Author Topic: Decision made  (Read 2294 times)

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Decision made
« on: June 06, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
(Edit:  I've decided to stay.)

Due to some recent problems, I've been debating whether or not to leave this site.  I feel as though I don't contribute anything of any value as far as discussion of the show.  Also, there was an incident that occurred between myself and another board member that made me look quite foolish.  So, I leave you all with this question:  Should I stay or go?  Please have good reasons either way.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: trying to make a decision
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 10:58:41 PM »
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!  You can't be leaving us!  :-(  :-(  :-(

I think all of the stuff you've done for us (the pics especially) was actually pretty cool.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:05 PM »
Junk, off the top of my head, I can't think of any good reason for you to leave this site.  I mean, the decision is totally up to you, but I'm certainly not going to encourage it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 11:10:01 PM »
I usually don't end up posting that much at this site, but I'm still actively (where'd that spell check go) reading.

I haven't seen you post anything that would cause you to leave. I mean, from some of stuff I've seen here (and I haven't been here as long as others...), you wouldn't even be close to anything bad. And I mean not even close!

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:11:42 PM »
He's already removed all of his info. :(

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:16:17 PM »
I have some advice for ya.....something that helped me out around this time last month......

Try to clean off the slate and any bad things on it.....wake up tomorrow, and start fresh. :-)

(a.k.a. Stay, good buddy. :-))

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:37:56 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!! You can't be leaving us! :-( :-( :-(

I think all of the stuff you've done for us (the pics especially) was actually pretty cool.

SteveGavazzi wrote:

Junk, off the top of my head, I can't think of any good reason for you to leave this site. I mean, the decision is totally up to you, but I'm certainly not going to encourage it.

Punchboard91 wrote:

I usually don't end up posting that much at this site, but I'm still actively (where'd that spell check go) reading.

I haven't seen you post anything that would cause you to leave. I mean, from some of stuff I've seen here (and I haven't been here as long as others...), you wouldn't even be close to anything bad. And I mean not even close!

Robert Searcy wrote:

I have some advice for ya.....something that helped me out around this time last month......

Try to clean off the slate and any bad things on it.....wake up tomorrow, and start fresh.

(a.k.a. Stay, good buddy. :-))

CX360 wrote:

He's already removed all of his info. :-(

I've managed to patch things up with the board member that was given me the notions to leave and with the kinds words of those who responded, I've decided to stay.

(Some people responded to me via AOL and email in case some of you thought that 5 posts seemed rather short of constituting a change of mind.)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Decision made
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 06:45:47 AM »
I didn't even know there was a problem, but I am glad to hear things have been patched up, and that you're staying..

And, yes, I do enjoy reading your posts. I would've missed you.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 11:54:07 AM »

Madonna wrote:
I didn't even know there was a problem, but I am glad to hear things have been patched up, and that you're staying..

And, yes, I do enjoy reading your posts. I would've missed you.

For me anyway, there was quite a problem.  I felt rather upset by it, but that's all been resolved now.

Don't worry, you'll have plenty more of my posts to read.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 01:21:47 PM »
I'm glad you've decided to stay and that whatever problem existed has been ironed out.

I just want to point out something that everyone should keep in mind:  not everyone who posts here, even when they're being sarcastic or snarky, means anything PERSONAL by it.

About half of the time, when I respond to a post, I don't pay any attention to who made the initial post.  That's because I have a hard time remembering real names and/or faces with all of the usernames here.  So when I respond, I respond more to what is said, not WHO said it.

It's easy to read something negative into a response when NOTHING negative was intended.  Sometimes it DOES get personal.  But sometimes, the responder had no intention of making it personal and it's just that whatever they wrote got interpreted that way.

I try to include remarks like, "With all due respect" or "I don't mean to criticize, but" in my posts.  But I don't always, and I hope that most people who've been around here for a while and have read discussions I've been part of would assume that this is an automatic with me.

I say all this to just point out that as much as we should try to keep in mind that what we type out can sometimes be subject to misinterpretation, we should also be quick to assume that the way WE interpret someone else's words could be wrong, too.

Let's be careful out there.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place