Author Topic: Charles Martinet to retire as Mario (and co) voice actor  (Read 1031 times)

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Charles Martinet to retire as Mario (and co) voice actor
« on: August 21, 2023, 10:25:21 AM »
but he'll still be with Nintendo as a "Mario Ambassador"

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Charles Martinet to retire as Mario (and co) voice actor
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 02:44:53 PM »
While it sucks to know Charles won't be the voice of Mario and company anymore, I'm happy to hear that he is still with Nintendo in some way.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:01:38 PM »
Interesting. I wonder if Nintendo wants Chris Pratt (or a soundalike) to voice Mario in the games now too. That would make sense for consistency.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 10:23:05 PM »
As a side note, Martinet did not voice Mario in the recent film, The Super Mario Bros. Movie; however, he did voice Mario's dad and Giuseppe (the Italian man playing the arcade game early on, who sounds exactly like Mario in the games) in the film.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 10:36:25 PM »
Interesting. I wonder if Nintendo wants Chris Pratt (or a soundalike) to voice Mario in the games now too. That would make sense for consistency.
Seeing as Mario's falsetto has become his iconic voice at this point (even movie Mario does the falsetto voice in the Plumber Rap commercial in the film), I'm guessing a Martinet soundalike would be more likely.

Best of luck to Charles, and whoever succeeds him as the new Mario (plus Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi).
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 04:26:43 AM »
Apologies for the bump, but Kevin Afghani is the new Mario:

"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!