Author Topic: “The Price is Right: A Tribute to Bob Barker” to air Thurs Aug 31 at 8 p.m. ET  (Read 9581 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

CBS is remembering Bob Barker with a one-hour primetime special this Thursday night at 8/7 Central hosted by Drew Carey — to be re-aired during Price’s daytime slot on Labor Day.

Entertainment Weekly Story
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
I'm happy to see this, but who the heck is the person who wrote the article?

"Barker is also remembered as a strong advocate of animal rights, famously signing off episodes with the quote, 'And remember folks, always spay or neuter your pets!'"

Wow.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
I'm happy to see this, but who the heck is the person who wrote the article?

"Barker is also remembered as a strong advocate of animal rights, famously signing off episodes with the quote, 'And remember folks, always spay or neuter your pets!'"

Wow.

Yikes.

The writer may have been better off just mentioning Bob's closing as opposed to an (incorrect) attempt at it.

Anyway, looking forward to the special on Thursday!
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
Me personally, I’ll pass.  Be kind please.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
No worries.  Not a big deal.

I have prior plans so it'll be a no-go for me when it airs.  However, and for me personally, it'll be interesting to see the special.  Something I'll catch after it airs
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Everyone in my household will be watching this when it airs.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
I just got around to watching it, and I thought it was really well done. Obviously, lots of clips we’ve seen before, but they did a great job of showing Bob at his best. It made me laugh and tear up. And Drew was certainly brought to tears a few times. M

One question, though: is Mike Richards still on payroll? I was kind of taken aback when I saw his EP credit. I’m sure this has been packaged for a while, and Drew just needed to film the wraparound segments, so maybe it was mostly produced when Mike was around?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
It was such a well done special. It truly showed why Bob was the WGMC.

One question, though: is Mike Richards still on payroll? I was kind of taken aback when I saw his EP credit. I’m sure this has been packaged for a while, and Drew just needed to film the wraparound segments, so maybe it was mostly produced when Mike was around?

Mike states on Instagram that he did help work on the tribute show.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline Renny

• In the Audience
It was a great special, a lot better than what I expected. Lots of fun and priceless clips.

Wasn't surprised or disappointed though that they didn't feature much of Janice, Dian or Holly... after all, it was a tribute to Bob Barker. Wish they could have done this special longer, but there was so much they could just fit into it.

Nevertheless, it was an amazing tribute to a TV icon. I got a little teary at the end. Rest well, Bob - good and faithful servant.
"You realize... We are in the presence of a miracle!" - Bob Barker

Offline Blissey

• Walking the Golden Road
Loved the special. Just sucked that the Drew Carey wraparounds were the first Price media shot at the new studio.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Loved the special. Just sucked that the Drew Carey wraparounds were the first Price media shot at the new studio.

The credits at the bottom indicated as much.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
It was a beautiful, well-done tribute to a true legend. Yes, a good number of the clips were the usual ones, but there were at least a few that haven't been shown as often. The clip of the man playing Temptation sitting in the recliner was great and I don't recall ever seeing that one before. I was surprised they included the Futurama and Family Guy clips since they're not Paramount/Viacom properties.

I imagine they'll censor certain parts of the Happy Gilmore and Adam Sandler appearance clips on the daytime rerun Monday.

Offline alansh42

• In the Audience
Yeah, I hadn't seen the contestant in the recliner before either.

The primetime airing got tagged "coarse language"; I do suspect they'll bleep it for daytime.

It's on CBS.com and Paramount+ now.

Offline publisher

• In the Audience
A lovely tribute. I'm grateful to CBS and Drew for it.