Author Topic: Contestants' Selection?  (Read 742 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Contestants' Selection?
« on: September 26, 2023, 01:37:45 PM »
Hi!  Does contestants actually KNOW if and when he/she's picked from studio audience or is a genuine surprise? 
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Contestants' Selection?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 01:51:00 PM »
Contestants have no idea they're going to be selected until they hear their name from George Gray (or see it on the cue card revealed on stage at the same time George says their name.)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 03:03:40 PM »
I had the best “advance notice” any contestant was likely to have had. The 11 eligible contestants not chosen at my first taping were told they would love to have us back as soon as possible, wink wink nudge nudge; two of the 11 contestants that took them up were called down in the first four in episodes that aired before mine taped. Wasn’t hard to see the pattern and get appropriately excited for my second tape date.

I was still shocked to see the name on the cue card and couldn’t have faked my reaction. Even though I had a good idea what was coming, I had no idea when.

It sounds naïve to say, but you never really “know” what’s in store until that moment where you see it and it hits you. The shock and adrenaline and excitement you see from the contestants is real.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 03:09:59 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 09:02:25 PM »

I was still shocked to see the name on the cue card and couldn’t have faked my reaction. Even though I had a good idea what was coming, I had no idea when.

That’s going to happen more often now that the audience is closer to the action.

Quoting fixed by Steve.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 09:14:38 PM by SteveGavazzi »