Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/27/2023  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 9/27/2023
« on: September 27, 2023, 02:09:29 PM »
Episode #0303L
Aired – 9/27/2023; Taped – 7/28/2023
Models: James O"Halloran
Microphone Handoff: n/a
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Grill (Lifesmart: 6-in-1 grill with 645sqin cooking surface, side shelving, locking casters, grill cover, electric starter, pizza stone, double rack); ARP: $1,499 (James)

YVONNE AIDAN SCOTT KERI
1200 800 1299 1300

The winner is...
KERI

Keri, from St. George, Utah, is playing Grand Game for a chance to win up to $10,000!

The target price is...

$8.50

Keri starts out at $1.00:

$1.00

The items are:

• Rana Basil Pesto Sauce (7oz)
  • VitaCoco Coconut Water (16.9oz)
  • Mucinex Sinus-Max Nasal Spray (.75oz)
  • Keebler E.L. Fudge Elfwich Sandwich Cookies (12oz)
  • Justin"s Classic Almond Butter (16oz)
  • Garnier Whole Blends Shampoo with Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter Extracts (12.5oz)

Pick 1: Sauce

$6.99
$10.00

Pick 2: Coconut Water

$2.99
$100.00

Pick 3: Cookies

$4.49
$1,000.00

Pick 4: Shampoo

$5.99
$10,000.00

WIN (ARP of the nasal spray: $12.99; ARP of the almond butter: $14.29)

Second IUFB: Pair of Tablets (Apple: pair of 256GB iPads: 12.9in iPad Pro and 10.9in iPad Air with M1 chip" smart keyboard, Apple Pencil); ARP: $2,266 (Overhead)

YVONNE AIDAN SCOTT KENNETH
1622 2000 1 1900

The winner is...
AIDAN

Aidan, a freshman political science major, at Cal State Long Beach, is playing One Right Price for:

1. Designer Shoes and Accessories (Michael Kors: boots, metallic sandals, leather pumps, messenger bag, leather and canvas tote bag, metallic wallet) (James)
  2. Arcade Game Machine (2-player full size pinball machine with 900 titles and 400 arcade games) (James)

The right price is $3,999. He picks the pinball...

SHOES   PINBALL
    $3999
$2587   $3999
    WIN

Third IUFB: Trip to Napa (RT Coach to San Francisco, CA then to Napa for a 2n stay in a deluxe vineyard view room at Wine Country Inn and Cottages + daily breakfast); ARP: $3,376 (George)

YVONNE ERICA SCOTT KENNETH
2222 3252 2200 4000

The winner is...
ERICA

Erica is playing Cover Up for a 2023 Toyota Corolla SE (2L engine, CVT, FWD, DEG, RBP, BEO) (James). The things being covered up today are: ROLLER COASTER.

7 5
    2 1 3
  9 5 4 0
4 6 3 5 9
2 0 8 9 7
W H E E !

2 1 3
  9 5 4 0
4     5  
  0 8 9 7
2 6 3 7 9

2 1 3
4     5  
  0 8 9 7
2 6 5 4 0
2 6 8 1 3

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Erica $3,376 40 95 1.35
OVER
Aidan $8,852 80 STAY .40
Keri $11,499 100 1.00 *$1,000!*

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 TOTAL RESULT
Keri $12,499 100 1.00 *$25,000!*

Fourth IUFB: Drone (Compact and beginner friendly drone with controller, 3 batteries, 6 propellers, charging hub, carrying case; 128GB microSD card); ARP: $888 (James)

YVONNE KIMBERLY SCOTT KENNETH
1522 600 2000 1500

The winner is...
KIMBERLY

Kimberly, from Columbiana, Ohio is playing Push Over for a new watercraft (Sea-Doo: Spark 2Up with 60HP motor, ITC, trailer, 2 lifevests) (James).

4 2 7 9 5 6 8 1 3        
  WATERCRAFT

Kimberly pushes the blocks to

4 2 7 9 5 6
  WATERCRAFT

ARP be...

4 2 7 9 5 6
  7 9 5 6

WIN

Fifth IUFB: Rowing Machine (Aviron: rower with 22in HD rotating screen, interactive exercises); ARP: $2,499 (James)

YVONNE MATTHEW SCOTT KENNETH
1 2295 2150 2296

The winner is...
KENNETH

Kenneth, from Baltimore, Maryland, is playing Rat Race for:

1. Knife Set (Folded Steel: 5 razor sharp knife, roll, magnetic lock, cutting board, care kit) (James)
  2. Collection of Designer Sunglasses (Fendi: 2 pairs for him, 2 pairs for her) (James)
  3. 2023 Steel Gray Kia Forte LXS (2L engine, IVT, FWD; ARP: $21,380) (James)

Kenneth can earn rats by guessing the prices of these items:

Kraft Cheez Whiz (15oz)

Guess must be within $1.

Guess: $3.49.

$5.99

Wrong! ($2.50)

Bissell Cordless Handheld Vacuum

Guess must be within $10.

Guess: $45.

$41

Correct! Rat picked: BLUE ($4)

Lighted LED Vanity Mirror

Guess must be within $100.

Guess: $200.

$124

Correct! Rat picked: GREEN ($76)

James releases the rats...

2 SUNGLASSES
  3 KNIFE SET
  1 CAR
  5 DNF

WIN (Total Winnings: $21,545 + sunglasses)

The blue run caused this, but we have a double-wide opportunity early in the season. Yvonne and Scott are both here. Thankfully neither bid 3rd, but at least one is headed for a trip to Eckhart Mines, Maryland.

Sixth IUFB: Roller Skates (BTFL Roller Skates: 5 skates, 24 trick wheels, 16 light up wheels); ARP: $1,329 (James)

YVONNE MATTHEW SCOTT BROOKE
822 600 751 750

The winner is...
YVONNE

Scott departs, Yvonne, from Los Angeles, California, escapes and is playing Freeze Frame for a trip to Vietnam (RT Coach to Ho Chi Minh City, VI for a 6n stay in a suite at Villa Song Saigon + daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and sightseeing tour on the Saigon River) (James).

$9158
  91 58  
63     37
16     45
  72 24  

WIN

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Kimberly $8,844 70 STAY .70
Yvonne $10,487 85 STAY .85 *SHOWCASE*
Kenneth $24,044 (+ sunglasses) 10 40 .50

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Keri has the honors...

SC1 - Keri

SUMMER YEAR AROUND
  • Ice Cream for a Year (Jeni"s Splendid Ice Creams: $800, 12mo Pint Club subscriptions) (James)
  • Home Theatre (leather chairs and reclining loveseat; 75in 4K QLED smart television; vintage style popcorn cart with candy dispenser) (James)
  • Trip to St. Maarten (RT Coach to St. Maarten for a 6n all-inclusive stay in a studio suite at Divi Little Bay) (James)
  • Trip to Belize (RT Coach to Belize City, BE then to Cayo for a 6n stay at The Lodge at Chaa Creek + daily breakfast) (James)
Bid: $28,792

SC2 - Yvonne

UPGRADE YOUR MORNING ROUTINE
  • Bedroom (Furniture of America: wood grain and light oak finished bed, chest, dresser, nightstand; Leesa: hybrid queen mattress) (James)
  • Espresso Maker (Artisnal espresso maker with brass and wood detailing) (James)
  • 2023 Snowflake White Pearl Mazda 3 Select (2.5L engine, 6-speed AT, FWD) (James)
Bid: $29,222
Keri
$28,792
TRIPS
$29,779
$987
TRIPS
*WIN*
$67,278
Yvonne
$29,222
CAR
$31,195
$2,773
CAR

Results: 5 out of 6
Winnings: $122,881
Biggest Winner: Keri

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:12:05 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/27/2023
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 02:23:30 PM »
Having been at the third taping that day, I can see why they didn’t want people to return. I wonder if backstage storage space is an issue (for both prizes and games).

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 03:10:43 PM »
We watched them truck some, but not all, of the first taping games out in front of the line after the show. Allegedly all the construction next door is so they can build a game and prize warehouse for the show.

This was a fun show and was perfect to set the mood for the rest of the tapings.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 05:21:42 PM »
My first Price taping. I was OOA 003 and became literally the third member of the public ever to see the new studio.

I bombed the interview badly, knew I wasn't going to be picked, so I just enjoyed the taping. I lost my voice faster than I lose it at a football game, though.

Drew's intro was reshot. So was every prize reveal. This episode took two hours to tape.

I tried to hear the opening spiel but it's impossible. We did find out quickly that it contained "from Hollywood" as Drew poked his head out during the first stopdown to ask George what this "from Hollywood" BS was.

During the first break, Drew found a guy who was actually from Glendale. Drew asked "the f--- do you DO here?" George is obviously aware that some audience members are taken aback by Drew's language during the commercials because he chimed in "and that's why you need to be 18 to see the show."

George pointed out the I ❤️ Adam shirt during his warmup, to which Sandler replied over the loudspeaker. He zoomed in TIGHT on her shirt as they went to break after she won.

I figured the Toyota would end in 3 during Cover so I was screaming NO NO NO. We were also screaming for about a minute during Push as we successfully got her to change her guess.

Matthew (#8) was seated in my row. It took him all of about two seconds to figure that I knew a lot about the show, because I was commenting on things like the RGC and the GPT. I even explained what riding the limo means to him and told him this site existed. Coincidentally, during the break just before IUFB5, he asked me if they still do the "contestants not appearing on stage" prizes. I told him no, they get $300. And that's exactly what he won. We did have a chance to exchange a few words when he went back to his seat during SCSD1 for continuity reasons. He also briefly came back and asked us to flash the numbers slower before IUFB6. I thought I was going to get in trouble. Fortunately a PA shooed him back to Contestants Row in short order without further incident.

The $2295 bid during IUFB5 is mine. Drew even asked Matthew "did you get that bid from your friend [VHS]" but that line didn't make the final cut. I was so mad when bidder 3 upped him with 2296. Then I had absolutely no clue on the roller skates. Sorry, Matthew - we tried! If you stumble across this feel free to sign up for the site and claim your alumnus star. Don't be afraid to shoot me a DM either.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 09:54:34 AM by thatvhstapeguy »
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 06:30:47 PM »
Having been at the third taping that day, I can see why they didn’t want people to return. I wonder if backstage storage space is an issue (for both prizes and games).
Very likely the reason, yes.

I am expecting at least trips are cycled better since those are fully computer graphics now.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 09:20:04 PM »
Recap posted.

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 09:20:35 PM »
Today’s audience seem to be filled with mall Santas.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 09:45:16 PM »
Today’s audience seem to be filled with mall Santas.

I'm gonna request you retract that statement on the condition there were members of this forum in the audience and it's an insult.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 10:15:12 PM »
You could tell this was the first taped episode, because the intro music was totally droned out by the audience noise.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 11:07:25 PM »

jk I’m fine with being called Mall Santa

So we had a… number of board members in the audience today. You can hear us screaming “YES” and “NO” in the product descriptions in Grand Game to the point that Drew played off of us for the reveal.

You can also hear us start to chant “$200” during the third SP in Rat Race, and we were pretty unanimous about Freeze Frame and One Right Price. A few friends and I were signaling $9K in Push to the point where the camera took US. Turns out that was wrong and the rest of the audience talked her into going one block further, and good thing they did!

The new studio was a TON of fun. Eager to go back.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 11:46:55 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 11:36:59 PM »
I keep noticing new things about the lights as we go through this week.  Today, I realized that the asterisk lights in the audience are changing colors all through the Showcase Showdowns.  It's not very noticeable, but you can see it in the one that hangs just over the left side of Door #1.

I don't much care for the new lighting (although that's no one's fault at the show), but Push Over, whose current color scheme I've never liked all that much, actually looks better with it.

Still yammering on about lights, I hope the gray lighting on the Rat Race track isn't permanent.  It made it harder to see which lanes were lit up, and that was really all it did.

I really wish Yvonne had taken more time to play Freeze Frame -- we never got to see whether they had to adjust the split-screen shot! :P

Drew's intro was reshot. So was every prize reveal. This episode took two hours to tape.

I'm not the least bit surprised about this.  I'm sure they went into this taping crossing their fingers that everything they'd rehearsed would actually work and knowing darn well that some of it wouldn't.  It came off looking pretty seamless, and they should be proud of that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2023, 12:32:09 AM »
Awesome show today! Happy to see so many site members attending the first taped show of Season 52. I'm sure it was a magical experience!

Congrats to Keri for earning the first $25K on the wheel of the new season and the new studio! More fun firsts and exciting moments to come, and I'm glad to be here for them.

Still yammering on about lights, I hope the gray lighting on the Rat Race track isn't permanent.  It made it harder to see which lanes were lit up, and that was really all it did.
Speaking of yammering, and speaking of lights, the neon borders of Cover Up's numbers appear to be white now, rather than blue. Below are two screenshots, one of Cover from April 2023, and one of Cover from today. While it's possible a lighting change could be the cause, I find it unlikely as the difference is too stark.

CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 12:51:58 AM »
Still yammering on about lights, I hope the gray lighting on the Rat Race track isn't permanent.

Speaking of yammering, and speaking of lights, the neon borders of Cover Up's numbers appear to be white now, rather than blue. [...] While it's possible a lighting change could be the cause, I find it unlikely as the difference is too stark.

All of these seeming changes are results of the new lighting grid. Whatever the Television City grid used (incandescent bulbs? It's been forever since my college TV production classes, and I never really looked up at the lights in the studio), it gave the LED-lit tracks in Rat Race (which looked white in person) a blue tinge. Now that everything's being illuminated by LED lights, the LED lights overhead are more accurately reflecting the color of the LED lights in the track. That's also the reason the bulbs on the Big Wheel look more yellow than they used to look, I'm willing to bet it's why the numbers on the Showcase displays suddenly have a yellow tint to them, and it's why the neon in Cover Up looks different (those first two squares are positioned exactly the same in both pictures -- those are the same bulbs behind what I have to assume is the same dark plastic).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 08:11:16 AM »
I noticed too on Monday's show that the lights on the Coming Or Going prop were not turned on at all until the contestant started playing the game.  Normally they'd be flashing when it's first seen and while Drew explains the game.