Author Topic: Pricing games that remind you of other game shows  (Read 390 times)

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
Pricing games that remind you of other game shows
« on: October 21, 2023, 06:57:49 AM »
A few examples...

Safe Crackers reminds me of the Golden Doors end game of Bob Eubank's Dream House.

Pass the Buck, puts me in mind both of the Bill Cullen game show of the same name, and also Press Your Luck as you have the option to stop or gamble knowing you could lose everything.

Let 'Em Roll reminds me of the mid 1970s syndicated game show Dealer's Choice.  The end game had a player rolling just 2 dice but down a very long ramp.

Hit-Me and Joker of course always put me in mind of Gambit, especially Hit-Me as it was based on BlackJack.

3 Strikes calls to mind Family Feud.  Also Concentration a little bit, but in reverse, having to remember where something is NOT located.

Clock Game, Bonkers and Race Game all tie in nicely with another Goodson-Todman classic Beat the Clock.

Card Game's cards remind me a little of Card Sharks, as does any pricing game that involves predicting higher or lower on a price.

5 Price Tags reminds me of Hollywood Squares a bit, as a player has to figure out whether the answer is true or false.

Any pricing game involving grocery items brings to mind Supermarket Sweep for me.

Dice Game reminds me of High Rollers, although Dice Game involves 4 dice, different colored dice, and only rolling one at a time instead of 2.

Ten Chances (old set) reminded me of The Newlywed Game because of the white lattice pattern the board had.  A similar look appeared behind Bob Eubanks on that show.

Now or Then reminds me a little bit of a far too short-lived NBC daytime show Time Machine.  Also Family Channel's Trivial Pursuit hosted by Wink Martindale as the game board looks just like a T.P. game piece for the wedges.

I'm sure there are many others but I've rambled on far too long already.  Would love to see if there are other games that remind some of you of other game shows.