Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2007  (Read 31106 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2007
« on: June 11, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »

Production #4031K - Taped June 1, 2007

Bob: audience entrance

First Four lineup: left to right

Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Venus

1   International Surrey (G&L)

SAMIRA 1200
ASHLEY 750
SONYA 1150
DANIEL P. *1201
($2395)

Daniel P. gets to take Barker's final trip down the GOLDEN ROAD

(Geisha) Mushrooms81˘
Oneida Louisiana Flatware (L)–958$895*
Bumper Pool Table (G)2–4952849LOSS
Fleetwood Tara LX31M Motorhome (R)100–xx

2   2 Nokia N73 Cellular Phones (L&R-in the Row)

+Samira *960
+Ashley 700
+Sonya 800
GEORGE 891
($1157)

Samira plays PUNCHBOARD

Orange Glo Hardwood System$14HIGHER$20*( 1 )50
Cirtus Press200LOWER150*( 4 )100
Spring Float Pool Lounge15HIGHER20*(10)10000WIN!
(Margarator) Margarita Machine90LOWER79*(50)

3   (Amana) French Door Fridge+Freezer/Ultra Downy (G&R)

AMY 1800
+Ashley 2000
+Sonya 2200
George *2291
($2399)

George plays MOST EXPENSIVE

(Sony) 46" LCD Projection HDTV (R)PICK$2199LOSS
Pulaski Casa Cristina Dining Group (L)3477
Bodyguard T240 Motorized Treadmill (G)1899

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,439George60 + 401.00*$1000*   Bonus 55   Through to Showcase Round
3,290Daniel P.60 + 10.70
11,426Samira20 + 15.35

As promised, they're showing a few of the "15 Seconds" contest winners this week. HERE to see the first one from 'halflip876'. CLICK HERE to see more entries.

4   Robinson & Robinson Sofatrend Sofa/Senokot S Supplement (L)

Amy 1700
+Ashley *1701
+Sonya 1
DANIEL R. 2500
($1749)

Ashley from Bullhead City, CA plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (G&R)

Setup:4 4 0 9 5
Pick:$ 4 4 9 5
Price:$ 4 4 9 5WIN!

5   Bulova His/Her Stainless/Diamond Watches (from above)

Amy *1
CHERYL 1500
+Sonya 2400
Daniel R. 3000
($1149)

Amy from Toronto, ON plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Cobalt LS (Std., BlkHtr, Prot)(L)

[4][  ]
Rolls:   $1[1][3][4][6]
2[3][4]LOSS

We're down to the final week of Price Season 35, and the last place one wants to be is where Sonya is right now - stuck in the Row. Can she avoid banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club?

6   Keys Helena 6 Pc Luggage Set (All)
DONAHI 899
Cheryl 950
Sonya 750
Daniel R. *1
($580)

Sonya heads off to the clubhouse while Daniel R. from Baltimore, MD plays HI LO for 2 Yamaha Vino 125 Motorscooters (G)($5098)

(6) Cortaid Advanced (1.5 oz)$9.99
(1) Whink Hair Clog Blaster6.99
(5) Ziploc Sorage Bags (20 gallon)2.79

(2) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (15 oz)1.07
(3) Dole Diced Peaches (4 pk)2.15
(4) (Nestle Quik) Drink Mix (32 oz)4.39LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$580Daniel R.  5 +100OV
1,149Amy20 +  45.65Through to Showcase Round
6,284Ashley25 +  15.40

SHOWCASE ROUND

George has the honor.

SC1-Amy

Aegean Apparel Sleepwear
Broyhill American Era Bedroom Group
Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set (L)
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner (G)
*** DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER ***
BID$17,000
PRICE17,046
DIFF–46
TOTAL51,154

SC2-George

12 Elvis CDs
DVD Home Entertainment System (L)
Trip to London (6n)(R)
Ford Mustang V6 (Std., Prot)(G)
BID$32,157
PRICE32,959
DIFF–802
TOTAL$  3,439

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6

Total Winnings: $76,273

..and then, there were three shows until Barker's Final Bow.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2007
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 03:00:33 PM »
A $100K motorhome? That would have made a dent in the budget the size of a crater. :lol:

Finally... Punchy's drought is over! What a way for it to go out in Bob's run.

Beautiful bids in the Showcases! That's got to be one of the best combined differences ever.

HOTTIES: #305, Samira; #306, Ashley; #307, Amy :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Amy
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:02:47 PM »
Golden Road:  WHOA.........6-digit prize in daytime.  To be honest, I wasn't expecting *that* except maybe the last show.  Too bad he blew it on the game table.  (I did too....I too woulda went with 5.)

Punch-a-Bunch:  I had a slight inkling (after I made a guess in chat of that gal winning only $50) that Roger was gonna hide the big amounts in the corners.  Nice punchin' gal.

Squeeze Play:  So easy.......I've run outta people to say that could win that spa. :lol:  It was that easy....Roger wanted that won by the looks of things.

Showcase #1:  Nice bidding Amy!

Showcase #2:  Wow....another good bid!

Overall:  A good show today.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 03:19:50 PM »
This was an awesome start to Bob's final week!

Golden Road Heartbreaking is the appropriate word for that, but a 100K+ prize in daytime?  Wow!

Punchboard Way to go, Samira!

Most Expensive We were all saying 2 in chat, he should have listened to us

Squeeze Play Two words come to mind: Easy win.  But well-played nonetheless

Dice Game WHOO, Amy from Toronto - right in my neck of the woods (Mississauga).  And the El Cheapo Cobalt does yet another person in, that was a painful loss

Hi-Lo When he picked the Ziploc over the Nesquik, I knew he was done for

The FieldsFan336 Semi-Memorial One-Canadian SC Round Two amazing bids by both Amy and George, but Amy's 46-dollar difference was spectacular.  She truly earned that DSW and then some! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 03:47:27 PM »
(Barker's Final) Golden Road: If it's over 100K, it's got to be a motorhome. Any kind of loss on this one is painful. When we needed another 8 to get to the motorhome, a lot were upset about that. I went, "You don't do that! You don't do that! You don't do that!" It's just that I thought they don't use the same number twice. But, then again, we are playing for "the most expensive prize"; so you got to make it difficult to win.

The Punch-A-Bunch Punchboard: I was about to throw the very tinest of fits if Samira would go for just the corners like a good few. As soon as Bob saw the third slip, I had an inkling she got a least $5000. I just felt a little good that Bob mentioned Brian; brings back memories. Then the big $10,000 kinda made up for Golden Road (at least to me).

One Bid 3: It sounded like George had a good idea on the fridge. I was almost expecting bells after that.

Most Expensive: Hmm, I guess some celebrities have distinctive tastes in furniture, not that I have a problem with that. Even though dining groups like that can be costly, I went for the television anyway. I feel so stupid.

Showcase Showdown 1: You know some words are going to be said about George's post-$1,000 win..

The 15-second clip: The guy on the left has shades of Rich Fields in him--almost sounding just like him.

Squeeze Play: "Oh, come on! It can't be that easy! Take out the oh-so-obvious centered 0!"

Dice Game: It looked like Amy tossed some of the dice instead of rolling them. I guess those count as long as it goes over the line. The [3] and the [4] were the only rolls to watch for.

One Bid 6: Sonya's 750 just did not seem successful. I wanted her to bid higher than 950. I guess Daniel R. had the same successful bidding ambition as George.

Hi-Lo: Daniel R. was doing good, until he picked the Ziploc bags. What else could be high? Size matters. Since the drink mix was kinda large, it had to make a lot of drinks; so I went with that. We all expressed an upcoming failure in the end.

Showcases: Both bids were really good. When we all applauded George's bid, I was predicting either Amy overbidded, underbidded by so much, or possibly won them both. In my opinion, this also made up for the motorhome loss. I just had to watch it a few times to experience what it would be like to be in the studio when the DSW happened. Probably as big as Bob's entrances these days.

I feel good today.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »
Golden Road: $100K motorhome?!  WOW!  I would have said 5 on the Pool Table.

Punchy: YES!!!!!!!!!  A $10K Win to end the series of drought.

ME:  That dinette looked the costliest.

Squeeze: That zero said "PICK ME!"

Dice Game: I had a feeling the 3rd number was lower than 3.

Hi-Lo: I had a feeling the Nesquik was $4 and it was.

SC2: A very good bid.  I thought it wouldn't crack $30K.

SC1: A DSW!  I thought the Bedroom wouldn't crack $15K.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »
A wonderful start to a wonderful week!

Golden Road: 6 digits in daytime?  Too bad Daniel didn’t make it to the final prize.  I would have really liked to know how much it cost.  I would have gotten the second prize right and would have had a chance to win the motor home.  After I guessed an 8, I was saying “Please don’t choose the 9!”  Fortunately, he didn’t; unfortunately, he lost.

Punch-a-bunch: Its final playing with Bob as host resulted in a $10,000 win!  However, I was worried when the corner holes were punched out.  They are often punched out, but it’s not often they hold $10,000.

Squeeze Play: Easy as 123.

Hi-Lo: Those Ziploc bags are cheap, so I knew he lost.

SC1: My Bid: $16,315 / Diff: $731
SC2: My Bid: $32,600 / Diff: $359

Another DSW!  About the middle of the season, I thought there would be only one DSW, and now we have had three!
I hope we can have a perfect show this week!

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 04:17:16 PM »
PG #1-Woohoo, it's...MDS-Daytime Golden Road!  It's a shame Daniel got shot down by that pool table.  Mostly everyone was saying 5 for it.  The 8 was clearly the work of :clipboard:.

PG #2-Yay, Punch-a-bunch for [d]$25,000[/d] $10,000!  Finally, the drought is over in this game.  When Bob started dragging out the reveal of the slip, I figured she had won.  A perfect way to end Punch-a-Bunch with Bob.

PG #4-Man, that was extremely easy.

PG #5-OUCH!  Again someone rolls a 3 for the 3rd number, and again, it trips the contestant up and costs them the game.

PG #6-I knew the Nesquik would be the correct choice instead of the Ziploc bags.

SC #2-I thought George Willyed severely, but it turns out it was a fantastic bid.
SC #1-Woohoo, DSW #3!  The best differences I've ever seen.

A great way to start the week!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »
My comments on Bob's last Monday airing as host of TPIR:

I would've said 8 on the pool table to have a chance on that $100,000+ motorhome there.

Yes! A $10,000 winner on Punchboard! Finally!

I was gunning for #2. Getting all 3 prizes in the process. The same can't be for George however.

Nothing much to say about the 15-second clip except that they sounded like pros. It also very interesting to mention "historic moments" on the show.

I think most if not all would probably want the 0 to be taken out. Easy as pie.

I kind of went with a fellow Canuck on the third number. Yet I knew it would be lower than 3 rather than higher. Sadly, that was the case. Too bad.

Even without revealing the price of the Nesquik everybody including myself knew Daniel was a goner by the time he picked the Ziploc.

I wanted Daniel to win the second showcase showdown had he done the second spin with more power than with skill. Barely getting it all the way around with a disasterous result.   :roll:

I thought George went over in his bid. Turn out to be a spectacular bid. However a fellow Canuck on the part of Amy got a even more spectacular bid. So spectacular she ended up winning both showcases! HOORAY FOR AMY! OUR FELLOW CANUCK!  :-D

Man, what a way to end Bob's last Monday show!  :-D

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »
Golden Road - $100k+!?!?!? wow! too bad he tripped on the tabel, though it was better that than the flatware or motorhome.

Punchboard - yay $10k winner #2!

Most Expensive - Dinette was obvious to me

Squeeze Play - that 0 didnt fit there

Dice game - I thought that Amy had won, until i say the second number was 4

Hi Lo - Tough break

Showcases: WOW! yay for Amy! (fellow southern ontarian) Like FieldsFan said she definetly deserved it. She has quite the excited contestant. i had thought george had gone over, but he was close. Once his difference was read, i was hoping that Amy had DSW

my Bids: $17,500/OVER | $26,210/$6,743

Grade: 8.5/10

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 04:31:53 PM »
What a good way to start off Bob's last week - GOLDEN ROAD!!!!! :-D  :-D WOW! $100,000+ prize in daytime, not bad. Too bad Daniel could not get to the end. I thought 5 as well for the bumper pool table.

Punchboard was fun. This is the first time in a while that the $10,000 has been in the corner holes, that is when a contestant has punched out the corner holes. I wonder if Roger wanted it that way for Bob's last playing.

Hi Lo was a dead giveaway today. There was no reason that it should have been lost.

The showcases were fun. I expect one of the showcases each day this week will be in some tribute to Bob. Good for Amy for getting over $51,000 in prizes!

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
That was one heck of a Showcase. I couldn't believe the differences. I felt bad for George. Such a great bid only to lose!

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 05:06:45 PM »
When Bob made his audience entrance today, I assumed it was obviously due to Act I setup... but then I got to thinking, wouldn't it be a nice touch if Bob used an audience entrance this whole week, no matter what the first game is?

ARRGG!!!  My VCR tape ran out right between the commercial break after the showcases, so I didn't get to tape the reveal of the DSW (possibly Bob's last).  :-(

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »
Opening: not to bad, although i was hoping for a stage entrance....oh well (somehow i knew it had to be either Golden Road or Three Strikes....but it was Golden Road)

Showcases: YIPPY SKIPPY!!! ANOTHER DSW!!! :-D  :-D  :-D

even though i wish there was a way that the amount of DSW's there were this season would've matched up with the amount of DOB's.....you know-- to even out the percentage
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline TalkingHeadsFan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »
Hi everybody,

This is Douglas Roberts, I submitted today's CBS 15 Second Bob Barker Tribute video! I'm glad everybody enjoyed the video, (I'm on the left). The replica microphone was made out of a curtain rod wrapped in electrical tape with an ECM-150 fed through it. Sure, it's shoddy, but it looks like the real deal...kind of. It's pretty flattering to be told I sound like Rich Fields! My friend (Josh Leite) and I were actually worried about getting clearance of the Bob Barker photo we were holding, as we didn't really own the rights to that photograph. Thankfully, everything worked out just fine. We figured we would try and cater to the loyal friends and true and the people on this site by slipping in the "Historic Moment" reference and pointing the finger in the air, ala Barker.

Douglas