Author Topic: Early Season 52 Updates  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Early Season 52 Updates
« on: November 07, 2023, 07:55:32 PM »
Howdy. Posting this message to announce a couple things. (No, I'm not retiring.)

1. As some of you know, the fonts most of this season have been goofed up. This will be taken care of in short order. I apologize for this. Not 100% sure what's going on.

2. I have good news for those issues where my computer has a habit of shutting off. Basically, because of the age of my computer, the thermal paste on the CPU has gone away from overuse, resulting in CPU overheat, resulting in the shutoff by failsafe to keep the CPU from catching fire. Generally this has meant a 30min delay to let the computer rest. 2 weeks ago I acquired a laptop computer that should alleviate this problem on days that I have to do the recap after work. Recaps done live will be done from my desktop, but the ones post-work will probably be done on the laptop if necessary. Should eliminate the unnecessary and unfair delays.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Roadgeek Adam

Re: Early Season 52 Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 09:55:11 PM »
3. Even better news. After taking the heat sink and CPU fan out, we found 9 years of dust build up that had been causing the problems. It's cleaned out, computer runs like a charm, no more shutting off for failsafe.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 09:52:32 PM »
Guess a few more updates are in order.

4. As you may have noticed in Discord, I was fired (unfairly) by DoorDash after over 3 1/2 years on Friday, December 1. Uber Eats picked me up on the 3rd, but things are a little crazy right now. If my schedule for recaps gets a bit bananas because of it, I hope you understand. Uber Eats only allows me to work 12 hours a day, so there's no more getting up at 448am, working till almost 8, coming home to do the recap. Working till almost 8 will remain, but starting at 7 or 730. Obviously my hope is a job that isn't what I'm doing now.

5. Also, some may have noticed I've made some references to the fact that I came out as nonbinary 16mo ago. I don't really have a pronouns prefrence, albeit I've been shoving HRT up my face for 5mo. Just feel like you should know.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 07:50:39 PM »
6. More an update to number 5, but I think it's time to tell something that's a rather open secret here. I've been on hormone replacement therapy for 10mo as of Friday, and I am officially transitioning into a woman. However. I am keeping the Roadgeek_Adam handle here and at other sites because frankly I don't want to go through the effort of changing my handle on 8 or 9 websites. You will call me Adam here, in Discord, etc.

7. The July 4 show will be the last recap done here in Western New York. My partner Toni and I are moving to Walden, New York in the Hudson Valley on July 27 and I will be back in the WCBS market. (Yay!) I of course, will be doing S53 recaps. :)

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 01:58:14 PM »
6. More an update to number 5, but I think it's time to tell something that's a rather open secret here. I've been on hormone replacement therapy for 10mo as of Friday, and I am officially transitioning into a woman.

Congrats on coming out to be your fullest, truest, best self. Best vibes for you on this amazing journey you're on :)

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:26:38 AM »
Good vibes from me as well! I've gotten the understanding from others online that it isn't easy, but I feel that things are getting better as time moves forward.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.