Author Topic: Arriving early to a taping  (Read 408 times)

Offline macruin

• Outside in Line
Arriving early to a taping
« on: November 15, 2023, 08:56:42 PM »
Hello! I have line vouchers for a taping in a few weeks. I’ll be flying in from out of town and this will be my first time there. I’m planning to arrive an hour early to improve my chances of getting in. Will it be obvious where to line up (even if I manage to be the first person there)?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Arriving early to a taping
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 09:35:53 PM »
Yes. There will be signs pointing exactly where to go from the entrance to the lot. You will follow them around to the parking lot at the back of the church, next to some playgrounds and basketball courts with TPIR and LMAD signs.

Pics can be seen here.

OCA staff will be outside up to two hours early with a shade tent and processing table outside near the entrance to the church. One line will form at that shade tent. At some point they will check your tickets and separate you into two lines, priority and line voucher.

It looks like none of the tapings are full over the next few weeks, so that bodes very well for your odds of getting in.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."