Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2007 (Barker's Final Bow)  (Read 71647 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2007 (Barker's Final Bow)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
Well, the amazing final episode of Bob's The Price is Right has aired.  In a way watching this show, it doesn't seem like the end of the season, or even Bob's.  I guess it hasn't sunk in yet for me.

That was really neat that they used the aerial MDS camera.    Maybe it's because they're reairing the show tonight.  Nevertheless, it was very cool to see it in daytime.

Lucky $even-Roger finally decided to be nice on Bob's last playing of Lucky $even (I expected nonetheless) and decided to put a 5 as the last number.  That playing came down to the wire, but it was great Denise won that Corvette.

Plinko-Too bad we didn't get one last $10,000 winner.  Bob will never get to see a $50,000 win as host.

Range Game-2 wins out of 3 games in the 1st half with Plinko being the other game is a really good way to start out the show!

Double Prices-It was glad to see this being played for a car.  I was wondering if and when it would be played for a car in this season, and it was during Bob's last show.

Grocery Game-I had heard in chat that Melba was there for her 101st time!  Now that is a dedicated Loyal Friend and True.  In a week full of easy setups, this setup was practically impossible.  If anything, Melba got to interact with Bob on this special day.

Any Number-A fitting way to end Bob's career with the 1st game he hosted as his last.  It's a shame, though, that Bob's last pricing game ended in a loss.

Showcases-With a week and show like this, I expected nothing less than today's.  Denise couldn't quite beat Vicky Ann's record, but she came really close to it.  And we also have a new #2 winner, which already beats yesterday's #2.  If somehow she had gotten a DSW, she would've even beaten Sheena's MDS record!

And with that ends Bob's career on The Price is Right.  It was a shame we couldn't see Bonus Game instead of Grocery Game, but with Plinko showing up, it most likely wasn't going to happen.  Although it's a good thing they played Grocery Game; at least the 2nd half was games played in Bob's 1st week.  And a perfect way to end his career with Any Number, just like it began.

Bob ended at the top of his game.  I'm glad his last show ended with the focus on Bob.  It was touching to see Rich and Bob hug at the very end.  Bob is a truly great a man who will be deeply missed.  Have a great retirement and a great rest of your life, Bob!
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 04:31:33 PM »
Well, I guess the showcases weren't as shocking as the "Every Trip in the House" yesterday--probably most of us expected both to have expensive cars--but it's still great to see anyway!  I am kinda' disappointed showcase #1 didn't have a trip to New Orleans, though.  That would've fit in nicely.

I'm a little surprised Roger made Grocery Game so near-impossible to win today.  I mean, I know tough Grocery Game setups are one of Roger's favorite pasttimes, but just that he did it today, specifically.  I was shocked at how high the soap was.

And on that note, I felt bad for Melba.  It's not often someone actually plays Grocery Game well, but she did!  Just... wow... I still can't believe how expensive the soap was!  She seemed like the quietly excited kind liable to faint had she won :oldlol:!

Embarassingly, I must admit I'd have lost Lucky $even.  Not the first time I've severly overpriced a Corvette this season... thought that second number had to be nine.  Denise was a lot of fun.

Any Number was so meant to be won.  And almost any other contestant would've won.  I mean, no one ever picks 1 or 2, everyone loves 8 and 9, and Phillip was just too much a loyal friend and true to pick the "obvious" 8 and 9.  Not that the 9 was going to help, but my point still stands.  Too bad.

As it is, it just feels "right" that Any Number was the last game today, since it was also the first game he did on his first show.  Bob started with Any Number, and ended with Any Number.

Actually, aside from Plinko, all the games today debuted within a year of the show's start!

You know, it feels like it's been over nine years since Double Prices has been played for a car :oldlol:.

Going by the odds, it's really surprising that in nine years, no one has yet won $30,000 in Plinko.  Would've really been great for today, specifically, to be the day to finally break that streak.  Darn that it didn't happen.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 04:54:39 PM »
Well this is it. My comments on Bob's last show.  :cry:

Well despite that glitch on the fourth number this game was relatively easy. Great for Denise to get the corvette.

Great win. Ditto on the 37 hours bit Bob did one final time.

I wanted Francisco to win the first showcase showdown.

Yay! A fellow Canuck wins. A car more or less.

Grocery Game wasn't really a piece of cake. It was tough.

It's great to end all PGs with the very first PG on the premiere episode back in '72. Any Number. Too bad it didn't end with a win.

After spending five days waiting and also being featured on the news I was really rooting for Philip to win it all. Though Denise wasn't bad either.

It was just great for Bob to thank of us viewers for his 50 years on television. And what really displayed on that last show today was when Rich hugged Bob and that's when I started to cry. Once again, thank you Bob from the bottom of my heart. I will never EVER forget you! :cry:

Offline wdm1219

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
I was surprised when I finally got home from work and picking my child up, it was 3pm, only to discover a neighborhood kid sitting way up in one of my pine trees.  I was furious!  All the day I spent psyching myself up for this finale, and I came into the house enraged.  I'm still red in the face from this.

That being said, I did not shed any tears, I felt just a tad bit choked up, but only a slight tad for a moment.  This was a very nice way for Barker to take his final bow indeed.  I'm hoping against hope that tonight's primetime re-broadcast may have some "extras" that weren't shown during the daytime, but I fear that won't be the case.

I groaned when I discovered that Plinko was going to be played on this show, and only $1,500 was won.  Big suprise (he says sarcastically).  I would have much rather seen Bonus Game played.

Still it was a very nice touch to have 5 of the 6 games played that were featured from season #1, and for Any Number to be the last pricing game.  Gives one the feeling of having come full circle.

Unlike most, I'm hoping that Bob does not come back, even as a substitute.  I believe doing so would rather diminish all this buildup, as well as those 2 primetime specials in May.  I suspect, as some others of you do, that CBS and/or Fremantle wanted to wait until the season finale before saying "And the new host of The Price is Right will be...".

I thought I would feel more sentimental and choked up.  I guess preparing for this all week made me less so.  Partly due to the slim possibility of Bob returning, possibly due to the realization that he'll still be on next Monday, albeit in reruns, over the next 3-4 months (or longer).  Possibly when, and if, the new host emerges through those big doors for the first time will it TRULY hit me.  Hit me...how ironic that I used that phrase to refer to Bob's retirement, as Hit Me was retired this season too....

Best wishes Bob on a very long, and happy retirement,

With love,
A fellow Sagittarian who has watched you since the Truth or Consequences Days of 1970 at the tender age of 3....

Bill McD.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 05:00:59 PM »
Bob's 6,728th and final episode of The Price is Right: What a wonderful show!

Lucky $even: Had this been any other day, I would have said the last number was a 9.  I'm so glad the setup was easy after many difficult ones.  My guess was $43,645, so I would have won with no money left over.

Double Prices: For a car!  Even this game was fun to watch; after all, it is Bob's last show.  I would have picked $24,041, since I didn't think the car would have been that expensive.  Both prices looked high enough to be the correct price, but now that I think about it, $29,560 does look like a better price.  Third to last game being played, and third game to debut.

Grocery Game: Tough setup.  Surprising to see camping trailer at over $11,000 was the cheapest main prize offered.

Any Number: Only fitting that Bob's first pricing game and last pricing game should be the same.  Too bad the results weren't the same.

Showcases: It was nice of Denise to pass the showcase, but it was surprising to see an expensive car in each showcase (and Denise had already won an expensive car.)

SC1: My Bid: $62,730 / Diff: $5,947
SC2: My Bid: $73,620 / Diff: $17,141

This show was just as fun to watch as the 35th Season Premiere but even more memorable than that!  It seems appropriate that the games being played were classic games, rather than new games.  Three to debut in 1972 (and all played in Bob's first week), two in 1973, and one in 1983.

Thank you, Bob, for at least 6 memorable years of TPIR.  I remember watching the 30th Anniversary Special, so I know I watched TPIR for at least 6 years, bur I can't remember anything before that.  You have made my days wonderful!  You may be retired, but your memory will never retire!

Offline saturn93

• In the Audience
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
That was a real nice show to end on.

It's interesting, first episode...#1 Winner, last episode...#2 winner.  

At the end, I raised what was left of my soda and ice and saluted Bob.  Whether it was on a holiday, on summer vacation, a sick day from school, or taping while working/school (from 1995 or so when I got a VCR, and about 2004 on with Tivo), thank you Bob for coming to the house by TV.  Weekdays at 10:00 AM will never be the same.

Offline wdm1219

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
Not sure what you meant by show #1 winner, show #2 winner?  Sorry that has me confused.

Offline Footix

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
Meaning (I think), that the season premiere had the biggest winner all-time, and the season finale had the 2nd-biggest.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 06:01:28 PM »
Well here we go for the last time.

Lucky 7: Easy: Virtually the all 5's trick would have won this.

Plinko:As said in media, it would arrive.  Ugh, we couldn't squeeze out a $10K+ win, couldn't we?

Range Game: Talk about FRB. Franscico went with the Gallery and won this game.

Double Prices: Simple, for it was a 300 Touring, which made $29,000 the right choice.

Grocery Game: EVIL!  I thought the evil streak would stop this week?  

Any Number: Yay it's played. Ow!  A piggy bank win.

SC:  As predicted, 2 super expensive car would arrive.  On this 1st, I Willyed severely, thinking it was $75,000.  For the 2nd, I did better, saying it was $86,000.   And Denise becomes the 2nd Daytime champ! BTW, had she said $90,511-761, she would've broken Vickyann's Daytime by $60,895 and Sheena's record by $24,724.

Good bye Bob!  Thanks for 35 years of wonderful memories! :cry:

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 06:04:24 PM »
I don't know what to say.  I just watched the final episode, and I must say, despite everything they did, I didn't enjoy it.  Not because I didn't like what they did through any point of the show, not at all.  It's that once the show ended, there's no more Barker.  Having grown up with the show - I started watching it when I was 4, and am 28 now, it was honestly tough to see him say goodbye for the final time.  I must say as I heard Bob say goodbye and the credits rolled, I did tear up a bit.  It's like your best friend moved away.  Thanks for the memories Bob.  We're sure going to miss you.

Jeff F.

Offline saturn93

• In the Audience
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Thanks Footix, that is what I meant.  I just wasn't clear enough.

Offline juan833blue

• Outside in Line
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 06:57:40 PM »
Thanks for the Memories Bob Barker, we're gonna miss ya!!!!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 07:26:33 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6731

Bob Barker (and Shane Stirling) Semi-Memorial Hyper Expensive Showcase Round
Showcase #1: Saints
Trip to St. Maarten, which last aired on May 26, 2005 - $8,455
Trip to Dublin - $5,672
Lincoln Navigator - $54,550

Showcase #2: The Dentists' Office
Fire Stone (not the tire company) Legacy Grill - If you want to visit the website, here you go, but I went to teakwickerandmore.com, and found a price of $1,370.
Mediterranean Cruise - $10,216
Cadillac XLR - $79,175, and just in time, Rachel becomes the second model to reach the season total of $4,000,000!

Modeling Report Card for June 15, 2007

...and Shane Stirling's all-time record of $187,508 still stands after all, but there are still some more record modeling totals coming in, such as:

Rachel Reynolds (new record):
[color=006600]!!! $166,228 !!![/color]
That's the equivalent of 233 bars of gold!

Previous high:  $148,669 (September 18, 2006)

Gabrielle Tuite (new record):
[color=006600]!!! $148,329 !!![/color]
Previous high:  $144,849 (September 18, 2006)

At the end of the week
Highest score - Yeah, Rachel's
Lowest score - $41,074 (Lanisha Cole, Thursday)
Ashleys - 1 (64 total)
Broyhills - 3 (116 total, Broyhill wins!)

Rachel Reynolds - $483,920 (45 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite - $422,409 (41 prizes)
Lanisha Cole - $214,517 (45 prizes)

At the end of June, not including reruns
Rachel Reynolds - $733,110 (89 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite - $623,415 (92 prizes)
Lanisha Cole - $317,710 (71 prizes)
Brandi Sherwood - $127,507 (22 prizes)
Phire Dawson - $70,159 (14 prizes)

In recent shows, there were about three or four GPs/day, but today, there was only one, along with 24 prizes, and they all total $357,847.

And now, the Season 35 Final Modeling Report
The ten highest modeling totals
1. $166,228 (Rachel Reynolds, June 15)
2. $148,669 (Rachel Reynolds, September 18)
3. $148,329 (Gabrielle Tuite, June 15)
4. $144,849 (Gabrielle Tuite, September 18)
5. $135,553 (Shane Stirling, February 20)
6. $127,516 (Rachel Reynolds, June 11)
7. $125,859 (Lanisha Cole, December 22)
8. $121,999 (Gabrielle Tuite, November 22)
9. $114,175 (Shane Stirling, September 28)
10. $110,317 (Brandi Sherwood, February 1)

The ten lowest modeling totals
1. $3,876 (Lanisha Cole, January 12)
2. $6,813 (Phire Dawson, March 23)
3. $8,208 (Shane Stirling, March 8)
4. $8,458 (Gabrielle Tuite, October 23)
5. $8,918 (Gabrielle Tuite, January 2)
6. $9,021 (Phire Dawson, January 5)
7. $9,157 (Shane Stirling, October 13)
8. $10,995 (Gwennie Osborne, October 10)
9. $11,061 (Lanisha Cole, June 6)
10. $11,232 (Gwennie Osborne, March 30)

Here are your charts:

Final Modeling Totals (by show)

Final Modeling Totals (by model)

Final Prize Counts

The charts were made with Microsoft Excel 2007 (Home & Student suite) running on Windows Vista Home Premium.

If you can't read the charts:
11.  Kristy Longa (revised) - 74 prizes, $340,734
10.  Mercedes (revised) - 72 prizes, $360,088
9.  Special Report (prizes preempted on the west on November 8 don't count) - 152 prizes, $741,660
8.  KYTX's Lauren Jones (revised) - 191 prizes, $1,052,621
7.  Lanisha Cole - 432 prizes, $2,312,044
6.  Phire Dawson - 460 prizes, $2,481,612
5.  Gwennie Osborne - 513 prizes, $2,614,923
4.  Brandi Sherwood - 612 priZes, $3,186,853

In third place, with 716 prizes that total $3,851,791:  Shane Stirling!

In second place, she has modeled 730 prizes worth $4,015,481:  Rachel Reynolds!

And now, the ultimate Barker's Beauty in season 35, with...get this, she has modeled 834 prizes that have a total retail value of...

[color=FF00FF]$4,602,824[/color][/size]

Season 35's ultimate Barker's beauty is...

[color=FF00FF]GABRIELLE TUITE!!![/color][/size]

Congratulations, Gabrielle!  You are now the ultimate Barker's beauty, and everyone else, thanks for modeling!  And thanks for the memories, Bob!

Offline woohookitty

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 07:33:33 PM »
I almost thought that we'd have perfect symmetry. First 3 games were Any Number, Bonus Game and Double Prices. Looked like they were going to end in reverse order. Guessing that the long time it takes to play BG bogarted that idea. Oh well. Still neat. Great final show. Just as I'd hoped. No clips. Just a generally normal show

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
No, it was the fact that people love Plinko that 'bogarted' Bonus Game.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy