Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2007 (Barker's Final Bow)  (Read 71649 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2007 (Barker's Final Bow)
« on: June 15, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
Once again, thanks to all of you for letting me do this. We'll pick up in the fall.

But, from this point forward, IT'S ALL ABOUT BOB.

(BTW: This one's getting five dots no matter what.)

Production #4045K - Taped June 6, 2007

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: mixed - Philip just had to bid last (You'd think we'd get this right on the final day!)  

Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Scala

1   (Mitsubishi) 52" DLP HDTV (G&L)

1-FRANCISCO 1730
2-KRISTEN 2800
4-DENISE *2250
3-PHILIP 2801
($2799)

Denise plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Chevy Corvette (Std.)(R)

Picks:4 6 3 6
Price:   $4 5 6 7 5
Bucks:7 6 6 2 1WIN!

2   Dragonfly Princess Pearl/Topaz Necklace (G-in the Row)

+Francisco 1170
+Kristen *1201
KATRINA 900
+Philip 1650
($1499)

Kristen, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! FINALE!!!

Free Chip(5)500R
Spring Float Pool Lounge8/00$20*(5)0R
Chocolate Mill6/5535*(4)500L
MP3 Kitty7/8828*(3)0LTotal
Countertop Dispenser7/3333*(5)500R$1500LOSS

3   Bodyguard Quantum 5 Stepper (L)

+Francisco *1301
SHAYLA 1150
Katrina 1250
+Philip 1300
($2699)

Francisco from Playa Del Rey, CA plays RANGE GAME for a Reinell Beachcraft 185 18' Ski Boat (G&R)

Scale:$19,400-$20,000
Range:$19,650-$19,800
Price:$19,670   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$3,115Kristen45 + 40.85.40
22,369Francisco20 + 60.80
48,474Denise85 stay.851.00*$1000*   Bonus 95   Through to Showcase Round

4   Crosley CD Jukebox (R)

DEAN *1750
Shayla 1425
Katrina 2500
+Philip 2501
($2495)

Dean from Campbell River, BC plays DOUBLE PRICES for a Chrysler 300 (Std., Stereo, BlkHtr, Prot)(G&L)

$29,560PICK
($29,560)WIN!
$24,041

5   Honda CRF150 Offroad Motorcycle/Frontine for Dogs (G)

MELVA *3000
Shayla 2600
Katrina 4000
+Philip 1
($3149)

Melva plays GROCERY GAME for a Chalet Alpine Folding Camping Trailer (R)($11,880)

(1) SnoreStop Fast Tabs (60)1 x 12.99$12.99
(5) Dial White Tea Body Wash2 x   5.99$11.9824.97LOSS

(2) Zout Stain Remover
(3) NasoClear Nasal Spray
(4) Spft Scrub with Bleach

Poor Philip. After spending five days waiting outside Television City he's been snakebit three times today in the One-Bids. This is the last one for quite some time, and the last thing he wants is to be the last person banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Can he arise to the occaison? Will the wait be worth it?

6   carolinachair.com English Sofa (R)
ELIJAH 1950
Shayla 2100
Katrina 1500
+Philip *1501
($1545)

Philip escapes! He plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 7 6 1 5 2 0 3
Ford Explorer XLT (Std., Stereo, Pedals)(G)$2 6,– 5 0($26,850)
24 Endless Games Board Games (L)$ – 2 –($429)
That Damned Piggy Bank$ 7.3 1LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,552Philip55 + 25.80Through to Showcase Round
3,189Melva50 + 20.70
32,045Dean20 + 40.60

SHOWCASE ROUND

Denise has the honor.

SC1-Philip

SAINTS
Trip to St. Maarten (6n @ Divi)(L)
Dublin, IRE (Dooley Vacations; 6n)(R)
LINCOLN! Navigator (Std., Wheels)(G)
BID$61,000
PRICE68,677
DIFF–7,677

SC2-Denise

WAITING AT THE DENTIST'S OFFICE
Firestone Legacy Electric Grill (L)
7d Monarch Greek Isles/Turkey Cruise (via Athens)(G)
Cadillac XLR Conv. (Std.)(R)
(2nd Highest Daytime Winner Ever)
BID$84,823
PRICE90,761
DIFF–5,938
TOTAL$140,235

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $202,505

FOR THE SEASON:

Pricing Games: 500 of 1050 (47.62% - level with last season)

Total Winnings: $11,438,571 (New Record by over $300,000)

and then, Barker took his final bow...or did he?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/15/2007 (Barker's Final Bow)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »
Lucky Seven was fairly easy... an early sign that Roger's going to be extremely nice today, as he should be.

Even though it was at Kristen's expense, it was great to see the dollar hit on Bob's finale. It just had to happen.

Something that really disappointed me was how Denise didn't pay any attention to Bob after she won. I had been hoping this wouldn't happen. I wanted to see the winning contestant forget about the prizes they won for a moment, and acknowledge the retirement of a legend. I'm sure Philip would have done that, but unfortunately, he didn't win.

HOTTIES: #317, Kristen; #318, Katrina :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: The contestants were great today, but there's only one person who deserves this award, even though he's not a contestant... BOB!
SHOW GRADE: 4

Offline baymonster

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »
Lucky Seven: fairly easy and a lucky win!

PLINKO!: could've been better.

Range Game!: Yay!

Double Prices: for a Chrysler 300!?  I would've picked the top one too and won.

Grocery Game: Again this wasn't easy.  Wrong product to take two of!

Any Number: How fitting, and Philip deserved better today.

SC's: expectedly loaded, and an awesome day for Denise!  I thought is was noble of her to pass the first showcase, yet she would up one of the winningest players ever!

This was a good show to send BOB off with.  Here's to another fine year (if any) next season. Goodbye everybody!

Offline Brent

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
Lucky Seven was setup for an easy win... all 5's would have had a few dollars leftover. Beautiful Corvette.

Plinko-Tough luck.

Range Game-Exciting win... and we got to hear the 37 hours comment one last time from Bob.

Double Prices-Easy win and once again exciting.

Grocery Game-Too bad

Any Number-Tough luck.

Showcases-WOW! Broke the bank on both, though I wasn't totally surprised. Congrats to Denise and everyone else who was on the final show.

We'll miss you Bob, thanks for decades of great fun.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 03:02:08 PM »
Philip was the best contestant of the day.  He somehow managed to have fatigued/stunned/thrilled look all wrapped up into one.  I was hoping for a bed in your showcase, b/c it looked like you needed one *lol*  You must've slept like a rock after that show.  How much/little sleep did you get?

I was also disappointed that the woman at the end ran straight for her prizes.  For all we know, though, she could've said something to Bob after taping stopped.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »
What a show!  

The thing that surprised me the most about today's show was the Showcase bidding.  I really expected one or both of the contestants to garf badly.  Given the prizes and prices, both contestants bid VERY WELL, and I was glad to see that!  

I really liked Denise's attitude!  "I already have a car, so I'm going to pass."  How many of you just KNEW that there was another car in the second showcase??  I don't think anyone should have been surprised by that.  Personally, I was expecting a Viper, but the Cadillac was nice, too!

I was a little disappointed to see Plinko, however.  You could tell that Roger was exceptionally generous with the prizes and game setups throughout the entire show.  Even with Plinko, the SP's were no-brainers.  The problem is, Plinko is so unpredictable, as Kristen learned.  It's tough to force a win in Plinko.  I will admit, if Kristen has actually WON MORE MONEY, my attitude would very likely be different.  I just wanted to see everybody win, today.

Overall, an excellent show.  I'm going to miss Bob...

Well, at least we can enjoy Bob's presence through the summer reruns!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIRFan1986

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
Au revoir, Bob! Thanks for 35 years of TPiR.

Lucky: What a great way to start off a season finale.

Plinko: :rollold: Uhhh, I expected the daytime and nighttime score beaten here. But $1,500 isn't bad, now is it?

Range: A :frbs: as a prize? And won?? Am I dreaming? In normal CSS, :frbs: s are what cause me to slip up and sometimes go OVER.

DP: One of my favorite cars, a Chrysler 300--won on Bob's last day. I truly believe people who win these cars should be able to get into the Showcase.

Grocery Game: OWWW!...that MRRRRP buzzer told the whole story today. I honestly don't think that 2 soap bars will get you to the total if it's set up like that.

Any Number: Double OW... I honestly thought Dob was up to his tricks again.

Showcases: Although I couldn't participate in chat around the 2nd SCSD (my chances to score a :dsw: in CSS were used up anyway), let me just say that the last of the Bob-hosted Showcases were HUGE! We also almost had a repeat of the season opener, but Denise didn't DSW, which isn't bad. Not bad at all. But at least there were no overbids. Enjoy your new cars, Denise! :D

Sidenotes: Prior to the show starting, my prediction of a hottie (sorry, heels) winning on Bob's last show were proven wrong, though I had a confession of wanting Kristen to win the showcase. Oh, well...

Also: If Denise scored a :dsw: , she would have been CBS' BIGGEST winner of all time with [color=009900]$208,312[/color][/b] in cash and prizes.

(Note to self: Now that Season 35 is over, I gotta brush up on my CSS skills to aim for that QSW, and what would be a better way to do it than watch old reruns next week!)

See you in September for Season 36...and a new host (or will it?)! :P

Best contestant: Denise
2nd best: Philip
3rd best: Kristen

My score: 100 (A++) (I gave it an A++ because I thought that this was the best PiR that Bob did...EVER!)
Season 41...
TPIRFan1986's Season 41 DSW Counter: 2
TPIRFan1986's Double Overbid Counter: 5

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
Lucky Seven:  Close win....but glad she won that thing!

Plinko:  Ouch....such a small amount for the last one under Barker's tenure.

Double Prices:  A cakewalk for anyone who knew their 300s.

Grocery Game:  Was it me.....or did these products seem tough today?

Any Number:  Owwww....

Showcases:  Great showcases for Barker's final show.

Overall:  A good way to send off the legendary Bob Barker.  Absolutely awesome. :-)

Offline Roland

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
I figured they'd save Plinko for today of all days.  Also, I think coordinating Any Number as the last game was very appropriate.  It was Barker's first game, and now it was his last game (if he doesn't come back next season as a temporary host of course).  And Denise's $140,000+ win was a wonderful way to go out.  A double showcase win would've been great today, but at least it wasn't a double overbid.  Best wishes to you, Barker from a 32-year old West Virginia fan.  As Maeve Ryan closed out the last episode of Ryan's Hope, "Have a good life!"

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26:21 PM »
This was a perfect way for Bob to go out. Roger put together a great lineup of games, then made most of them as easy as possible (although Grocery Game is almost always hard). I also figured the showcases would be extremely expensive, so there would be little chance of a double overbid.

My sister and I were cheering for Philip to make it on stage, after that long wait. It's a shame he was unable to win Any Number.

This show was excellent; it had a little bit of everything, from one contestant falling down after being called to come on down, and another one falling down at the Big Wheel. It had the perfect balance of celebrating Bob and staying with its normal format.

What I thought was great was that Bob didn't call extra attention to himself; he was his normal self. While everyone knew the significance of the show, he performed at his best, and simply thanked viewers at the end. What a class act; I'll truly miss him.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
Well, this is it. We all know this is the last show of the season and probably Bob Barker's last episode. So... decked out in my attire from my appearance, here I go.

Well, the DVD copy started at the start of the first contestant. My VHS copy has it all. For a moment there, I thought I was flying over the audience, but then I realized they're using the tilting camera like they do on the nightime specials.

Lucky $even: During play, I wondered if using the all 5 tatic would work. At the end, I figured that would work perfectly. I probably would have ended up with a couple of dollars if I used the numbers I would have used (I forgot; it was all about Denise and her trying to win).

Plinko: Getting the Plinko chips were easy. If only those chips went inside the bracketed areas (like 1000 or 10000). Oh, well.

Range Game: For a brief moment, I was about to say "FRBPG!" when I saw that boat. This time, I wanted to see and hear the Peanut Gallery's responses of when to stop. When they got loud, I wanted Francisco to press the button immediately. Ooh, just made it!

Showcase Showdown 1: From this point, there was never a doubt in my mind that Denise is a total LFaT.

Double Prices: "Where's the game? Don't tell me we're playing Double Prices for a car like that!"
And this was before I made the wrong choice, thinking they won't offer cars close to $30K outside of the Showcase. They can and did.

Grocery Game: I predicted Melba would buy the SnoreStop and would have a difficult time after that. I thought buying two of the Doves was a good choice, but for $5.99?! Oh, cue the buzzer. This ain't going to be good.

Any Number: Philip did good until the end. When he picked 1, I lowered my eyes to the dammed Piggy Bank and there it was. Then for the last--

HOLD IT!!! Aren't the last few games the first ones played on the first episode (or at least the premiere week)??? At least I knew the first game Bob played is now the last game he officaly plays.

... number, I wanted him to pick 8. When he picked 3, I knew it would not be for the car; I acutally thought it would be for the board games, which is another prize I would like him to win. Oh, well.

Showcases: I also hoped either Showcase had some sort of recoginition of Mr. Barker, but they didn't. In my opinion or imagination, both had some sort of messages directed toward him:
Saints: Bob Barker is the Saint of The Price is Right, right?
The way the Beauties leave from the dentist's office kinda compares to Bob's leaving the show in retirement form.
Once again, that's how my brain works.
Hey, who is that giving help to Philip?  ;-)
I had a strong feeling Denise was going to win this huge Showcase. I actually wanted her to win over Philip, even though both were very great contestants.
What a nice way to end the season. I became quiet in the end, thinking this is how Bob wanted to finish it all: just like another show.

The lump in the throat and the crying is coming back. I know it's all worth it. The last shot of the WGMC was one I probably would never forget.

Of course, we now know this may not be his last show. But I say let's just get a little experience of what it would be like when it's offical that it's all over and Mr. Barker can enjoy his well-deserved retirement.
I wish him the very best.  :pint:
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline djryan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »
Joe Capitano wrote:
First Four lineup: mixed - Philip just had to bid last (You'd think we'd get this right on the final day!)

Are you saying that Philip HAD to go to position #3 to make it "right"...If I was in his shoes, I would've done the same thing.  Why not be the last bidder for the 1st round...
COME ON DOWN!

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 04:17:26 PM »
Let's put it this way. If I were the last person called of the "First Four", and the lineup was going left to right as it was today, I'd expect that spot nearest Barker. Conversely, if I were the first called, I'd be grabbing that same spot, and it would take brute force move me from it.

But, back to the business at hand.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
We all knew this day was coming since Halloween, but it's still hard to believe that today is Bob's last show, or as Joe said...is it?

I'm also glad that I never watched any of the newscasts or checked any spoilers online that had anything to do with today. I could tell Lucky $even would be played because of the commercials over the past week, and I pretty much guessed about the rest. It made today's show a little more exciting to me not to know about anything until I watched it. :-)

Roger completely, without question, wanted Lucky $even won. It was ridiculously easy. Denise was a lot of fun. It's cool how she mentioned to Bob that she was born only a few days after the start of TPiR. Great contestant, awesome playing!

Double Prices was also a gimme. The 2 prices were completely opposite that the top one was screaming to be picked.

Until I saw Grocery Game, it never dawned on me that Bob would be playing his first 3 pricing games as the last 3. I had a feeling it might happen, but I guess I was just caught up in the moment of the final show that it slipped my mind!

Too bad Philip did not do better in Any Number. After waiting in line for 5 days, he deserved to get on stage and what not. And I agree....Philip had every right to choose where he stood in contestant's row. Hell, I would have too after waiting for outside in line for 120 hours!!!

The showcases were great. I wish at least one of them could have been some sort of tribute to Bob. I know Bob wanted no special treatment for his "last" show, but it would have been nice to see it. Balloons would not have hurt either.

I'm going to guarantee, and I think JacobWilkey will testify later, that Rachel had the highest modeling total today. No doubt about it! :-D

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »
Well, this was a fun show to send Bob out on, future events not withstanding.

I liked how they pulled back from the TPiR logo as the show started, I don't recall off hand ever seeing that before. Also I hoped they would have Any Number as the last game, although I got worried for a minute when Double Prices showed up for the Chrysler.

I got the feeling that Philip was destined to be the last contestant about halfway thru the show. It was also nice to see the homemade confetti throwing again. That was a nice touch back during the season premiere. And of course one more $1000 winner on the Big Wheel.

I was bidding $52K for Philip's showcase, and $68K for Denise's.

It was a great show. I've got full confidence that TPiR will be back for a 36th Season, either with Some New Guy hosting, or Bob filling in. Enjoy your retirement, Bob, and thanks again for the memories!