Author Topic: Jackpot January Question  (Read 827 times)

Offline TPIRFan1995

• In the Audience
Jackpot January Question
« on: January 11, 2024, 07:28:00 PM »
Due to the fact that these Jackpot January shows are a combination of the shows' Dream Car Week and Big Money Week, is there a chance that the show would possibly fizzle out these 2 weeks in daytime? I'm looking forward to the Jackpot January shows that will more than likely be around for years to come along with the Christmas and Valentine's Day shows of the future!

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Jackpot January Question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 07:34:15 PM »
if i remember right, they didn't do a Big Money Week at all in season 51 (and season 50's premiere week was BMW in all but naming)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 07:48:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Jackpot January shows that will more than likely be around for years to come

I don’t expect this.

The reason we’re getting so many TPIR at Night episodes is because of the writers and actors strikes blew holes in CBS schedule that couldn’t be filled by scripted shows. No strikes = no Price is Right at Night = no need to come up with a bunch of primetime gimmicks.

I’ll enjoy them while they last.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 04:53:25 PM »
Absolutely a fluke with so many editions. It’s great CBS had the option, but for the most part, in a regular season, they only need some filler here and there, around the holiday period primarily. They’ll have the usual assortment of music and similar specials to draw on, and may add a Price episode here or there, but not remotely like this season.