Author Topic: Price is right halloween 2024 idea  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Joecad

• Outside in Line
Price is right halloween 2024 idea
« on: February 10, 2024, 12:13:27 PM »
Im thinking price is right should bring back 6 of the games previously retired like super saver, super ball, and professor price and then poll the audience to see which game should permanently come back. I know production staff frequent here and im hoping they csn take this idea and run with it

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: Price is right halloween 2024 idea
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 03:25:33 PM »
Actually this idea, while not totally feasible probably, sounds good. I picture some theme like “spirits of Price past.” I guess that’s more like A Christmas Carol I’m thinking of, but having games that are long gone resurface from the Price graveyard.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 04:05:43 PM »
Given the space crunch they have, I highly doubt they have room to create and store 6 more games. Also, while the idea isn't a bad one, I don't see how it fits in with Halloween.

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 05:04:54 PM »
2 words: Zombie games

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 05:55:35 PM »
I could possibly see them playing any retired games that could be recreated and played on a monitor rather than having to recreate a set. That would exclude physical games like Superball, but any they could recreate with the turntable monitors or screens could be done if they did ever do a retired games theme for Halloween.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 01:35:36 AM »
2 words: Zombie games

I now have this image in my head of the game being remade, but with faded colors, "exposed electronics," and lots of cobwebs.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 02:22:20 PM »
Just…no.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 05:52:36 PM »
This idea is kind of in a gray area.

I like the idea of resurrecting "zombie games" for Halloween, but it has to be games that are not too difficult to win and not unfair. I could see the Phone Home Game, Credit Card and Magic # (for example) being in that lineup, but if it involves On The Spot, Bullseye I or any other complicated game, that might just be where the line is drawn.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2024, 07:25:30 AM »
The idea of hard games resurrected WOULD tie in with Halloween...as we would all be scared being stuck having to play them.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2024, 12:50:21 PM »
It's beyond niche, it makes zero sense to do for the show. There are many, many other ways to play Halloween, as the show has demonstrated. This "resurrected retired games" thing as a one-off theme isn't happening. Not on a screen, not with one-time props, not with anything.