Author Topic: Peter Marshall 98th Birthday "Squares" Celebration  (Read 721 times)

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Peter Marshall 98th Birthday "Squares" Celebration
« on: March 29, 2024, 09:32:57 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=860237232783748&set=a.486885226785619  tomorrow (March 30th), Peter Marshall's Youtube account will do another birthday celebration stream like what happened last year.

This time, though, it seems it will be centered on the Hollywood Squares (with the possibility of rare/not-seen-since-first-aired footage showing up)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: Peter Marshall 98th Birthday "Squares" Celebration
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 07:23:50 AM »
Not surprised on the Squares focus as the only other shows he did--Fantasy and All-Star Blitz--are pretty much obscurities.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 11:57:11 AM »
Not surprised on the Squares focus as the only other shows he did--Fantasy and All-Star Blitz--are pretty much obscurities.

He also did Yahtzee and The Reel to Reel Picture Show. You must have never seen those shows. I wish I hadn't.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline supersaver87

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 01:32:08 PM »
He also did Yahtzee and The Reel to Reel Picture Show. You must have never seen those shows. I wish I hadn't.

Seeing as how Peter never got paid for hosting either one of them, he'd probably be happy to hear he's never seen them!

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 01:57:44 PM »
another thing: he's done plenty of shows that has nothing to do with the game show genre (as seen in past birthday events)

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 04:14:00 PM »
Yahtzee never cleared our market (Atlanta). I guess I'm lucky to have been ignorant about it. Reel to Reel was on Pax (Ion) but who actually watched Pax back then?
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 04:34:48 PM »
i did, at least when it came to the 2000s runs of Shop til you Drop & Supermarket Sweep (yes, including "Costco" SYTD) as well as reruns of Saget AFV

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 06:00:01 PM »
I'm a past viewer of PAX as well.  Anytime I can get a decent sample of Saget AFV is a great time.  Plus, the other content as mentioned was just OK
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 08:16:11 PM »
kinda wish ABC would let people air that era again (that "AFV Classics" channel on Youtube that had most of his run up to near the start of season 7 had to stop and remove them due to the network, despite having the OK to do so from Vin Di Bona and his production company...though America's Funniest People's first 2 seasons are still there)