Author Topic: Taping times  (Read 955 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Taping times
« on: April 08, 2024, 11:14:11 AM »
I'm getting ready to go to the show again after a ten year hiatus! I can't seem to find the answer with a search, but how long are the tapings running these days? When do the 8am, 11:45, and 2pm tapings (typically) get out?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: Taping times
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 05:32:07 PM »
The timestamps of my 2:30 call time have me entering the studio lot at 4:45 (where I surrendered my phone) and leaving the studio at 7:00. (We arrived at 1:30 with line vouchers and got numbers 102 and 103)

The next day I went to the 11:30 call time (showed up at 10:00 with Line Vouchers, got number 026), powered my phone off at 2:45 to enter the studio lot, and got out and ordered an Uber at 4:51.

You’ll spend about two hours on the studio lot. About 30 minutes of that is in line and waiting for everybody to get loaded into the studio.

The last two tapings aim to begin taping at 3:00, 5:00. I would guess the first taping begins at around noonish. Expect at least 90-100 minutes from “Here it Comes” to the final door prize.

The first show tapings aim to start at 11:50. You should get out around 1:15-ish.

The studio crew takes an hour break for lunch immediately after the first taping.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 05:32:40 PM »
I was at an 8a taping last week of March. We were out by 1p. The taping itself took a little over an hour. The rest of the time was audience processing and holding before going to the studio. I never went to a taping at TVC but people around me who had said the new process was night and day improvement (I thought it was amazing!). You will have access to snacks, water, and restrooms up until the time you go to the studio (about 45 minutes before George starts telling people to come on down) and there’s a portable restroom outside the studio for people to use while waiting for the phone check.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 07:12:51 PM by C8 »

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 03:47:10 PM »
Thank you both so much. Sounds like I shouldn't have a problem making a 3 o'clock appointment after an 8am report time. Perfect!
I'm a gif.

Offline C8

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 01:06:31 PM »
Thank you both so much. Sounds like I shouldn't have a problem making a 3 o'clock appointment after an 8am report time. Perfect!

Totally, as long as transit time from Glendale to your appointment isn’t an issue. Haven was super easy to find and the parking situation is A+. Very easy to get in and out of. OCA will send you visual and foolproof directions right before the taping date.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 04:59:06 PM »
I went to the 8am taping this morning and it got done at 12:25. However, they did remark they were running 15 minutes early.
I'm a gif.

Online Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 05:30:35 PM »
Sounds like the new crew has been getting better at taping shows closer to time. That's good to hear.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline C8

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 06:45:36 PM »
Sounds like the new crew has been getting better at taping shows closer to time. That's good to hear.

I'll have a full taping report when the show I attended airs but I was shocked at how "live to tape" the show felt. The only unusual stopdowns we had were a technical glitch at the top causing George to have to start over at the top and Drew having to redo his entrance. George also had to do one pickup for a game that was played but did it during the "commercial break" stopdown. Everything else was straight through. I commented in the notes I've already written it was about one of the smoothest, well oiled machines I've ever witnessed.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 09:43:18 PM »
Yeah, mine was surprisingly live to tape. I’ll definitely have more to write when it airs - I have some grievances to air, and I’m going back for tomorrow’s July 4th special.

But we got seated by 10:35 and we were completely out of the studio by 12:25. It is a very well oiled machine and they do a fantastic job at the new studio.

There was no availability for show 2, either.
I'm a gif.