Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/12/2024  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 4/12/2024
« on: April 12, 2024, 02:10:40 PM »
Episode #0575L
Aired – 4/12/2024; Taped – 2/XX/2024
Models: Devin Goda, Amber Lancaster
Microphone Handoff: Amber
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Treadmill (NordicTrack: Treadmill with wifi connectivity, 14in display); ARP: $2,499 (Devin)

AJ MARGARITA ANNABEL ABRAHAM
1800 1200 1900 1300

The winner is...
ANNABEL

Annabel, from Virginia via Los Angeles, California, is playing Temptation for a 2024 Kia K-5 GT-Line (1.6L engine, 8-speed AT, FWD, premium package, carpeted floor mats, cargo net) (Amber).

Prize Power Tool Package (Makita: 4 tools, flashlight, 2 batteries, 2 chargers, tool bag, pouch and drill holster) (Devin) Kitchen Appliances (Anova: oven, sous vide cooker, vacuum sealer; kitchen island, 2 stools) (Amber) Cash Aquarium (Devin) Pair of Drones (Exo Drones: pair of 4K drones with 2 controller, carrying cases, 6 batteries, 16 propellers, 64GB memory card) (Amber)
$799
$2002
$884
$1511
Car Guess
$
$
$
$
$
$
Final guess:  

Car or $5,196 in prizes? CAR

Car ARP:  
LOSS

Second IUFB: Robot Vacuum (iRobot: vacuum and mop robot); ARP: $1,400 (Amber)

AJ MARGARITA KEVIN ABRAHAM
1100 1101 795 850

The winner is...
MARGARITA

Margarita, from Temecula, California, is playing Flip Flop for a new motorcycle (CF Moto: 700 CLX with 693cc engine, 6-speed transmision, helmet) (Devin)

96 48

Margarita FLOPS to

96 84

ARP be...

69 48

Third IUFB: Language Translators (2 handheld translator devices; 2 translator earbuds); ARP: $1,200 (Overhead)

AJ ANDREYA KEVIN ABRAHAM
1 2500 2200 2300

The winner is...
AJ

AJ, from Anaheim, California, is playing Bonus Game for a trip to Costa Rica (RT Coach to San Jose, CR then to Montezuma for a 6n stay in a bungalow at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort + daily breakfast and dinner; ARP: $10,802).

First prize: Solostove Smokeless Tabletop Firepit
Price: $130
Guess: Lower
ARP: $90 (Correct)

Second prize: Marble and Olivewood Mortar & Pestle
Price: $75
Guess: Higher
ARP: $120 (Correct)

Third prize: Heavy Duty Garden Tool Set
Price: $40
ARP: $55 (Correct)

Fourth prize: Braun Waterproof Trimmer
Price: $59
ARP: $100 (Correct)

$90
LOWER

$120
HIGHER

$55
HIGHER

$100
HIGHER
BONUS!

WIN (Total Winnings: $11,167)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Margarita $1,400 15 100 1.15
OVER
Annabel $2,499 20 95 1.15
OVER
AJ $12,367 5 .05 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Jukebox (Arkrocket: Jukebox with LED lighting, CD player); ARP: $1,049 (Devin)

SANTA ANDREYA KEVIN ABRAHAM
825 1250 1251 1300

The winner is...
SANTA

Santa is playing One Right Price for:

1. Television (75in 4K QLED smart television; KLH: wood veneer english speakers) (Devin)
  2. Pool Table (Golden West Billiards: Western maple pool table + deluxe accessory package) (Amber)

The right price is $4,699. She picks the pool table...

TELEVISION   POOL TABLE
    $4699
$4699   $5895
    LOSS

Fifth IUFB: Telescope (Celestron: StarSense Explorer DCB telescope); ARP: $560 (Amber)

SHERRY ANDREYA KEVIN ABRAHAM
600 325 425 500

The winner is...
ABRAHAM

Abraham, the last of the First Four and who has visited the show at 75, 78 and 81, is playing LUCKY $EVEN for a 2024 Volkswagen Jetta Sport (1.5L engine, 8-speed AT, FWD, media cable) (Devin).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 4

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 7

$

Remaining: $5

Guess: 6

$

Remaining: $2

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $0. LOSS

Sixth IUFB: Ladies Designer Shoes (Ralph Lauren: calfskin pumps, velvet pumps, velvet sandals, pointy-toe pumps); ARP: $1,895 (Devin)

SHERRY ANDREYA KEVIN RAKWON
1800 1700 1 2200

The winner is...
SHERRY

Sherry is playing Pick-A-Pair for a trip to Canada (Coach to Vancouver, BC for a 9d Canada by Rail tour courtesy of Railbookers + hotel accommodations, 2 meals, activities, tours, standard rail travel; Coach from Calgary, AB back to LA; ARP: $8,282) (Amber).

Today's grocery items are:

1. Blue Wildness Tasty Chicken Flavour Cat Treats (2oz)
  2. Kodiak Protein-Packed Power Waffles (8ct)
  3. Heinz HomeStyle Chicken Gravy (12oz)
  4. Gefen Roasted Organic Chesnuts (5.2oz)
  5. Boar's Head Canadian-Style Uncured Bacon (6oz)
  6. S.O.S. Steel Wool Cleaning Pads (10ct)

CAT TREATS WAFFLES GRAVY CHESTNUTS BACON CLEANING PADS

Sherry picks the waffles and the bacon.

WAFFLES     BACON  
CAT TREATS $6.49 GRAVY CHESTNUTS $6.49 CLEANING PADS

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Abraham $560 10 95 1.05
OVER
Santa $1,049 45 25 .70
Sherry $10,177 20 65 .85 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

AJ has the honors...

SC1 - Sherry

BRIGHT AND BREEZY
  • Trip to Puerto Rico (RT Coach to San Juan, PR for a 6n stay in a sanctuary queen room at Dreamers Welcome + surf lessons for 2) (Amber)
  • Washer and Dryer (Front-load washer and gas dryer) (Amber)
  • 2024 Bayliner Element M15 (50HP engine, MX package, trailer) (Devin)
Bid: $34,251

SC2 - AJ

BOSS
  • Suite of Electronics (Apple: 13in MacBook Air with M1 chip, 8GB memory, 256GB SSD; 10.9in iPad with 256GB storage; iPhone 15+ with 128GB storage, A16 bionic chip, 48MP camera) (Devin)
  • Trip to Florida (RT Coach to Daytona Beach, FL then to Palm Coast for a 5n stay in an ocean 3br condo at Hammock Beach Gold Resort and Spa) (Devin)
  • 2024 Toyota Corolla Cross XLE (2L engine, CVT, FWD, convenience package, DEG, RBP, all-weather floor liner package) (Amber)
Bid: $38,850
Sherry
$34,251
PUERTO RICO/BOAT
$34,811
$560
PUERTO RICO/BOAT
*WIN*
$44,988
AJ
$38,850
FLORIDA/SUV
$43,304
$4,454
FLORIDA/SUV

Results: 2 out of 6
Winnings: $62,863
Biggest Winner: Sherry

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 08:23:46 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Online C8

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/12/2024
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 03:02:17 PM »
Man there were some evil set-ups today showing that this was a true budget mode show.

The car price in Temptation was weird. I would have walked with the prizes expecting it to be weird but not that weird. I didn’t think she’d get bit with the second number just based on the set-up; I expected it to be a 9 and knew she’d lost picking 7. But I think the average contestant hasn’t quite caught up to how significantly car prices increased post pandemic. Most mid-sized cars are hugging $30k and most compact are hugging $25k. A bit of an aside but as far as I know the only car the show offers under $20k (and one of the few still priced around $20k) is the Mitsubishi Mirage (which we’ve been seeing a lot lately but not today).

One Right Price threw me off and I would have lost it. I didn’t expect the TV set-up to be $4k+.

Another evil car price in Lucky $even (though I guessed 3 as the last digit in the car; they try to get people with huge gaps between the numbers and that was no different today).

Thankfully Bonus and Pick-a-Pair were played wonderfully to save this show from the pits. And Sherri missed a DSW by -><- that much! Still quite the exciting reveal.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 06:14:44 PM »
Somebody's showcase bid ended in 251? I have a feeling that somebody "knows." If only the price had ended in 501...

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 08:23:54 PM »
Recap posted
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 10:20:52 PM »
Somebody's showcase bid ended in 251? I have a feeling that somebody "knows." If only the price had ended in 501...
https://www.reddit.com/r/ThePriceIsRight/comments/1c1ym6o/tomorrow_is_the_day/

Meanwhile.... chat is pointing out that Margarita's 2nd spin, at least how it was edited to us, did not go all the way around. I can't imagine they screwed up though, so must have edited out a puny spin prior.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 02:04:03 PM »
I love line ups that contain many of the earliest pricing games, like ones that debuted prior to season 4.

Seeing Temptation, Lucky Seven, Bonus Game and One Right Price all in the lineup was awesome to me today, the proverbial "classic classics" of the Pricing Game family.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 02:39:46 PM »
I still miss both the classic spinning turntable shot of Bonus Game and its incandescent display. Nevertheless, I did get excited after it was perfectly played. :-) Well done.

Offline penny_ante

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Old Penny board c 1982
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 03:38:32 PM »

Meanwhile.... chat is pointing out that Margarita's 2nd spin, at least how it was edited to us, did not go all the way around. I can't imagine they screwed up though, so must have edited out a puny spin prior.

I rewound three times to verify that her spin looked invalid. That they edited out puny spins explains it. I wonder why the wheel was so tight for that playing in the first place. Seems like they could have anticipated some trouble and loosened it a bit. . . .
Penny Ante
1979-2002
RIP, Old Friend

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 04:04:29 PM »
The unnatural cut to the audience while Margarita is (possibly) winding up; the fact that when they cut back, she's holding a handle that would have required one heck of a windup from the 15; and Drew's "There you go" all point toward an edited-out incomplete spin. But yeah, it isn't great that they implemented an edit that made it look like the rules were broken.

Nice to see a boat won by somebody who has use for a boat.

Sherry had order of arrival number 001, but she was seated in the middle of the second row. So I see they're still seating audience members according to criteria other than order of arrival. For those who have been to Haven: how out-of-order is the seating?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 04:08:22 PM »
^It's more that they place the 9 contestant parties and a couple alternates in designated hot spots, and they kind of let other audience members follow.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 06:08:42 PM »
Earlier this season, I was placed in the second row on the right side by George's podium. where Big Bob, the jib op, had left his camera in a position with his screen facing the audience. His camera inadvertently was giving our section a good view of his viewer and program monitor, as well as an iPad attached with this schematic:

So I saw in real time how the audience gets filled!

As the the rest of the audience filled in the studio, somebody dragged and dropped the other numbers to match their locations in the audience, until 1-9 had been placed. Once the bulk of the audience had been loaded (but before seat fillers were brought in) and dance music was playing, some iPad numbers were adjusted further after initial placement, and sure enough, as I looked around the studio I saw OCA members making a few seating adjustments to make sure contestants weren't too close too each other.

As each party in line walks into the studio, an OCA member asks how many in your party, and from there they direct you to one of three other OCA members in the aisle of each section who tells you where to sit.

The first OCA member has a sheet of paper they keep secret. What I assume happens is the OCA staff is given the nine OOA numbers of the nine contestants, which they either memorize or consult when parties aren't looking. If a party contains a prospective contestant's OOA number, they either send them to a specific section or note where they’ve been sent so the next contestants in line can be sent elsewhere. I think the intention is to try to have three contestants from each section of the audience.

Sherry had order of arrival number 001, but she was seated in the middle of the second row. So I see they're still seating audience members according to criteria other than order of arrival. For those who have been to Haven: how out-of-order is the seating?

They generally put the first audience members in the studio toward the front, but it isn't 1:1 with OOA numbers. They tend to scatter you from the people you've met in line, and they fill in all three sections going back--not just the center section first. They place larger groups towards the middle of the middle section, and smaller groups on the aisles, as this gives them more flexibility to move people around as the audience trickles in. I've noticed groups with matching T-Shirts often get placed in high visibility areas, though this doesn't seem to affect their likelihood of getting selected as a contestant.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 11:16:56 PM by gamesurf »
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2024, 06:32:44 PM »
I was going to chime in and describe this but gamesurf, as always, can better explain things better than I can. I do recall him briefly discussing this in the chat one time.

Another thing I notice is that Hannah/Hayley (whichever one of them is doing the contestant selection for a given taping) wheels her laptop cart out to downstage left and sets up shop for a while. They seem to double check prospective contestants' energy levels, and probably sanity check whether they have the locations right. So, if you ace the interview, but then get seated and try to nap, they are not going to call you. Sometimes I think they even point cameras towards the preferred call-down sections.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2024, 09:47:00 PM »
Sometimes I think they even point cameras towards the preferred call-down sections.
This is done during George's warmup. It's not that hard to notice once you know when and what they're doing.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2024, 03:06:28 PM »
Ugh Budget Mode!

Like death, taxes Taylor Swift network selfies during Kansas City Chiefs games, it is sadly apart of our world today.

Temptation:  NO ONE but a “higher power of a Kia dealership owner “ was going to win that car in Temptation today.

Flip Flip:  Too bad, not so sad….lol

Bonus Game:  AJ steal victory from the jaws of defeat.  That set up was meant to be lost today.

Showcase Showdown 1: Give me .005 AJ!! lol

One Right Price:  ORP was in a bad mood today…hahahahaha!

Lucky. 7:  I was really rooting for Grandpa Abraham!  Budget mode victim #3 today.

Pick A Pair:  Budget mode survivor!! Oh my bad wrong show….hahahaha!

Is it just me or what but has Pick A Pair been set up “much harder than usual this season “?

Showcase:  Sherry cleans up!

Love, Light and Life to y’all!

And PLEASE be extra careful with the weather warming up! Because I don’t want to lose any friends here!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2024, 11:36:42 AM »
I had the car price pegged at $29,245.   Oh the agony.   Didn’t expect the 0 to be the third number.   We’ve had the 0 show up in the third and 4th digits in cars in a handful of car games lately…