Author Topic: CBS to begin free streaming of TPIR  (Read 5001 times)

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Re: CBS to begin free streaming of TPIR
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 12:31:43 AM »
I too think this is an excellent idea. I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner though. Hopefully this might even mean that we can see the credits in full instead that darn split screen showing CBS advertisements. Plus I too think this will reach a whole nother crowd. So many people don't get to see "The Price is Right" or their favorite soaps due to jobs or school and now when they come home they will be able to enjoy these shows. And Hopefully this can also help the "family" image of The Price is Right. Meaning mom, dad, and the kids can all sit down in the evening and watch it together, kinda like Wheel of Fortune.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 01:52:15 AM »
As for reaching a crowd who doesn't get to see Price is Right during the day; that's what the DVR does... it can record programs for you and set them aside so you can watch them later.

but the innertube service is nice for when you're not at a tv!  What if you are stuck at work for some reason (like a snowstorm outside)?  Innertube to the rescue!  And for those of you who don't have the tv in the same room as the computer; you can watch price episodes while doing other things (like posting messages here on GR.net)

This is excellent news, and if they could iron out the particulars with classic TPIR its doable to post classics on there as well.  I remember AOL had some classic tv shows on their website or some variant website.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 09:55:15 AM »
As I understand it, the episodes won't appear until after 6pm on the day of air, so this isn't something you'll be watching at work unless you're want to watch earlier episodes from the week.

You probably also want to make sure that your boss is extremely understanding.  Just sayin'....
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 11:42:24 PM »
Nice idea Mile, but cold day in you know where....

It would be nice if they would do that on the network itself, don't think it'll happen

Back to TPIR online, I checked out a few mins. of Y/R(quality check, not a bit interested in the Newmans :D) and it seems Innertube is a heck of alot better than this time last year. I got to agree with Steve that when Rich did the "Moving the Big Wheel" clip for GSM, it absolutely was junk. Or to quote Barker "I know junk when I see junk...."

Anyhow, the sound seemed a little echoed in the first FEW SECONDS but the rest of the clip was Grade A+ quality. I think when they put TPIR online we will like it!

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
This is marvelous news! Now I don't have to rely on that old relic of a VCR anymore! Curse the days my tiredness caused me to neglect to set the machine! This idea should have been conceived of long ago.
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 12:43:36 AM »
dmartin wrote:

Back to TPIR online, I checked out a few mins. of Y/R(quality check, not a bit interested in the Newmans :D) and it seems Innertube is a heck of alot better than this time last year. I got to agree with Steve that when Rich did the "Moving the Big Wheel" clip for GSM, it absolutely was junk. Or to quote Barker "I know junk when I see junk...."

Anyhow, the sound seemed a little echoed in the first FEW SECONDS but the rest of the clip was Grade A+ quality.

Then either they've upgraded it within the last three days, or you experienced a fluke.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
You running Cable or DSL? If on dial up(not knocking it, but I know many here still are), that could be the issue. It seems all web sites are pretty much catoring to Cable/DSL users and the dial up people are gonna have to switch soon.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 08:16:39 PM »
I'm not on dialup.  InnerTube just sucks that badly.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 08:21:25 PM »
I watched some videos on InnerTube and the video quality is horrible.  I still prefer to use my DVR and make DVDs of episodes so I can watch them again in the future.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."