Author Topic: CBS to begin free streaming of TPIR  (Read 5000 times)

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row

• In Contestant's Row
Re: CBS to begin free streaming of TPIR
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
Nice that they are doing so, but only bad part is the fact it's repeat from here until they get the new host. At least it'll give the "My Tivo/VCR screwed up" guy a break for a change! :D

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:27 PM »
I wonder how the affiliates feel about being bypassed? Are they going to share in the Network's online ad revenues?

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
No kidding! But ABC started the whole "streaming" thing about this time last year, then NBC followed, now CBS. Does anybody know how NBC/ABC affiliates have been affected?

Given TPIR is a huge revenue generator, it is definitely an issue.

Offline KENYATTA

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »
hey does that mean that CBS Mobile will carry TPIR. I have the new Verizon V-Cast phone and they show all the CBS shows except TPIR!!

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »
Hey, not so fast Kenyatta, I'm trying to take in the idea of being able to watch TPIR on the regular internet :D

Didn't think 5 years ago it would ever happen, times are changing.

Offline roxburyguy2

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 04:52:54 PM »
Great to hear that they are doing this; this will allow a lot more people to get to watch the show now, and also let others experience our TPiR all over the world!

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Maybe CBS is trying to cut down on the "bootleg" clips on Youtube?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 05:44:18 PM »
Finally. This has been long overdue. It's a shame they did this after Bob retired, but either way, awesome news.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »
dmartin wrote:

Maybe CBS is trying to cut down on the "bootleg" clips on Youtube?

I doubt that, simply because YouTube and CBS are working together; therefore, I don't see many TPiR clips (especially my packages) being taken down in the future.  Of course, if YouTube or CBS wants me to remove my TPiR highlight packages, they can write to me about it, and I'll remove them.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:53:25 PM »
This looked really cool...until I saw that it's being done with InnerTube.

Unless there's a drastic upgrade performed on that software in the next several months, you guys can fully expect requests for West Coast feed uploads of pre-empted episodes to continue next season -- every time I use that thing, the video is so choppy that it's hardly even worth watching.  I'm not viewing my TPIR over that piece of junk if I don't have to.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »

SteveGavazzi wrote: ...Every time I use that thing, the video is so choppy that it's hardly even worth watching.

Indeed. Several video sites like InnerTube use poor technology for content delivery. The videos take a long time to load, then they stutter during playback. I tend to have trouble streaming anything done with Microsoft Windows Media or RealPlayer. QuickTime and Flash 8 streaming have worked well for me.

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 05:15:56 PM »
Awesome news. This will be perfect for me. I'm to cheap to get a DVR and to lazy to program the VCR. I only get to watch TPIR about once a week due to my work schedule, so now I can watch in the evenings.

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 06:15:54 PM »

roxburyguy2 wrote:
Great to hear that they are doing this; this will allow a lot more people to get to watch the show now, and also let others experience our TPiR all over the world!

That might not happen - a lot of InnerTube content is blocked outside the States. At the very least, I know that the online content associated with Jericho wasn't available in Canada because of some union thing.

Offline milepost72

• Outside in Line
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 10:52:28 PM »
If CBS wants to do something really interesting, allow internet users access to a limited select classic TPIR reruns and rotate them out every few weeks with another set.