Author Topic: Another HISTORIC TPIR moment!  (Read 1797 times)

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Another HISTORIC TPIR moment!
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »
On today's PIR rerun, the contestant, Timothy, got so excited that he started jumping all around the stage.  At the same time, we got to see the stagehands both bring out and hook up Temptation.  Is this the first time this has happened, or is it really NOT another historic moment in PIR history?

(If memory serves correctly, this hasn't happened before.)

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
Re: Another HISTORIC TPIR moment!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »
I don't know about Temptation specifically, but stagehands have definitely brought out games on camera before.  Card Game and Race Game immediatly come to mind, as I've seen stagehands push them out.  What stands out most to me is once in the early days, Bob and the contestant walked back toward the big doors and stopped, and Bob said, "Guys, bring out the Range Game..." and here come two stagehands pushing it out from the gap between the doors and the turntable.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 05:03:08 PM »
I would have liked to have seen this... can anyone upload the video to youtube?  

I, too, remember seeing Card Game being brought out by stagehands I believe early-mid 34.

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 05:34:31 PM »
Today's show was just really exciting.  I dunno, but there was just something about it that made it really stand out.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »

compdude512 wrote:
Is this the first time this has happened, or is it really NOT another historic moment in PIR history?

Whether it has happened or not, it strikes me as a stretch to call something like that a "historic moment."  Everything isn't historic.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 07:34:59 PM »
compdude512 wrote:
(If memory serves correctly, this hasn't happened before.)

In 35 years, it's bound to have happened before, and it's no big shakes. Now, we backtrack...

...is it really NOT another historic moment in PIR history?

Yes, it is really NOT. Someone winning over $150K on the daytime show, thus setting a record - that's historic.

Some anonymous stagehand(s) getting some unintended camera time whilst going about their business - that's just pure happenstance. Nothing more.

Offline CBach88

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:17:48 PM »
I thought that was funny because at the same time, the stagehand were probably thinking "Get that thing out of the shot". I noticed they were trying to pull it out of the shot at the same time.

I also believe the fact that some has their middle name LEGALLY changed to "PLINKO!" is a historic moment indeed.