Author Topic: Alex's Price is Right- Episode 1 (Gotta start somewhere! ^_^) *SIGN-UPS*  (Read 7345 times)

• Outside in Line
Although I'm still a relatively new Golden Road.net forums user, I've been lurking around in these forums for a year, and this "Host Your Own" business piqued my interest somewhat.

Even though the rules for qualifying for a "Host Your Own" contest are rather cryptic IMO, I think that after making five posts in other parts of these forums, I now qualify to host my own mock TPIR episode.

So I'm going to host one. Right now. I need at least 15 people to sign up within the next 48 hours (hopefully, that's a reasonable time limit). Why 15? You'll find out later...

You'll have 24 hours to respond to whatever it is I'd need a response from. If you fail to give an answer within 24 hours, you'll be eliminated (and, in the event of a pricing game, replaced by someone else). If, for some reason, you can't be here when it's your turn to bid or play or spin or whatever, you should let me know and I'll decide for myself what will happen.

And I apologize in advance if any part of this TPIR episode sucks or isn't as good as it could be. This IS my first episode! Remember, you were all newbies to this at one point!

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Something tells me there's another two-hour special up here!  I'll take #1 and wait in line.

Offline CBach88

• Walking the Golden Road
sign me up. this should be fun!

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm in, but I'm curious to know why your signature has Pathfinder listed as one of your least favorite games.  Enlighten me!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
*puts a light bulb on JHC's head*

Anyway, I'm not in. I'm going on vacation soon, and I don't want to be caught up in the middle of a show. However, when I get back (July 10), I'd be glad to play if you need a substitute.

• Outside in Line
jhc2010 posted:

I'm in, but I'm curious to know why your signature has Pathfinder listed as one of your least favorite games. Enlighten me!

I personally find Pathfinder to be a little too hard to play. I don't hate the game enough to want it retired; really, it was a good game on paper, but in practice, could you imagine the intense pressure on a contestant? With the game's rules, sometimes I feel as if the contestants are stepping on land mines instead of numbers! If you screw up, then screw up in pricing one of the small items, you practically have little room for error!

Of course, the other people on this website are probably smart enough to win Pathfinder without needing any of the smaller prizes!

So, anyway, we have three people and a potential substitute. 38 hours to go!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm in next!!

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
I'm in!

• Outside in Line
...So, uh, what's going on here? I only have five people and one substitute, and sign-ups close in eight hours! I have some personal business to attend to tomorrow, so I may have to extend the deadline, but still, what's going on??? Is everyone on vacation or am I being outperformed by a more popular Golden Road.net user?

Offline CCYoshi

• Outside in Line
Sure, I'll play. At least, I think I can. I'm not quite following the rules either but, hey, newbie power! ^^

Offline CANUKTPiRFan

• In Contestant's Row
im in

• Outside in Line
Well, the deadline's approaching. But seeing as I only have seven people and a substitute signed up, I think I'll extend the deadline to until I get 15 contestants. However long that takes!

Besides, I can't begin the show tomorrow anyway. I have to attend someone's graduation. Then I have to go apply for admission to Virginia Western Community College. And, of course, I can't really be online between 11:00 A.M. and 12:00 noon Eastern Time for what I think are obvious reasons! (Hint: This website is devoted to a game show that comes on during that hour! )

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
I'm not sure if Alex will be around to host this show anytime soon according to this thread...

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Due to Alex's 30 day suspension for inappropriate posting this PiR is hearby cancelled.

"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won