Author Topic: Drew Carey audio interview. PURE GOLD!!  (Read 2904 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
Drew Carey audio interview. PURE GOLD!!
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:33:46 PM »
If you wanna hear a little bit about the set changes, listen to this interview.  Drew is really sounding more and more like the perfect man for the job.  According to him, nothing is changing.  Drew is even continuning the tradition of reminding us to spay and neuter our pets.  I am really excited now for season 36.  LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW!!  

http://www.allthehitsq100.com/bertshow/

Then click on Drew's link, and the interview is downloadable.

jimlange

P.S. Drew restrained himself on the radio.  There was clearly an obivous joke he could have done and he didn't say it.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Drew Carey audio interview. PURE GOLD!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
I am relieved that the classic look of Price will be kept intact and some of the props will keep the same look with Drew as host.  I think it's great that there will be a long, skinny, wireless mic for Drew.

I wonder if there will be other staff changes for the show-like will Bart Eskander end his days as director and will we get someone else, preferably R. Brian DiPirro from Game$how Marathon?

Interesting note-This is post number 2005-the year I joined this great website.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:59:59 PM »
Drew mentions four taping days a week when he's working on Price.  I wonder if that will be the regular schedule once he fully gets up to speed, or if he was just confused.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:12:35 PM »
Between this interview and Drew's performance last hour on Power of 10, I am more convinced than ever that we're gonna be just fine this fall.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »
Ok, after hearing the interview and after watching PO10, I can ease off a little on the Drew hating.  Though, I'm still a little worried about these changes that have been mentioned.  However, after considering the time frame between hearing about these changes and Drew's first taping date, I'm thinking these changes are going to be a "later on" occurrence as opposed to a "right away" situation.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »
junkaholic95 wrote:

However, after considering the time frame between hearing about these changes and Drew's first taping date, I'm thinking these changes are going to be a "later on" occurrence as opposed to a "right away" situation.

If the changes you're referring to are set changes, you are incorrect.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pricefan3376

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »
I'm really liking Drew more and more now as a host after listening to the interview!  I think we're going to be fine for season 36!

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »
I did hear him say that some stuff got a new paint job.  I was actually thinking in terms of traveling and the new theme.  The new theme I have no problem with since Edd Kalehoff is working on it and it's supposed to be pretty much the same as the current theme.  Traveling, I'm still uncertain about that.  I'll need to see it put into practice before I make a final judgment.  As far as a whole new set being built.  I wouldn't think they had time to build that yet.  Drew did say that it was being built to be more mobile, but on the other hand, he did say they weren't changing a thing.  I don't know what's right or not as far as what's been said.  Ultimately, I just want to find out when the season starts.

(500th post!)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »

junkaholic95 wrote:
I did hear him say that some stuff got a new paint job.  I was actually thinking in terms of traveling and the new theme.  The new theme I have no problem with since Edd Kalehoff is working on it and it's supposed to be pretty much the same as the current theme.  Traveling, I'm still uncertain about that.  I'll need to see it put into practice before I make a final judgment.  As far as a whole new set being built.  I wouldn't think they had time to build that yet.  Drew did say that it was being built to be more mobile, but on the other hand, he did say they weren't changing a thing.  I don't know what's right or not as far as what's been said.  Ultimately, I just want to find out when the season starts.

Well, I suppose you could build the exact same set and make it mobile at the same time. Just because the pieces of the set are huge doesn't mean they can't build an identical set that can easily be taken apart and transported.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
You know what?  What you just said actually makes sense.  They could build it identical, yet make it easy to take apart.  Maybe that's what they had/have in mind.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
This is about the eighth time that I've heard Carey boast how rich he is. One would think that a P.R. person would pull him aside and say, "Ah, Drew, this business about all your millions and how you never have to work again? It doesn't come across as endearing. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck."

Obviously, on a show that gives away prizes, you don't want the attitude of the host to be, "Look at that poor slob jumping up and down because they won $5,000. That's what I spend on booze each week."

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
TO JIM: "PURE GOLD" is right!! :)
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
== JAY SEZ: ==
Jim... thanks for the link. I loved that interview!!
Now I know I will give Drew a shot at doin' "Price".
And YES!! He will... he will... ROCK USSSSS!!

**stomp-stomp-CLAP!!**

:-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

You go, Drew... and PEACE to Q100.5 in the ATL!! YAY!!!

~JK~
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
re: "Look how rich I am!"

TVC is right, but I'm pretty sure Drew is trying to express how grateful he is about the fortune he's amassed.  I think there is a difference.

Personally, I never like to tell anybody how much I make... it's a good living but I don't care to rub it in.

re: the rest of the interview

What strikes me about the interview is the amount of enthusiasm Drew Carey had over his two projects, and I really think he's doing this because of a genuine interest in the subject, and not just for the paycheck.  

And for the record, Drew Carey would be the 4th or 5th comic in the "Deal" era (Heels' term) to host a gameshow and do a pretty good job!

here's the list:

Howie Mandel
Bob Saget
Jeff Foxworthy
Wayne Brady, do improv guys count?
Drew Carey

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 06:16:48 PM »

TVC wrote:
One would think that a P.R. person would pull him aside and say, "Ah, Drew, this business about all your millions and how you never have to work again? It doesn't come across as endearing. Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck."

First off, you have to remember that the average person out there hasn't slavishly watched every single Drew Carey interview of the past few weeks as we have.  Pretty much all of the references I've heard him made to his wealth are in explanation of why the series of events leading up to him being named host were very unusual.  I don't get the sense that he's throwing that in anybody's face... he's explaining that he's doing the show fundamentally for the love of doing it, not because he's financially obligated to do so.

For better or for worse, Drew is very candid about just about everything.  He doesn't feel the need to sugarcoat it.  And after all, is there anyone who knows who Drew is who isn't aware that his projects have made him very wealthy?

If wallowing in his own dollars comes up repeatedly during his hosting stints, obviously that wouldn't be very endearing.  But for now, I find his honestly refreshing in comparison to, say, Katie Couric, who was so incredibly inauthentic on the Today show, pretending that she faced the same financial and child-rearing concerns as everyone else.