Author Topic: Something I noticed on my ticket for Drew's first show  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Something I noticed on my ticket for Drew's first show
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »
I noticed something different when I got my ticket for Drew's first show today: The new ticket does not say "A Mark Goodson Television Production" and instead it says "Fremantle Goodson, Inc."  Could this mean we may not see the "Mark Goodson Television Production" mention at the end of the show?  I've included a copy of an old ticket for reference.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/1214/20070808202710pa2.jpg

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Something I noticed on my ticket for Drew's first show
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »
At least there is a company legally named "Goodson" that produces Price again (not since 2002 when "The Price is Right Productions, Inc. was formed). Interesting that this was done...could we be seeing "A Mark Goodson-Fremantle Production" credits? (Fre-man-tle has the same amount of syllables as Bill Tod-man.)

Speaking of defunct production companies, I found this SEC filing at the time of All American's acquisition of Goodson, which oddly lists The Child's Play Company as a significant entity...

[http://www.secinfo.com/AF/www.secinfo.com_0000950148-95-000682_001_0.rtf]

I would assume that The Child's Play Company has since 1995 been shut down.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
Are new tickets not numbered or did you crop off the ticket #?  Just curious.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:09:22 PM »
I cropped the picture and the number got cut out.

Offline bingocaller1

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 10:13:26 PM »
That's a shame about the Mark Goodson Television Production on the ticket. Now does this mean the trademark daisy will be gone from the showcase podiums and the floor?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
Perhaps this also gives us the answer to "host of" or "star of," since the ticket says "STARRING DREW CAREY". ;-)
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:35:24 PM »
I would hope they wouldn't axe the Goody-Toddy flowers  er uh... Goodson-Todman asterisks.  (Sorry, had a Charles Nelson Reilly moment.)  I don't think they'll be removing any of those.  They're just for looks anyway.  I also don't look for the closing schtick to change either.  It hasn't thus far with all the different company names. (Aside from dropping Bill Todman's name of course.) I don't see how this time is any different.  Changing the company name and the tickets to correspond doesn't strike me as a concern.  Like I said, my guess is that the stuff that I mentioned will probably stay the same.  Of course, if they do change it to "...The Price is Right, A Mark Goodson - Fremantle Production" or something like that, I wouldn't mind.  It would better reflect the truth anyway.

Offline uncleplinko

• 9/22/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • Travis Schario dot Net
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:18:26 PM »
According to the new set design, the Daisies will remain...just in an interesting new capacity.

Apart from that, I can say no more.
New, updated site for the OU Game Show Club:  http://www.ougsas.org/

My Lewis Black Moment:  If it hadn't had been for "The Price is Right," I would have never graduated college!

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 11:23:28 PM »
Changing the company name and the tickets to correspond doesn't strike me as a concern.

Had changing the company name on the ticket to correspond with the production company been done, the tickets would have started reading "A The Price is Right Production" in Season 31, the first season Mark Goodson Productions no longer produced Price.

My thought? Since Bob is now gone, and Syd is executive producer, attributing the shows' success to Mark Goodson just doesn't seem to be a priority now, which is very unfortunate.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 12:19:42 AM »
Really, really strange to see a PIR ticket with someone else's name as host.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 01:40:31 AM »
Now does this mean the trademark daisy will be gone from the showcase podiums and the floor?

They're found in A LOT more places than just that.

Offline ewalker3

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:43:59 AM »
Yes - Child's Play Limited Partnership actually.

I was going to say..

When that first purchase of the Goodson assets occurred.. there was All American Goodson, Inc. and it seems to have progressed on down.

If I had to guess given my last 14 weeks of business organization law: Thats probably the holding company for the assets acquired from goodson (don't forget among other things the game formats and of course the renound video library of the goodson shows, goodwill, etc).

If I recall the contestant release sheets they give people to sign lists Freemantle Goodson as one of the companies (John?)...

Offline ewalker3

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 02:46:24 AM »
actually it would have been after the goodson family sold the company to all american:

Remember the copyright was "Mark Goodson Productions, LLC"

and the price production company itself was TPIR, LLC.

the joy of corporate structuring..

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 04:43:07 AM »

ILoveBonusGame wrote:
Speaking of defunct production companies, I found this SEC filing at the time of All American's acquisition of Goodson, which oddly lists The Child's Play Company as a significant entity...

Here's what I found interesting... it says their talent budget for that particular year was $6.1 million for four people.  I wonder how much of that went to Bob.  (It indicates that CBS kicked in about 4 million of that.)

By the way, a lot of these company names and classifications don't make any sense to anyone outside of the company.  As I noted in an Out in Left Field thread a few weeks ago, I discovered a filing that says "Mark Goodson Productions" now is officially listed as a software developer.

Offline ewalker3

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:22:35 AM »
im surprised no one mentioned  (from that all american report)(i have an actual paper copy i requested all those years ago to see if their stock was "worth" investig in) the licensing fee that they at the time get from CBS just for price is right..