Author Topic: Deal or No Deal: Season 3  (Read 62718 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Deal or No Deal: Season 3
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
Wow. Just... wow. I can't call that the best game I've ever seen, because there's been a few games with higher amounts left in play, but that game definitely ranks near the top. Demetres is exactly the kind of contestant I wish we'd see more often. I mean, she went two rounds further than I would have gone. Two! How many times has that happened? I just wish she would have won the $200,000. What a heartbreaking ending. Heck, heartbreaking doesn't do it enough justice. More like, painfully agonizing. What a game... what a game.

Something else noteworthy about tonight's show, and I think you know where I'm going with this. It's funny, because just the other night, I was thinking about how awesome it is that Lindsay has never missed a show. Not a single one... until now. That was definitely shocking and saddening to see. But, I guess she had to miss one sometime. :-(

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »
Yeah, I noticed Lindsay got replaced by Kendhal (one of the backups) on this episode, and yes, it was nice seeing the 26 case girls in bikinis, wasn't it?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »
Personally, I think it was a dumb move on Demetres' part to go all the way.  With two cases left--$1,000 and $200,000--the expected value was $100,500.  The banker offered slightly higher than that ($110,000).  It was not worth a risk of $109,000 to win an additional $90,000.  Had the banker offered a straight $100,000, it would have been statistically acceptable to go for it.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »
It was dumb, but a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I wish more games were like that.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
The winner-take-all idea last night was pretty cool. It's too bad more wasn't won. Also, Lindsay's streak of eight low cases in a row came to an end. :-(

Not much to say about tonight, though. Mary made a good deal... with the board looking like it did and her being a big fan of Wicked, that was the perfect time to bail out.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2007, 06:50:40 AM »
I also thought the Winner-Take-All idea was pretty cool, especially since it seemed like a growing jackpot in every game (1st game ends with $50,000, 2nd game ends with $10,000, 3rd game ends with $1, for a grand total of $60,001). Oh, and I thought Mary from last night was nice to look at. I was glad she got a big win.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
Monday Night's winner-take-all was pretty cool. Too bad though that Eric wasn't able to win a lot more. It seemed to me that all 3 games just crumbled in the contestants hands. But at least tonight wasn't a cry fest.

And I didn't get to see the full episode of Tuesday night's episode, but I do like the preview box so home viewers can see the case right before a commercial. It'd be nice if they would keep that.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »
Ugh... the preview box was AWFUL. I turned away, because you know how I am with spoilers.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 11:18:34 AM »
Have to disagree with you on this one, heels. I thought it was so cool to know that it was a low amount in the case, but the contestant did not.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 01:55:30 PM »
The preview box is useless! No body in the audience makes any reactions, cuz they don't see! There really is no point in showing people at home what the case is...

And what's that Howie said about the guy having a chance to triple his winnings?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 04:47:47 PM »
Are you talking about on Monday's show? He probably meant that if the winning player in the winner-take-all won the million dollars, that player could win $3,000,000 if the others won a million, too. Unlikely, but worth mentioning.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 07:09:12 PM »
And if you're talking about Tuesday's show...well, tune in tonight.  It'll make a little more sense then.

And boy, was that 'spoiler box' the biggest waste of time or what?  All it did was kill the pacing of the show...which I didn't even know was possible.  As slow as Deal's pulse is...normally, there at least is one.  With the spoiler box, there was just SO MUCH TIME to vamp while Howie took the box...walked all the way across the stage...put the box in position...fumbled with the latch...and then thew to commercial...it was worthless.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »
Ugh. That's all I have to say.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007, 10:19:08 PM »
I watched today's episode...I did not like that wheel.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »
When I saw that wheel last night... the first thing that came to mind was either Plinko or The Big Spin wheel on steroids.  :oldlol: That looked really awful.

And how did I know that after Efren mentioned wanting to see his parents, they were going to show up on the next episode? That isn't really much of a surprise, if you ask me.  :-? Then again, we aren't really that surprised by these gimmicks, are we?  ;-) (I was however, surprised when his case only had $10, considering how his game went [from the usual "It looks like he's going to win, but now it looks like he's going to go home with nada" that we've seen lately] but you never know with spoilers. At least he won close to $300,000, though.)