Author Topic: CSS Results for November 21  (Read 1570 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 21
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
The day before Thanksgiving, last scoring day of the week (since the next two days are repeats) and so I made believe it was Friday and doubled the points and money values. It didn't quite pay off for me in the cash department, but I'll take a second place showing without complaint! I thought I had won for a minute, but it turned out I just hadn't copy/pasted Voltron291's bids. :mrgreen: Some wishful thinking on my part, since he slaughtered us on the boat showcase. This was the EXPENSIVE Reinell 20' ski boat. The cheaper one is smaller, and carries a much smaller price tag.

Ashley furniture is cheapish, but a King bedroom mostly makes up for that. Also, the ATV I suspect may have gone up in price a bit, but we'll have to wait for Jacob Wilkey's price recap to see for sure. LudwigMackdaddy was gutsy with his bid and takes the cash times two.

Marc offered either a TPIR DVD Game or a Newlywed Game DVD Game to the winner of today's CSS! So in addition to winning and cashing in on the boat, Voltron291 should email Marc right away at marc@golden-road.net to claim his prize!

Have a safe Thanksgiving holiday, rest up, watch old showcases and eat until you have to undo the top button on your pants!  :biggrin:

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 21, 2007 -- Game 27

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: CSS Results for November 21
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »
Well, at least my scoring streak stays intact.

Next week, I'll be live from Philadelphia for the CSS.  I'll be watching the show all week, so watch out! :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
I thought I had a :gotc: on the :frbs: when all I had was a high-end regular garf.  What a relief my scoring streak stays intact (I've now equaled my longest-career CSS scoring streak - 10 consecutive games)

Guess you can say the last few days, I've made some major breakthroughs :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:46 PM »
not a very impressive CSS day, in terms of what is usually seen on the scoreboard. you dont see someone getting a $500 difference in their bids. instead, you see differences of $850 or more. i find that unusual, but thats just me. anyway, i missed todays CSS, but i WAS able to see Drew reveal the actual showcase prices. needless to say, i stunk. i still hope to get money or a top finish.

until Monday....
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »
See that blurry object in Armadillo's rear-view mirror? That's me closing in at blinding speed. :-D