Author Topic: Just got a WoF board game  (Read 7136 times)

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
Re: Just got a WoF board game
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
TPIR 2nd edition home game
DoND handheld, tabletop, board, DVD, and card games
1 vs. 100 card game
Break the Bank from the 70s
WWTBAM? tabletop, handheld, and board games

And I just picked up the 1 vs. 100 tabletop and DVD games at Target (if you're looking to grab these two, check your local Target stores.  I found the   1 vs. 100 DVD game for $7.50, and tabletop for $12.50 at my store.  They also have the Family Feud tabletop game for $10.00).
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 03:05:27 AM »
I also just got a 25th Anniversary Pressman Wheel of Fortune.  Seems kinda' weird having a permanent Free Spin disc stuck to the wheel.  But I kinda' made some extra wedges out of posterboard anyway.  'Cause you gotta' have two Bankrupts!

I hate the puzzleboard, though.  Never liked Pressman's puzzleboard once I got a Tyco game eons ago.  Easier to see letters and the spaces that were used, nicer flaps, not having to forage through a book for every called letter... I need to get myself a Tyco set somehow.  Pressman wheel, Tyco puzzleboard, good times.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:44 PM »
Did you have this one?

I remember playing it when I was a kid and my parents making fun of Vanna "moonwalking" over to the letters. I recently fished it out and managed to get DOSBox to run it on Linux.

I remember playing that one at a daycare. Vanna with red hair? Anyways, I forgot to mention that, in addition to my prevoius post, I have Simpsons Jeopardy! I also no longer have the Millionaire Board Game. And I know this doesn't count, but I have Tribond, which I know about because it was advertised on Wheel.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 02:47:17 AM »
Heh...daycare?  We played that game in computer class...in eighth grade.  That's a mark on how old the computers were, not me...Windows 98 had just been released, but we were learning about computers that still couldn't play much more than Wheel of Fortune.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 01:22:24 PM »
Heh...daycare?  We played that game in computer class...in eighth grade.  That's a mark on how old the computers were, not me...Windows 98 had just been released, but we were learning about computers that still couldn't play much more than Wheel of Fortune.  :)

Yes, daycare. A room full of Tandy 400s. It was 1997-1998. They had Super NESes too. The place needed stuff to keep kids distracted, so they wouldn't go for their favorite pastime: Bullying.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline MississippiTim

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »
I have
 - TPiR 2nd Edition (1972/1973) that I bought on Ebay a few years back.
 - $20,000 Pyramid "inherited" from my grandparents.
 - Family Feud 2nd Edition (1978/1979) "inherited."
 - Jeopardy! 9th Edition (1970-something?), "inherited."
 - Password 2nd Edition (1999, maybe?) purchased at Toys R Us.  My grandparents had two different Password games from the 60s/70s, but I passed on them.

I couldn't find the 80's version of Wheel Of Fortune at my grandparents, or I would have had that.  At one point I had the WoF Deluxe edition with the spinning wheel with tabs to put $5000, $2500 and extra Bankrupt spaces and Deluxe 80s Jeopardy!  I played both to death as a kid (I'm 30 now) so they were eventually thrown out.

My cousins and I pretty much played J!, Pyramid and FF to death as kids, so the boxes are pretty tore up, but I still wanted them for sentimental reasons.

I would love to have the 80s $25,000/$100,000 Pyramid with Dick Clark on the box...it appears occasionally on Ebay, but usually sells for more than I'm willing to pay.

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 06:24:11 PM »
About the only one I have right now is the TPiR DVD game (which I happened to grab for $1 at a garage sale, still in the shrinkwrap.)  I distinctly remember owning that old CGA graphics Wheel of Fortune game though, as well as other DOS game show stuff (Classic Concentration was another one, and I think there was a Family Feud as well, but I didn't have that.) 

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »
Let's see; I got most of these when they were originally released, unless otherwise noted...

Wheel of Fortune Junior Edition NES
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe SNES
Jeopardy! Deluxe SNES
Family Feud SNES
Wheel of Fortune PC 1st Edition
Jeopardy! PC 1st Edition
Family Feud 1994 PC Edition
Family Feud PC 1st Edition
Family Feud 3rd Edition Board Game (off eBay)
Family Feud 4th Edition Board Game (off eBay)
Family Feud 2nd Edition Pressman Board Game
Wheel of Fortune Tyco Board Game
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition Board Game (off eBay)
Wheel of Fortune Board Game (Tin Box)
Jeopardy! Board Game (from discount store)
The Price is Right 1986 MB game (off eBay)
The Price is Right 2nd Edition
The Price is Right DVD Board Game

But, what's more amazing, I'm typing this after returning from a New Year's celebration, so, I'm a bit "under the weather", and still able to remember all those. ;)

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 04:11:37 AM »
About the only one I have right now is the TPiR DVD game (which I happened to grab for $1 at a garage sale, still in the shrinkwrap.)  I distinctly remember owning that old CGA graphics Wheel of Fortune game though, as well as other DOS game show stuff (Classic Concentration was another one, and I think there was a Family Feud as well, but I didn't have that.) 

Oh yeah, I had the GameTek CGA WoF, Jeopardy! and Classic Concentration, as well as Family Feud, though I've misplaced Feud. Never liked Jeopardy much because you had to properly select "WHAT IS"/"WHO IS"/"WHO ARE" etc. as well as spell the answer correctly. I read a review of a TPIR game they did once. Here's a review, though I remember reading one by an LFAT that was much less kind.

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »
God... is it bad Im looking on EBay right now and thinking of paying $55 for the Game Show Version of Scrabble...? Thats with shipping, but still.. lol

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 08:40:28 PM »
If anyone is still looking to grab the TPIR DVD game, check your Target store.  I just picked the game up for a whopping total of $4.50.

Yes, $4.50.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
Did you have this one?

I think we used to play this in grade 1. Is this the game that played "The Stars & Stripes Forever" after you solved a puzzle?

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »
I think we used to play this in grade 1. Is this the game that played "The Stars & Stripes Forever" after you solved a puzzle?

Yeah. Yeah, it did. I had forgotten about that. That was weird.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008

Offline Turbo

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »
All I have right now is the TPIR 2nd Edition (2004).  I used to have the Wheel of Fortune Travel Edition, but it's since been lost in time.
PriceFanArmadillo: "When Voltron's in the audience, there are 1,153,908 reasons to listen."

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2008, 05:08:53 PM »
All I have right now is the TPIR 2nd Edition (2004).  I used to have the Wheel of Fortune Travel Edition, but it's since been lost in time.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I also have one of those Wheel of Fortune hand-held games (same as the Travel Edition?). With the expansion puzzle packs, that thing could provide hours of fun and was great on long car trips.  :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!