Author Topic: Just got a WoF board game  (Read 7141 times)

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Just got a WoF board game
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »
It's a 25th silver anniversary edition. It has a very nice little replica of the wheel, instead of a Twister-like spinner.
Here's a link to it:  http://www.amazon.com/Pressman-Deluxe-Anniversary-Wheel-Fortune/dp/B000P6DV78/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1198725860&sr=1-4

What board games do you have that are based off game shows?
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: Just got a WoF board game
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »
I have: Card Sharks, Family Feud 2nd Edition (Endless Games version), The Price is Right (1998 edition), The Price is Right 2nd Edition, Jeopardy! (2003 edition), Wheel of Fortune 20th Anniversary Edition, Wheel of Fortune Deluxe Edition (2004 version), and Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:47:24 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »
Wheel of Fortune 2nd Edition, Wheel of Fortune 4th Edition, Wheel of Fortune 5th Edition (used to have the ORIGINAL Deluxe game, but had to pitch it due to mold), a travel Wheel of Fortune game, a mid-80's Jeopardy! game, 14th edition of Family Feud, 16th edition of Concentration, High Rollers, Newlywed Game, an old handheld The Price is Right game, and The Price is Right DVD Game.  (I probably shouldn't include Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit in this list.  :)

If anyone notices anything missing from that list, I'm always happy to accept a late Christmas present.  :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:51:32 AM »
For now, I've got the TPIR DVD game, but I'm going to get the 2nd edition of said DVD game when it comes out.  Anyways, I used to have a Wheel of Fortune game (Pressman) when I was a kid; in fact, I remember getting TWO of them for Christmas way back in 1987, when I was only five:  One was the old regular edition, and the other one was the old "Junior" edition.  That's how y'all can tell how old I am!    :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think my old WoF games fell victim to the cheapo game show :wotc: .  Oh well...   :hammer:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »
I have:

Wheel of Fortune board, 2 PC, and Tiger Electronics games
2 Jeopardy! PC games
2 Millionaire PC games, 1 Game Boy game, and 1 board game
TPiR Tiger Electronics game
Press Your Luck PC game (Downloaded from bigjonspcgames)

And of course, Scrabble, Monopoly, and Yahtzee.  :-D
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline supergoten

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 04:09:18 PM »
I have one WoF board game, I'm not sure which edition, but it's in a blue box and is copyright 1985. I only paid like a dollar for it at Goodwill I think too. :P

I also have a couple old WoF DOS games, but I don't know where those are anymore. All I know is that they were on some floppies. They were made in the late 80's or early 90's I think... had some really bad color graphics.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 04:42:08 PM »
I also have a couple old WoF DOS games, but I don't know where those are anymore. All I know is that they were on some floppies. They were made in the late 80's or early 90's I think... had some really bad color graphics.

Did you have this one?

I remember playing it when I was a kid and my parents making fun of Vanna "moonwalking" over to the letters. I recently fished it out and managed to get DOSBox to run it on Linux.

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »
We still have that DOS game, lol!  Its on a floppy disc, and sometimes I can still get it to work!  I always got a good laugh at the end if I didn't make it to the bonus round, cuz the computer players never played the bonus round because of unusual circumstances, lol!  We also have the DOS Jeopardy game too, but my dad played that game more.

I personally just have the two most recent PiR games (2nd edition board game and the DVD version).  I really don't have time or friends around to play them lately.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 05:14:31 PM by ironman00710 »

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »
I've got:
The Price is Right (1998)
The Price is Right 2nd Edition (2004)
The Price is Right DVD Game (2006)
Deal or No Deal Card Game
Deal or No Deal Board Game
Jeopardy! (1980s edition, says 25th anniversary edition)
Jeopardy! (another 1980s edition)
The Simpsons Jeopardy!
Wheel of Fortune (original 2nd edition)
Wheel of Fortune 20th Anniversary
Wheel of Fortune 25th Anniversary
Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Other games I have, but aren't board games are:
Super Password hand-held
Who Wants to be a Millionaire hand-held
Who Wants to be a Millionaire key chain game
Wheel of Fortune Deluxe hand-held (1999)
Jeopardy hand-held (90s version) +2 cartridges for it
Family Feud hand-held (classic version)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire CD-Rom
Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2nd Edition CD-Rom
Who Wants to be a Millionaire 3rd Edition CD-Rom
Family Feud CD-Rom (Louie Anderson version)
$100,000 Pyramid CD-Rom
Wheel of Fortune CD-Rom
Wheel of Fortune 2nd Edition CD-Rom
Wheel of Fortune 2003 CD-Rom

I never realized I had so much game show stuff til I made that list lol
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
Did you have this one?

I remember playing it when I was a kid and my parents making fun of Vanna "moonwalking" over to the letters. I recently fished it out and managed to get DOSBox to run it on Linux.

I was trying to remember this game earlier this week. My cousin used to have it when he had an older computer. Sure it was old, but it was great fun :D

I have a very old Wheel of Fortune game (It's stored away so I can't get the details, needless to say it's from the early 1990s), used to play the SNES Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! games and played the TPiR DVD Game and Deal or No Deal electronic game this past weekend.
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 07:02:52 PM »
I have...
-Card Sharks
-Family Feud
-TPiR
-Wheel
-Jeopardy
-Hollywood Squares
-Deal or No Deal

...and those are the ones I REMEMBER without digging through my closet.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »
Did you have this one?

I'd like to solve the puzzle...TWO-STORY BUILDING.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline supergoten

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 07:31:14 PM »
Haha, that was it Scott! I'm only 17, but I know that game. My aunt gave it to us I think, I remember first playing it when I was little on her old Win3.1 computer.

Offline Ponch8

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »
I used to have the mid- to late 80's version of Wheel of Fortune, and also Jeopardy from the same era.  The Jeopardy game was terrible, so we never even made it through one complete playing.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 07:56:44 PM »
Did you have this one?

One of my aunts use to have this game and I played it with my siblings and cousins whenever I visited.

I also use to have WoF for the old Nintendo Entertainment System, One of the Wheel CD-Rom Games (I believe it was released in '98 and I bought in '01.), and One of the Wheel home games, I don't remember which edition, though.