Author Topic: Game ShowOpoly  (Read 5947 times)

Offline ntpir

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Game ShowOpoly
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 08:22:11 AM »
Well let's see getting back to your suggestions....
Houses would have been (ideally) refridgerators and hotels would have been cars.

Now, about the DOB and the FFBC...I was actually thinking of turning this idea into whoever puts these games out so using the DOB and the FFBC would be strange to put it nicely. I mean every Opoly game as references that most everyone knows. Most people know a good portion of the PGs and elements to show. Maybe a good portion would know who Roger is...but only us would know about the FFBC. I don't know maybe I can come up with a special GR.net version. :)

The Tax spaces...Income Tax was Prize Tax and Luxury Tax...I believe it was another "Buy TPiR Souvenir" space. I couldn't think of any other good tax ideas.

Oh..I remembered some more Chance/CC cards:
You don't know how to play Check Game??? Go directly to Jail!
You sent the mountain climber over the cliff. Go directly to Jail!
Get ready to punch the punchboard! You punched out..$100! Collect $100!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 10:46:38 AM »
FREE PARKING: If you play "Monopoly" the way my family used to, you turn it into a jackpot space. We'd take all our penalties and deposit them into the pot. Land on "Free Parking", take the stash. So I'd include a little plastic clingy thing with a picture of the wheel that says "JACKPOT" or something like that to place on that spot.

(I know, I know...it's not supposed to be a reward space. You play the game your way, we play it ours! Everyone's got their variations.)

I like that.  The Free Parking jackpot rule is a very common house rule; they might as well add it to the official rules! :D

Luxury Tax..."Buy custom-made TPiR shirts, Pay $75."
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 11:04:28 AM »
I had some TPIR-style "Chance/Community Chest" cards in mind:

1.  You have the chance to walk the "Golden Road"--proceed to Golden Road.

2.  You sent Hans the Yodel-Guy over the cliff.  Pay $200 for his hospital bill.  :-D

3.  Prepare thyself, you're gonna play Plinko!  And you won $100.

4.  Double Overbid!  Lose two turns!

5.  You hit a Lose Everything in Pass the Buck; pay to the bank all the money you have.  :-D  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »
This just leaves Electric Company and Water Works. I'd make them non-pricing game elements. Maybe EC = Turntable
and WW = Giant Price Tag?

In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline ntpir

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
This was covered earlier...the utilities are Contestant's Row and the Big Wheel. I know there was a lot of information...probably missed it.

OK, so big question...would you all here like me to go ahead and again complete this project officially? If nothing else for us members here?? I can go ahead and start all over again. Put it together on Excel and work out all the kinks and give every a template of the board, etc. I guess anyone of you could do it now--but I do have the basic premise in my head. Thoughts?

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
This was covered earlier...the utilities are Contestant's Row and the Big Wheel. I know there was a lot of information...probably missed it.

OK, so big question...would you all here like me to go ahead and again complete this project officially? If nothing else for us members here?? I can go ahead and start all over again. Put it together on Excel and work out all the kinks and give every a template of the board, etc. I guess anyone of you could do it now--but I do have the basic premise in my head. Thoughts?

I say go for it.  We can all help.  Then, when its done, we can review it and then play it.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 05:17:59 AM »
It wouldn't work in a purely TPiR-based game, but what about a Whammy on the "Go to Jail" space?

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
Ideas for reasons to go to jail :

For pushing the Flip Flop button instead of Flipping or Flopping ...

For lifting the shell and ruining the Shell Game ...

For trying to write on the display instead of the check ...

Other ideas :

You spun the wheel too fast, and Y&R must be delayed! Lose a turn.

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 04:58:35 PM »
Congtatulations, you won, but nobody saw it because it was preempted by a White House Press Conference - Lose a Turn

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »
More Chance/CC cards...

"You didn't get the wheel all the way around and got booed on national TV!  Pay $100"

"An historic moment has just occurred!  Collect $150"

"You fell down spinning the wheel.  Pay doctor's fee of $50"

"You should have listened to the audience.  Pay $50 to every player"
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »
Here's some more cards I had in mind:

1.  You did a faceplant while coming on down to Contestant's Row!  Pay $150 doctor's bill.

2.  You injured Bob when you gave him a Samoan hug!  Pay his $500 hospital fee and lose a turn.

3.  You broke the putter in "Hole in One".  Pay $250 to get it replaced.

4.  You had a "wardrobe malfunction" on national TV!  Go directly to The Bungalow!  Do not pass "COME ON DOWN", and do not collect $200. 

Oh yeah:  "The Bungalow" = JAIL  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 10:37:22 PM »
How about:

1.  "You got sued by a model and settled out of court.  Pay $200."

2.  "Your car was crashed into the set and needs repair.  Pay $100."

3.  "You got in line early and got a front row seat! Collect $50 from each player.

4.  "You were the (fourth through) ninth player called and you didn't get on stage.   Collect your consolation prize of $20."

It's late and I'm tired.   maybe I'll thinkl of something better later...
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 01:36:54 AM »
You fixed Pathfinder! Collect $50.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline ntpir

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
Great card suggestions so far. They are definitely adding to my arsenal...and believe me I will give credit where credit is due! Thanks Franc, FieldsFan, and Season36 for the ideas!

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 10:21:22 PM »
Its great fun! 

As promised, more from a rested mind....

1.  You tripped on the microphone cable and hurt your knee, pay doctors fee of $50.

2.  You caught your arm in the turntable and needed surgery, but got gigs on several talk shows!  Collect $100. 

3.  Your friends finally paid you for the cool shirts you had printed for your trip.  Collect $50 from each player.

4.  You didn't get to the studio early enough and didn't get into the taping.   Pay $150 for an extra night at the hotel.

5.  You sat on a light bulb and cannot continue.  Lose a turn.

6.  Your ten year wait is up today!  Get out of jail free!
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.