Author Topic: Pathfinder2119's Price is Right - Episode 11! - ĦES TODO!  (Read 23623 times)

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
Pathfinder2119's Price is Right - Episode 11! - ĦES TODO!
« on: July 01, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »
Since a few weeks have passed, I will be starting Episode 11 of pathfinder2119's Price is Right. Contestants will be selected based on how they answer the following question:

What do you consider the most important aspect that makes an episode of The Price is Right good or bad, and why? (i.e. contestants, how many games were won, etc.)

You must answer this question in order to be eligible. With that out of the way, here are the rules:

1: You will have 24 hours to bid. If you do not bid in that time, you will receive a warning the first time, and then you will be replaced. I will PM you once telling you when it is time to bid, and respond by bidding in this thread.

2: Bid in the order that I give.

3: Shouting out suggestions from the audience is not only perfectly acceptable, but required.

4: If you sign up for this thread, make sure you check the thread regularly. After I PM you, it's your responsibility to check this thread often, and it just saves me some time and hassle.

5, and the most important one: Good luck and have fun.

Good luck to all :-)!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: Pathfinder2119's Price is Right - Episode 11! - SIGNUPS
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:16:23 PM »
I'm in, and for me, whether or not I enjoy an episode depends on Bob and the contestants. :-)

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
I would like to play!

I think that a good episode of The Price is Right needs to consist of great contestants, in the sense that they have a good personality and we want them to win, plus a good knowledge of how to play. Even if no pricing games were won, it could still be an enjoyable show. For different people, a good show might include some of their favorite pricing games as well.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 07:15:26 PM »
I believe that seeing those contestants all happy and excited that they're on TPIR. Whether it's winning their way up on stage and/or winning a pricing game, getting as much $11,000 on the big wheel and of course the most important of all in my mind winning both showcases it just makes a person's day a bright one. As long as they don't harm Bob! Oh and btw I'm in.

Offline CANUKTPiRFan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:10:50 PM »
It's the excitement of either watching TPiR on TV or Being there in person. Im in

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 09:00:27 AM »
Im in!

IMO, The most important thing is the contestants. If on one show we have 9 contestants who dont know how to play the games at all (See the recent ten chances players), The show is bad IMO, even if there is a perfect show and a DSW. However, if we have 9 LFaT's, the show will be good IMO, even if we have a skunking and a double overbid (In that case, its the dob's fault, not the contestants.)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »
I'd be lying if I said that the win/loss record has NOTHING to do with how much I enjoy a show. I like to see people win stuff, especially if they're good players. But in some shows there are games that can be played perfectly and still be lost. (Master Key, Plinko, Secret X, Pass the Buck, etc...) In these cases, it's how the game is played, if the contestant is enthusiastic and knows how to play the game. At the end if they get stopped by the Dob or by random bad luck, it's too bad.

Even the frustration of a TERRIBLE playing of Ten Chances, if Bob is on his game, can make a show for me. The college kid who wanted to be a politician and then wrote down $74K for a Ford Focus... stupid bid, but Bob's remark that "that's just like a politician. They get into office and then they start spending!" saved it and then some.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 02:01:32 PM »
Me in too!!

It's Bob in a good mood, The contestants being excited and not overdoing it like an idiot!!! :-D

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 02:27:30 PM »
Being challanged is a bad thing, but winning is the good thing!

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »
I'm in, and honestly, there are way too many factors that go into a good show.  The games have to be enjoyable, Bob needs to be enjoying the show, and the contestants need to genuinely enjoy and want to be there.  Win/Loss record does not have as much to do with it, since it all balances in the end.  But without the above three factors, the show can be not as exciting or entertaining.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
I'll play!

For me, what makes an episode good is the personality of the contestants.  If they are having fun and showing interest then losses don't really matter and wins are an added bonus.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 05:19:34 PM »
The episode will begin on Wednesday morning, and if you haven't signed up yet, you still have the opporitunity.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 06:37:21 PM »
Rich: Here it comes, from the golden-road.net forums, the internet's most exciting several weeks of fantastic prizes, the fabulous Price is Right!

BuddyTom, come on down!

ucb2912, come on down!

wpghi5, come on down!

and JayC, come on down!

You are the first four contestants on The Price is Right! And now, here is the star of The Price is Right, Pathfinder2119!

*Pathfinder2119 makes his entrance through the big doors to thunderous cheers and applause*

Welcome to The Price is Right! Thank you very, very much for that wonderful welcome! Right over there is the first item up for bids on our show today!

Rich: It's a new range! Cook delicious food on this Whirlpool electric range. Pathy?

And that range will go to the one of your four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over. JayC, you get to bid first.

JayC
wpghi5
ucb2912
BuddyTom

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pathfinder2119's Price is Right - Episode 11! - IUFB #1
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 01:21:44 AM »
I'll go with $799 please, Pathy.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pathfinder2119's Price is Right - Episode 11! - IUFB #1
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »
Since wpghi's time is up, ucb now can bid.