Author Topic: Respecting Bob  (Read 19878 times)

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Respecting Bob
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 08:29:06 PM »
Right, but my point is, show just a little bit of class, dignity, and forethought if you're planning to be on national television.
Perception of class and dignity are subjective of course.
Having had the shirt made shows forethought, and I suspect this person was making a statement and that's why he/she chose that exact forum to do it in.  (It really wouldn't make much of a statement walking around the Farmer's Market wearing a shirt that said "Bob who?") :oldlol:

Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:36:14 PM »
Ah, I've thought about this. I remember seeing a shirt a while back saying "Bob Who? We've got Drew" and that can really offend Barker fans.

Some people just act like those 35 seasons didn't exist.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »
Some people just act like those 35 seasons didn't exist.

Or if they existed, they didn't matter.

Offline atty07

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 08:53:48 PM »
One thing is certain;  No one ever showed up to Jay Leno’s first season on the Tonight Show wearing a tee shirt that said “Johnny who?”.

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »
One thing is certain;  No one ever showed up to Jay Leno’s first season on the Tonight Show wearing a tee shirt that said “Johnny who?”.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo true.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 09:49:30 PM »
Perception of class and dignity are subjective of course.
Having had the shirt made shows forethought, and I suspect this person was making a statement and that's why he/she chose that exact forum to do it in.

I don't think you can make a sane, serious argument that the shirt had much class to it. There's nothing subjective about what it said. It was rude. And I have a feeling that if the shirt had been about anyone else, you'd be singing a different tune.

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »
Let me throw in this. The people who are putting down the great success of Bob, are nothing but lowlifes and who don't really know what is the consistance of TPiR. TPiR won't make it far if it wasn't for Bob and his great personality, also maybe those idiots who bashed out Bob are just young nimrods who love Drew and they don't know about TPiR or Bob, but who follows Drew from his comedy stand up days to now.

I don't get why CBS or the Ushers at Television City don't just kick out the people who is disrespecting one or the other. It's a fair game, you're there at TV City to see The Price is Right not to put down Bob or Drew.

If you're one of them, then you don't belong at TV City...
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline spellingbeej

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
I'm in amazement that people can go to The Price is Right and have no respect for Bob.  I mean, why do they want to go to the show in the first place?   It just amazes and disgusts me.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »
I'm in amazement that people can go to The Price is Right and have no respect for Bob.  I mean, why do they want to go to the show in the first place?   It just amazes and disgusts me.
I dunno, to win a prize, to see Drew, to enjoy the atmosphere, to ....

Bob isn't there anymore, so why would he factor into a person's decision about going to the show?

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 10:40:50 PM »
I don't think you can make a sane, serious argument that the shirt had much class to it. There's nothing subjective about what it said. It was rude. And I have a feeling that if the shirt had been about anyone else, you'd be singing a different tune.
The shirt was a statement.  It was made in a specific forum.  People who support the statement will most likely think it is fine and probably applaud it.  People who disagree with the statement will most likely resent it, demean it and call it classless and disrespectful.  That’s what is meant by “opinion”, it is subjective.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 10:48:02 PM »
I don't think it's that big a deal, it's just a shirt. There are worse "sins" to commit then that.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 11:10:19 PM »
The shirt was a statement.  It was made in a specific forum.  People who support the statement will most likely think it is fine and probably applaud it.  People who disagree with the statement will most likely resent it, demean it and call it classless and disrespectful.  That’s what is meant by “opinion”, it is subjective

No matter what anyone's "opinion" is, the shirt was at best, a poor choice of wording, and at worst, tasteless and disrespectful. People not caring about the shirt is one thing, and that's cool, but to condone its wearing just shows an obvious hatred for Bob or an ignorance of his accomplishments. (I know, folks, I know. I'm wasting my time.  I think I have said about all I can anyway.)

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »
a poor choice of wording, and at worst, tasteless and disrespectful.
If the sentiment expresses the person's opinion, then it was an excellent choice of wording.  Like I said, people who disagree with the sentiment will find it disrespectful.  Opinion=Subjective
      Then don't.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:30 PM »
If the sentiment expresses the person's opinion, then it was an excellent choice of wording.

Kind of like the time you posted that Bob was a therealcu2010, right?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Johnny Rifle

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
A shirt like "Bob who, we got Drew" isn't intended to be disrespectful at all, it's trying to be nice to the new host. While I agree that it could be taken out of context remember that it's a silly game show.

What of a person who wears a shirt of his/her favorite exiled model? That would probably upset Bob more than anything else barring a shirt made out of cat hide.