Author Topic: DVD Giveaway Contest!  (Read 12785 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: DVD Giveaway Contest!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
I want extra credit for getting #2 before the expanded picture.  It was #1 that got me.  The only "event" I could think of to fit the timefram was GameShow Marathon, when they had to move the big wheel.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »
Hmm... that's now how I got to the conclusion I got... All I found in common with all of those tape dates was that Push Over was played on all 7 of those shows for 5-digit prizes, and there were only 2 "significant" shows between those two dates, the Season 34 and 35 Premiere - of which only the Season 35 Premiere had Push Over played for a 5-digit prize.

I did figure out what #2 was about an hour after I sent in my original picks simply because I had figured out where you would need 5 voltage converters for - 5 numbers in the price of the car! I originally thought it was for the 5 bags in It's In the Bag or the More or Less sign - thinking that the picture had to have been one of the games seen on one of the MDS or 50th special.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
:headbang: on Picture #2.

I had the Race Game jukebox on that one.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 12:50:26 AM »
Ok, I have to say I'm glad someone else didn't know what picture 2 was. I didn't submit guesses, but I had absolutely no clue what it was, even after help was given.  Seeing so many say it was "obvious" makes me feel like a....well, you can imagine.  My talents lie elsewhere.  I have zero ability to identify mystery pictures, but it was fun to watch the contest progress.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
Ok, I have to say I'm glad someone else didn't know what picture 2 was. I didn't submit guesses, but I had absolutely no clue what it was, even after help was given.  Seeing so many say it was "obvious" makes me feel like a....well, you can imagine.  My talents lie elsewhere.  I have zero ability to identify mystery pictures, but it was fun to watch the contest progress.

You weren't the only one.  I searched through the Golden Gallery to find a backstage pic that might shed some light and didn't come across anything, then I went to gscentral.net and looked at a bunch of pictures to see if I could match the general shape of the prop to anything.  I thought it might be Stack the Deck, but something about the backside of the photo threw me off.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway...I had #1 wrong.  Voltron had an interesting correlation there with Push Over that I'm sure very few other people would've picked up.

This was a very interesting contest, though.  I like trivia things like this (see also: Golden Road Rush), even though I never win...it's more of the challenge of trying to figure it out and watching it develop.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
Drat! I had #3 easy (having a torrent of Bob's last MDS on your computer is helpful!). My first guess with #2 was the back of More or Less mainly because it looked like a newer prop. I also figured since pictures #1 and #3 were related, I thought all three pictures might be connected. So, the newest game on the roster for Bob's final MDS? More or Less.

However, I easily deciphered Stack the Deck on my 2nd guess. There just wasn't enough information for me in that picture before. The shapes of the cards were a dead giveaway.

Unfortunately, #1 did me in. I guessed Bob's "50 Years" special. So these were the dates on which the doors were redone? Can someone give me a list of what these "Specials" were, and how the doors were "redone"? The MDS's always used the same set of doors, I thought.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 11:20:03 PM »
#1: I went with Bob's special, I do believe....wasn't even thinking daytime.

I thought #2 had to be the Race Game jukebox.....dang.

I got the game switch right away on #3, but I thought it was too easy, and the picture might have been taken before games were swapped around or something....so, I looked elsewhere.

Nice job to the winners...you guys deserve it.