Author Topic: New wheel position  (Read 8701 times)

Offline sportzdogz

• Outside in Line
New wheel position
« on: March 24, 2008, 05:50:54 PM »
Yet another staple has ended on the show.  The long time postioning of the wheel has changed as we seen today.  Not sure if this is permanent or not but it makes the area look very small that they are spinning in. 

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: New wheel position
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:59:43 PM »
I agree. With the turntable pushed back, the previous shot made the stage seem huge and open, as they seem to do with just about every game throughout the show. The new angle makes the set seem cramped. Plus, they didn't seem to have the camera angles worked out yet. There were very few shots of the leading player's side, and the ones that we saw were very delayed.

The only part I liked about the new angle was the background of Door #1 behind the players. It was neat to see something different. Should the change stay? Perhaps not.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »
Like everything else this season, this'll take a little getting used to. Unless this wasn't permanent. Maybe sometime this week, they're playing Magic # fourth, and they have to plug it in beforehand because the computer it uses needs to boot up. That's just a theory, though.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Is anyone else getting tired of all the changes they have been making this season?  Dealing with a new host has been enough of a change!  Syd needs to cool it.

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:42:39 PM »
Is anyone else getting tired of all the changes they have been making this season?  Dealing with a new host has been enough of a change!  Syd needs to cool it.

I have to agree with this. This is beyond too MUCH! Syd, just cool if off for a little.
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:50:31 PM »
I have to agree with this. This is beyond too MUCH! Syd, just cool if off for a little.
In the grand scheme of things, this is very minor compared to what they've already changed or what they could have changed.  It isn't as if the wheel was changed to a wheel of fortune style wheel, which would be a big change...

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
It is NOT permanent... afaik

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:56:02 PM »
I knew the moment I saw it that it would be blown way out of proportion.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 08:02:02 PM »
I knew the moment I saw it that it would be blown way out of proportion.
Boy and howdy...people, this is a NON-ISSUE. I fail to see why people are getting worked up over this!

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
Does anyone have a screenshot of it?  I missed today's episode because of my pesky job.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:54 PM »
Does anyone have a screenshot of it?  I missed today's episode because of my pesky job.

The best I can do is tell you that they pretty much pushed it back to Door #2.

Boy and howdy...people, this is a NON-ISSUE. I fail to see why people are getting worked up over this!

Now if the wheel had been taken away and replaced by The Price Was Right, then I could understand it! (and even then, TPWR *COULD* be made to work)
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
Syd conspiracy?  I'm gonna' pass....

But you know, some things matter to people more than other people.  Claiming a Syd conspiracy may be going too far, but on the other hand, saying it's a non-issue is going the other extreme, and not fair to the people who do care about it.  Heck, I don't like it!  And there was absolutely nothing wrong with how the original post was stated, very calmly and matter-of-factly.  The first two replies also followed suit, and is how I'd like to see future posts in this topic.  This may not be that important in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think rational discussion, like the original post and first two replies, should be discouraged, whether for the change, against the change, or not really caring one way or the other.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »

You people need to quit blaming everything on Syd.  I can't see how something like this could possibly have been his doing.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:39:18 PM by CJBojangles »

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like it angled as it appeared today!   8-O