Author Topic: CSS Results for March 28  (Read 1938 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for March 28
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:58:57 PM »
Some exciting news:

How is anyone's guess. Great bid on the PT Cruiser and cell phone and cash showcase, and... not quite as bad a garf on the bedroom as some. PriceFan985 and namnhu12 also DSW on the car, but does that really surprise anyone? Chief-O gets some well-deserved money for the bedroom, but in general that showcase was garftastic. All of the overbids were overenthusiasm on the car. That cell phone is almost cheap enough to be an SP, and if you overpriced $2000 cash, you should consider quitting CSS and trying GRECO instead. :biggrin:

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for March 28, 2008 -- Game 108

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
Re: CSS Results for March 28
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:01:34 PM »
i had a headache, so i wasnt able to come. too bad, i wouldve gotten lots of points and a possible exacta!
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »
Now that's the way to come back from a heartbreaking WSD, I'm satisfied with my 4th-place finish! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 07:25:05 PM »

You know, I almost DSW'd SC1 too...but something about SC2 made it look...cheap. I dunno why.

At least my no-OVER streak is up to ten days now!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
I hope I made some people happy by bombing out on SC-1, because this is the second day in a row that I failed to win cash on one showcase because I overshot the other one.  I made this for all you unlucky overbidders out there:

I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 07:43:10 PM »
you mean Dobstoppers Bully?  :D
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »
I can't believe the bedroom furniture was $13,000+.  Cristina Saralegui is making mad money off her wares.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »
:headbang: times 50.

In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
Beware the schadenfreude Ludwig..

see when I should have been being quiet.. I was cheering that for the SECOND time when mouthy people.. Fireball, Jordan etc.  lately have been screaming fireball speical.. I had this feeling in my gut they were terribly wrong.. and they were both times. :) >. Instead of taking that with grace.. I took a ride in the hypocrite mobile and started being mouth myself-- just as drew announced my WSD :( ...

Shame on me. Shame shame shame

And yes.. while I don't have to use them often..  if I do I have Buddy Tom usually do it on the FONE--  the readbacks in general are always HELLA vague as the sk8 kids would say and I think fairly useless-- I really think people who can type MUCH more detail faster in my humble worthless opinion need to be drafted to do them.