Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/31/2008  (Read 11151 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/31/2008
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:30:12 PM »
The Price is Right - Mar. 31, 2008
Production #4271K - Taped Feb. 27, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Amber Lancaster and Rachel Reynolds
Wearing: Scala

1   Golden West Billiards Table (A&P)
JASON 1800 TROY 1350 VERONICA *2000 LAURA 1400 ($2400)

Veronica from Marietta, CA plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 5 7 3 0 8 9 4
Ford F-150 (Std., AC, Stereo, Window, Prot)(A&P)$2 0,– 3 –($20,632)
Howard Miller Gallery Wall Clock (R)$7 – 5(715)
That Damned Piggy Bank$8.4 9LOSS

2   Le Creuset Cookware Set (R)
+Jason 850 +Troy 1 DANIELLE *700 +Laura 750 ($710)

Danielle plays GRAND GAME (Target: $8.00)

(1) Phillips Caplets (24)$5.49$10
(4) (Bruce's) Yams (16 oz)1.49100
(2) (Banquet) Dessert Bakes3.791000
(3) (Blue Star) Ointment6.1910000
(5) (Clever Clasp) Jewelry Clasp (4 pk)9.99
(6) (CLR) Power Plumber11.95WIN!

Danielle's task was made a bit easier because Drew inadvertently exposed the price of the caplets. Truthfully, Danielle left the most expensive three for the final pick, so all comes clean in the wash.

3   Suzuki DRZ125L Offroad Motorcycle (P)
+Jason 2700 +Troy 1000 CRYSTAL 1200 +Laura *2000 ($2599)

Laura from New Orleans, LA plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

(Panasonic) 50" Plasma HDTV (R)$3498
Pulaski Ebony Vanity (A)$2699$2699WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,408Veronica55 + 80OV
8,796Laura95 stay.95
10,710Danielle50 + 501.00*$1000*   Bonus 85   Through to Showcase Round

4   La-Z-Boy Montreal Sofa (A)
+Jason 800 +Troy *875 Crystal 851 JOHN 750 ($969)

Troy from San Diego, CA plays MONEY GAME for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., AT, ALB, Cover, BlkHtr, Prot)(R)

5080-336-595-4
9550-246-bk19-1
$266$19 6 ––   LOSS

5   3 Quoizel Tiffany Lamps (R)
+Jason 801 MICHELLE 800 Crystal 675 John *1400 ($1635)

John plays SHELL GAME for an AquaCat 2 Catamaran (A&P)($4645)

MP3 Turntable$130HIGHER$150*(2)BALLWIN!
(Koolatron) Compact Fridge50HIGHER89*(4)NO
(Dough-nu-matic) Donut Maker120LOWER150
(Sennheiser) Wireless Headphones100LOWER79*(1)NO

Poor Jason. Stuck all day in the Row. Hopefully he can find a way out. If he can't, Mimi awaits him at the "First Four" Breakfast Club, and that's not going to be pleasant...

6   Morrow His/Her Snowboard Equipment (R)
+Jason 1100 Michelle *750 Crystal 1571 DOROTHY 1800 ($765)

Jason heads off to the clubhouse while Michelle from Lake Elsinore, CA plays RANGE GAME for a trip to Napa Valley, CA (via Oakland)(6n @ Ink House)(A&P)

Scale:$3500-$4100
Range:$3630-$3780
Price:$3867   LOSS

For Michelle, winning that trip would have amounted to a trip home. Seems she lives about 15 minutes from there.

SHOWDOWN #2
$765Jason50 +100OVThrough to Showcase Round
1,235Troy85 stay.85
6,898John55 + 40.95

SHOWCASE ROUND
Danielle has the honor.

SC1-John DK Cookbooks
Broyhill Carson Dining Group
Noritake Fitzgerald Dinnerware (P)
Beachcomber Hot Tub (A)
BID$12,500
PRICE18,432
DIFF–5,932
TOTAL$25,030
SC2-Danielle TESSIE THE TEXTER (R)
(Apple) iPhone
Trip to Cancun (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Omni)(R)
Dodge Nitro XST (Std., Mats)(A&R)
BID$26,200
PRICE24,630
DIFFOVER
TOTAL$11,710

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $49,944

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/31/2008
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »
A#: Ow...another one falls victim to the piggy bank.

GRANDY: Oopsie...Drew accidentally exposes one of the prices.  Fairly easy pickings from there. Why was the win graphic red?

ORP: I thought the TV was right.

SD1: $1000!

MONEY: Money Game AGAIN???  That was a fairly tricky setup today.

SHELL: Yay...Shell Game is played! That was one of the funniest playings of Shell Game I've seen in a while.  Drew really loves that donut maker, doesn't he?  Great win.

RANGEY: I would have went a bit higher...I knew she was a bit low.

SCs: I liked the "Tessie the Texter" theme.  My bids:
     Hot Tub: 16100 (diff. 2332)
     Car: 24399 (diff. 331)

OVERALL: 3.5/5. Pretty good show today, with lots of funny moments.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline MichaelC

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:02:21 PM »
Great show today! One of the best playings of Shell Game today! Yay! It's back! Love how Drew bounced that ball off the counter after John's win.  But why ask the audience which shell to put the chip by??? Nobody knows! And Drew makes a whoopsie in Grand Game.  Thought he might make another in Shell Game by accidentally turning over a shell when he mixed them up.

I would've won Grand Game and 1 Right Price plus an exacta on Money Game!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
Two things, Dorothy: 1) that shirt has been done before, and 2) you must not have high hopes if all you want to do is go to the Showcase Showdown. ;-)

HOTTIES: #224, Laura :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Frank picks
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:41:39 PM »
This was an incredibly fun show today.

IUFB#1 I thought she had said 1000O as well.

Any #: I gotta admit that was a neat looking clock.

Grand Game: Whoopsie. I think Drew got a little ahead of himself there.

Money Game: Easy getting the front half, that back half was somewhat tricky. I'm surprised Troy didn't take the 20 even though it was wrong.

Shell Game: Yay Shell Game!  Shell Game for a catamaran? When I saw the Catamaran I thought we were gonna see one of the turntable quickies, I was pleasantly surprised to see Shell Game. Drew did a great job here.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:49:45 PM »
Veronica did say $10,000 originally, but after Drew said the display only goes up to $9999, and the fact the audience greatly disapproved, she changed her bid.  I found it funny that Drew joked that the ARP was $11,000.

Is it me, or was there an edit when Drew said hello to Veronica when she came on the turntable.  It appears that there was something missing between Drew saying hello and throwing to the clock.

Today's Grand Game is probably the biggest flub by Drew so far in his time as host.  I laughed at how he covered it up and then revealed it to "make it official."

Also about Grand Game, I think the red $10,000 graphic looks really out of place there.

Yay, Shell Game was played for the first time since November 8, 2007!

Well, I know today's SPs would have been incompatible with Joker.  But timing wise, Joker could have probably fit in to today's lineup.  I just really wish we could see the final game re-enter the rotation and answer the question of Joker or Poker Game getting the axe.

The second showcase was funny for me, since I know quite a few people who just text nonstop.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:52:58 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 03:52:20 PM »
Why was the win graphic red?

Because they wanted to make it red. Simple. There is no law requiring a specific color on a specific day. (Same story for the opening titles)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 03:54:17 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:10:29 PM »
Weird occurences first half, everything otherwise was normal. ;)

OB1: It wasn't on the border of cheating, but $10k was definitely heard, she heard boos, and she made the correct decision to lower the bid. But now there's concern that the PG she plays will end up badly...
A#: EPIC PHAIL. She had no clue, though to be fair the 1 being in the clock and not $21k was tricky.
Grandy: To match the noise Drew made: BRAIN FART! :oldlol: I can only imagine how much easier the game would have been if the product was one of the "wrong" ones, but fortunately that didn't happen, and this isn't the worst game for the host to blow, since it isn't all or nothing, only partially. 4/6, 3/5, they're all nearly the same, right? :P
SD1: Her bonus spin was weaker than her other spins, whose patterns suggested she would land on the .05 or $1.00. :(
Money: Apparently his girlfriend had no clue the -0 and -5 are put there on purpose to cause a loss like this.
Shelly: Long time no see! Though technically it doesn't matter, I didn't like Drew moving the shells around.
Rangey: California Wine Country? First Maine, now this...
SCs: John garfs, but Danielle falls victim to El Cheapo Cancun. My guesses ended up in double heels ($876 and $278 over), at least it wasn't a CSS heartbreak.

B
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:28:49 PM »
IUFB #1: $10,000?!  8-O For a moment I thought that bid would stand. Luckily Veronica stopped Drew just as he was going to turn to Laura for her bid and change hers.

Any #: Tough break for Veronica getting the piggybank.

Grand Game: Whoops!  :oldlol: Drew exposes the price of the caplets.  :oldlol: With that it all resulted in Danielle getting $10,000.

One Right Price: I would've picked the tv.

Money Game: Pretty tricky for Troy. Yet 46 would've been my second choice for the last 2 in the price of the car.

Shell Game: Finally got to see this game after quite a while. What a way to comeback on the show with a win. Love seeing that ball bounce off the counter after a win like that.

IUFB #6: I wanted Crystal out of contestant's row.  :evil:

Range Game: Well talk about blowing your chance on winning a trip home.  :oldlol: Tough break there for Michelle.

Showcases: It's a shame Danielle went over after all the luck she had today. An average bid by John leads him to be the big winner today.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
Apparently, Drew needs to careful around pricing reveals (Hey, at least he didn't reveal the actual winning price like Bob did in a Push Over game a few years back). Also, nice to see Shell Game played again. It seems like such an underrated game to me.

Offline ThePrice_Fan

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »
IUFB 1: $10000? What has these people gone into?
Any Number: Ouch. Piggy Bank winner.  :cry:
Grand Game: Price exposed!
1RP: Good average game.

Showcase Showdown 1: $1000 winner! Awesome.

Money Game: Somewhat hard today...
Shell Game: YES! Finally, not played for a while in S36.
Range Game: Fourth game that ends with the word "game". Painful loss however.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #37--Veronica! :P No, Veronica, you can't bid $10,000.  Oh, she said $2,000 all along?  <Emily Litella>Never mind!</EL>  SCORE!

Any #:  Good Lord, that is one fugly clock.

One-Bid #2:  Fireball Hottie #38--Danielle! :P Wow, a two-hottie day for The Fireball!  BTW, did anybody else besides me notice that in Danielle's group was the well-dressed cornrowed brother Jonathan Benson, who got called down on Friday's show?  Back-to-back SCORE for me!

Grandy:  BLOOPER! :oldlol: First time in years that a product's price was prematurely revealed, but the first time ever that the host did the premature revealing.  The setup was still easy, blooper or not.  And they fixed the colors of the $10K graphic.

1RP:  Whoa, how was that game won?!  I never would've guess that puny sink cabinet would be $2,699.  That is worthy of a Dobstopper Deluxe®.

SCSD #1:  Yes!  Danielle moves on to the showcases, and adds another $1K to her $10K stash.

Money:  Fourth!  I knew that the back half of the car had to be either 36 or 46.  Pontiacs with PS/FP always end in either 1 or 6.

Shelly:  Yay!  Shell Game! :P First appearance in almost 5 months.  Drew's favorite prize is back, too.  The close-up shots of the shell reveals are a nice new touch.

Range:  The wide shot of the range was kind of a giveaway that she was way too low and lost.  I'm a little surprised that four of the six games played today had "Game" in their names.

SC #2:  Awww... hottie's going over.  :-( Unless that Cancun trip is, like, $6,000.  But it won't be cuz it's an NWA vacation.  NWA = cheapo.

My showcase bids:
Random room/spa--$15,007
Truck--$23,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
One Bid 1: Aw, come on. You know you heard 10000. Veronica wanted to hide that she didn't.

Any Number: Okay, she really got away with this one. I must admit, that is a really good clock. I would definitely would not frown upon winning that over the truck. I kinda wanna frown about her $8.49 gain, but I don't wanna.

Grand Game: I'm sure it was an honest mistake that the price was inadvertently revealed, but it does help a little. I would definitely pick the Phillips over the drain cleaner anyway.

1 Right Price: Oh, I was so tricked here by  :clipboard:

Money Game: Okay. Troy got the 19 first. Good. Then I really wanted him to try 46, using the old B-n-F trick. I kept telling him, but I know my word does not work. So he pays for it by winning only $266.

shell game: Come on, if Drew says (after the fact) that he would pay a million for a donut maker, you got to spend a little dough on that. I would. Just by looking at it alone makes me imagine making Krispy Kreme donuts with it. The labeling kinda looks like it, too.

One Bid 6: I can imagine the snowboarding (Double) Whammy from Whammy! doing his thing to Jason.

Range Game: This and one of the plays on the DVD set gave me a vivid idea of what the "Range Game Syndrome" is. I just think Michelle stopped it just a little too early. Still pretty high in my opinion.

Showcases: I did a quickie on John's Showcase, bidding 16000 on it, but went through Danielle's, bidding 24000. Boy, was I good on Danielle's. (I know this is wrong, but I figured 20K+ on the car, 1 for the iPhone, and the rest for the trip would make some leeway sense.)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SuperBall85

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 09:48:53 PM »
I have to say...great selection of games that I enjoy today.

Any Number was great to see, although I hated she only won the ol' Piggy Bank.

Range Game was also cool, and it was funny that she close there.

A cool Grand Game win too, but I didn't hear it all as neighbors came in at that time.

And, ouch, Money Game loss too. Finally noticed the little outline of a car in the word money today after seeing the G-R backstage pic of it.

But, the winner of the day for me goes to Shell Game. As someone who only saw scattered Barker airings years ago, it's a new one to me--so it's pretty much my first time seeing it. Really cool and apparently "comfortable" too, lol :P

And, the Tessie the Texter bit was funny--I know a few people like that at my school.

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »
Wow, the newest game in the lineup was Grand Game (1980)... guess that partially explains the "[X] Game" theme in the game titles today.

I was definitely caught off-guard when Rachel's clothes flew off in the second showcase. I was also thrown off-guard when Shell Game showed up finally, but a different kind of off-guard.