Author Topic: I Always Wondered This....  (Read 3133 times)

Online 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I Always Wondered This....
« on: April 27, 2008, 07:32:56 PM »
I've always wondered this, and I may get crucified here for even thinking it, but here it goes:

When 3 Strikes is played, does anyone think that Roger might put in the 2 strikes that they don't use anymore in the bag before the game starts, just to make winning the car more difficult? Say for budget concerns? I know they wouldn't play the game when there is a budget crunch, but I always wondered this. No contestant would ever know because they never look in the bag in the first place. Just a thought.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: I Always Wondered This....
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
No.  (Insert 3-strikes "No" graphic here.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 07:39:21 PM by Frank15 »

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »
I think a contestant might notice if there are more than two chips left in the bag after the first four numbers are gone.  I also think that if Roger is having budget concerns, he simply won't play Three Strikes.  Don't think he'd want to risk a lawsuit.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »
Bzzzz!!!! Insert 3 Strikes red "NO" graphic here.  there are three reasons that this would never happen.
1.Drew reveals to the contestant that there is only one strike in the bag.  If there were actually three, that would be unfair gaming practice and illegal.
2.The risk of getting caught would be far too high, especially if a contestant got down to the last number and the strike.  Say they felt more than two chips in the bag (the case against TPIR and CBS would literally be "in the bag" for the contestant)
3.The penalties and sanctions against CBS and Price if they were to put three strike chips in the bag after Drew announced there was only one strike would be TPIR and CBS's "fall from gameshow grace", and the payoff, or lack there of would definitely not be worth the risk.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 07:44:31 PM »
If at any time the rules of a game change, it must be announced on the air to not confuse contestants or anyone else.  I would assume that is absolutely required when they go about changing a game's format.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 08:16:30 PM »

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »
The game's hard enough as it is. It was even harder BEFORE they put only one strike in the bag. Besides, if the contestant drew a strike, what would Drew do with the chip? If he puts it back in, there'd be three strikes in the bag but only two remaining. If he took it out of play, the whole thing would be exposed. No, definitely not. Never. Not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 08:53:55 PM by Jnelson09 »
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:26:16 PM »
Please don't take this as rude: Why would you even think that? Roger has a lot more class than that and I'm sure there are other ways he can balance the budget. I don't think Roger ever "wants" a contestant to lose because I'm sure he likes seeing happy contestants, but I do think he makes it HARDER for some people to win.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:07:32 AM »
I've always wondered this, and I may get crucified here for even thinking it, but here it goes:

When 3 Strikes is played, does anyone think that Roger might put in the 2 strikes that they don't use anymore in the bag before the game starts, just to make winning the car more difficult? Say for budget concerns? I know they wouldn't play the game when there is a budget crunch, but I always wondered this. No contestant would ever know because they never look in the bag in the first place. Just a thought.

No.  That would be rigging the game.  Period.

Offline LovesSurvivorAndTPIR

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
That would be cruel! 3 Strikes is one of the most cruel games in the rotation already. Contestants squirm and freak out when they keep placing a digit in the wrong place. And as soon as they figure out which numbers go in the correct spot, it seems that they're about to get their third strike. That's what it seems like to me.
Av Changes: 1) Zuiikin English!; 2) Chicken gets voted out of Survivor China; 3) Boo-Boo, the greatest contestant of The Price is Right's first season; 4) Quite possibly the cutest fall in Survivor history; 5) Parvati, the winner of Survivor: Fans vs. Faves; 6) Kathreya, the Thai Cookie Monster

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 06:09:59 PM »
I think Roger should fill the bag with deadly scorpions.  Surely that would keep a contestant from winning!

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
I think Roger should fill the bag with deadly scorpions.  Surely that would keep a contestant from winning!

Not that kind of "strike"!

Offline PlinkoChip

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »
How about a rubber chicken like on TNPiR'94? *Shot*

But, as for your idea...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:32:54 PM by PlinkoChip »
Insert signature here.