Author Topic: Are Priority Tickets "Cheating"?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline nostalgiaguru

• Outside in Line
Are Priority Tickets "Cheating"?
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »
I got priority tickets from TVTix for a July taping, and won't have to stand in the ungodly early lines.  We are supposed to show up at noon for the 4pm taping.

But, out of curiosity, how are TVTix, Hollywoodtickets, etc. allowed to do this?  I understand that if you use these sources, you are able to enter just as if you are part of a group, bypassing those who have been standing in line since before the rooster makes his appearance.  Why does TPIR allow them to do this?

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Are Priority Tickets "Cheating"?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
I don't think so.  I used Hollywood tickets last week - but still out of those tickets not everyone in those groups showed up - only 5 of the 15 booked tickets went to the show.  CBS probably allows this because the group tickets are guaranteed seating and therefore they ensure that they do have full tapings - guest relations wants to avoid having to pay seat fillers and do this by allowing these sites to give out group tickets.  Nowadays even if groups don't even have 20 people they are generally still granted their group status because of booking in advance. 

However, if you do use these tickets, don't expect a great seat - you'll be placed on the sides or near the back as the CBS tickets are given better seating.