Author Topic: Do I have to have the "announcer" flat-out mention the make/model of a car?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
I have a question for Marc. Do I have to have the "announcer" for a host-your-own game mention the make and model of an automobile, or can I have the "announcer" refer to a Cadillac CTS as a "Mid-Sized Luxury Car"

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
As someone who does their own, I think it is only fair for the contestants to know what they are bidding on.  A "mid sized luxary car" can be anywhere from $20,000 to $85,000.  Besides, what you define as a "mid-sized luxary car" may be very different from what someone else will define it as.

That's as bad as putting "cereal".  There are LOTS of different kinds of cereal, all ranging in varying prices.

It already bothers me that some people do not give detailed descriptions of the prizes in their play along games to begin with, but this to me goes too far.  I thought the idea was to make it "as close to the show" as possible.  The show mentions the make and model of car.

Just my two cents...

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Yeah... as Jade has already said, just "mid sized luxury car" says very little, and it's impossible to price something when the description is that vague.  More specifics are very helpful.  Generally, the more, the better, though mentioning the make and model ought to be at least the bare minimum.

Of course, you really need to be a more active member in other parts of the board before you start your own show.  I know it's the summer, the slow time of year, and the rules regarding that are more relaxed this time of year, so I won't close your show, but you really should find more to post in, somewhere else on the board.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to mention the make/model of a car?