Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/01/2008  (Read 17482 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/01/2008
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 07:45:07 PM »
How many times has Danger Price been played this season, compared to last season? It seems that it's received an increase in play the last couple of weeks, which is perfectly alright with me.

In Season 35, Danger Price was played only 7 times.  This season, the game has nearly doubled its frequency; through today's playing, Danger Price has been played 13 times.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 07:54:02 PM »
Most Expensive was pretty much a forced win, wasn't it?

Bonkers was played really well for once...except that for Norma Sue's first three guesses, she had the first paddle on "lower!"  I didn't even realize she'd done it until she went to move it...I mean, why would anyone think a car -- even a dinky little GEM one -- would be under $5,000?!

Danger Price:  I didnt feel bad seeing that lost.   The tv, was obviously the danger price.  Its only been on the show all season

Funny how I was totally unaware of that.

And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion:  My sister is a lesbian, so is my aunt.  And an uncle of mine is gay.  So I have no problem with the gay-lesbian population.  However, a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.  Simple as that.

I disagree totally.  If people were exposed to this kind of thing at an early age, they'd grow up thinking it was normal, and then we wouldn't have all these problems that we have with gays and lesbians being ostracized and discriminated against.

(Not that that appears to be the proper context of what happened today...but still, people only get worked up over this kind of thing because there's a stigma attached to it.  If any small thing, even a guy kissing Drew because he's excited over winning a trailer, can move us toward breaking that stigma, then everybody'll be better off for it in the long run.)

I was glancing through TVGuide the other day and one of the soap operas, I think it's As The World Turns, has a gay couple on and it's daytime.

Darn right they do.  Luke Snyder and Noah Mayer.

Steve should know this: How many times has Danger Price been played this season, compared to last season? It seems that it's received an increase in play the last couple of weeks, which is perfectly alright with me.

Danger Price has been played 13 times this season, as opposed to 7 last season.  So it does seem that there's been a significant increase -- it's been played as many times just since the repeating lineups ended as it was all of last year.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
ME:  Easy.

Bonky:  Why the hell was a car cue used for that ugly golf cart GEM car?  Normasue was fairly slow, but at least she didn't look out at the audience.

Crazy Brandi's Car Lot:  Can't play it much better than that!  I did find it interesting that Drew went to the last envelope before he went to the second envelope.

Danger:  Yay!  Danger Price! :P Fourth! :P With Remix! :P

Pass teh Suck:  Wow, we got a closeup of the frequency chart on this game, too!  I don't know why Terri felt the need to risk $5,000, but she lucked out with an additional $3,000.

IUFB #6:  How do you like that?  Lanisha wore Normasue's Steelers jersey! :-D

Pushy:  Easy.  $5,995 was the only price that made any sense.

SC #1:  The infamous Hotel Got Hard Gotthard.  That bid doesn't even cover the boat.

SC #2:  Oh noes, not the evil Every Room showcase.

My showcase bids:
Boat--$32,007
FRERITHSC--$21,907
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »
The Price is Right Season 36, Game #178 (#6,909)

Showcase #1
Cellular Phone - $130
Trip to Lech - I've seen two previous trips to Lech's Hotel Gotthard priced at $7,135:  one in daytime on December 7, 2007 and one in primetime on April 4, 2008 (intended for the night of February 29).  I will go with $7,135, and to top it all off, the moment you've been waiting for, and it is this prize's fifth appearance...

...it's the Sanibel 18' Sailboat! :frbs: - $25,905!!!  FINALLY, THE SANIBEL 18' SAILBOAT'S REAL PRICE!!! :clipboard:  This was because of my pricing of the previous trips to Lech's Hotel Gotthard.

And now, some trip price revisions since we have the real price of the Sanibel 18' Sailboat from its first four appearances:
- March 27:  Huntsville (Space Camp) - $2,817
- April 22:  Cancun (Wyndham) - $4,636
- May 6:  Dallas (Adolphus) - $7,496
- May 29:  Shannon (Aer Lingus) - $5,017

Showcase #2
Bed - $7,298
Pinball Machine - $5,995
Floor Clock - When this episode was taped, the price was $3,785.  Now it's $3,925.
Organ - $8,900

Your Modeling Scorecard for July 1, 2008
Lanisha Cole
Total:  $35,037
What the contestants won:  $6,053, 4
What the contestants lost:  $28,984, 4

After 74 episodes
Prizes:  674 (421-253)
Cars:  78 (37-41)
Trips:  58 (25-33)
Season modeling total so far: $3,486,903

Brandi Sherwood
Total:  $50,553
What the contestants won:  $34,182, 5
What the contestants lost:  $16,371, 4

After 117 episodes
Prizes:  1,063 (688-375)
Cars:  114 (36-78)
Trips:  79 (38-41)
Season modeling total so far: $5,322,042

Stephanie Leigh Schlund
Total:  $59,304
What the contestants won:  $39,321, 6
What the contestants lost:  $19,983, 3

After 6 episodes
Prizes:  49 (33-16)
Cars:  5 (2-3)
Trips:  7 (3-4)
Season modeling total: $347,823

Your 24 prizes total $134,591.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:30:22 PM by whinbaby »

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 08:31:40 AM »
Good lineup. Nice to see Bonkers and a couple of the newer car games.

The setups weren't bad at all today.

I garfed on the showcases though.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 11:30:24 AM »
It was a man kissing another man. Big deal.

Offline anynumber76

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »
I have seen *far* more irritating contestants than Keith - in fact, Keith, to me, seemed like a very nice guy.  He didn't show off, he wasn't acting outrageous, he was just friendly.  I'd take 6 Keith's per day over some of the other contestants we've been treated too...

Gotta agree with you there.  How many obnoxious contestants have seen this year that have seemed to waste their opportunity on the show?  Remember the infamous Joseph from a couple weeks ago (i.e., $2 Million bid guy)?

Quote from: 2008nowandthen
And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion:  My sister is a lesbian, so is my aunt.  And an uncle of mine is gay.  So I have no problem with the gay-lesbian population.  However, a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.  Simple as that.

There are way worse things to worry about in life than an excited male contestant giving Drew a small kiss on the cheek.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
Not looking at the audience during Bonkers is good. Going slow and taking your time is not. :roll:

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Tamara
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
I thought Bonkers today was the hardest setup. With the second number being a 7, and the correct choice being higher, made that a difficult choice. I don't think I would have done it.

That said, I just don't understand why contestants don't always go with the odds in this game; 9 times out of 10, that will win it.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
I thought Bonkers today was the hardest setup. With the second number being a 7, and the correct choice being higher, made that a difficult choice. I don't think I would have done it.

After the first turn, you shouldn't be paying any attention to the numbers.  You should just be moving the discs as fast as you can and keeping track of what you have and haven't tried.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »
Most: So Obvious.

Bonkers: I don't know about the rest of you. But I think Norma Sue moved a tad too slow in this one. Glad she didn't look back though.

Pocket: Great win and seeing Drew open the last enverlope before all the rest was interesting.

Danger: The TV being the DP took me by surprise.  :-o

PTB: I still think risking $5K is too much, but I'm glad she got $8K and is happy no mattwer what.

Push: See Most Expensive.

Showcases: Another  :gotc: on a  :frbs:. Big whoopee.

A 3-star show.