Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/17/2008  (Read 49671 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/17/2008
« on: July 17, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
The Price is Right - July 17, 2008
Production #4424K - Taped July 2, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left  
Handoff: Amber

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Amber Lancaster and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Scala

1   (Panasonic) 50" Plasma HDTV (S)
REBECCA 1100 LISE *1400 CHRISTOPHER 2300 ANYA 1300 ($2199)

Lise from Greensboro, NC plays 5-Number PUSHOVER for a Chalet Alpine Folding Camping Trailer (P)

Setup:2 1 4 1 1 8 8 0 5
Pick:2 1 4 1[1 8 8 0 5]
Price:$11,880   LOSS

2   Yamaha YPG635 Protable Keyboard (A)
+Rebecca 1 ALLISON *1200 +Christopher "32" +Anya 5000 ($1220)

Allison plays PATHFINDER for a Pontiac G6 (Std., Stereo, Remote, Pedals, BlkHtr, Mats)(S)

Setup1stStart on [1]$2––––
1 5 4 8 02ndRight to [1]*$21–––
8 6 9 2 73rdRight to [3]*$213––
3 0[2]1 34thBack to [7]*$2134–
5 4 8 0 15thBack to [0]*$21340   EXACTA!
2 6 3 4 2

LEFT BEHIND:
(1) Fish Shower Radio
(2) Talking Pedometer
(3) Countertop Dispenser

3   Park & Sun 3-in-1 Game Table (A&P)
+Rebecca *1 THOMAS 1100 +Christopher 1000 +Anya 600 ($587)

Rebecca plays ONE WRONG PRICE

Howard Miller Merlot Valley Wine Bar (S)PICK$3590$1365WIN!
Husqvarna 26 HP Riding Lawn Mower (P)2300
StarTrac S-Series Recumbent Bike (A)2649

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,199Lise40 + 65OV
6,901Rebecca90 stay.90(Puny 1st Spin)   Through to Showcase Round
22,560Allison80 + 80OV(Puny 2nd Spin)

4   Ameriware Professional 18 pc Cutlery Set (A&S)
KRISTINE 950 Thomas *600 +Christopher 250 +Anya 400 ($900)
STUPID BID

Thomas plays CHECK OUT for a Broyhill Coastal Living Room Group (P)($3329)

ThomasMSRPDIff
(Zatarains) Creole Seasoning$  3.00$   .99+2.01
(Uncle Ben's) Instant Brown Rice2.501.99+  .51
(Clorox) DIsinfecting Wipes4.002.995.97
(Glade) Plug Ins AIr Freshener6.003.99+2.01
Gold Bond Cream   1.00   4.56–3.56
TOTALS$16.50$14.52+1.98

5   Jansport All Terra 3 pc Luggage Set (All)
Kristine *502 CATHERINE 450 +Christopher 500 +Anya 501 ($650)

Kristine plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Mercury Milan I4 (Std., 2.3l)(P)($19,450)

$14,185 $15,981 $17,540 $18,421 $21,962 $22,145
LOSS

Well, this is it, the 1140th last One-Bid of the season (1200th if you count the MDSs), and we have a duo of leftovers to tackle it. Christopher and Anya don't want to ruin their summer with a banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. One or both of them will be meeting up with Mimi, but who will it be? Anya has the best chance of avoiding it, seeing as she has the last bid...

6   Pulaski Bravo Executive Desk (S)
BERNARD 5000 Katherine 1300 +Christopher *1500 +Anya 1 ($2399)
STUPID BID

Anya heads off alone to the clubhouse while Christopher plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a Wurlitzer One More Time CD Jukebox (A&P)

Setup:8 9 6 9 5
Pick:$ 8 6 9 5
Price:$ 8 9 9 5   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$650Kristine80 stay.80
2,399Christopher85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round
4,129Thomas25 + 90OV

SHOWCASE ROUND
Rebecca has the honor.

SC1-Christopher Pulaski Cantabria Dining Group
MCF Limoges China Dinnerware
Safenet Security System (2 yrs Monitoring)(S)
beachcomber Hot Tub (P)
BID$15,500
PRICE17,997
DIFF–2,497
TOTAL$20,396
SC2-Rebecca ALL ABOUT DONUTS
(Dough-Nu-Matic) Donut Maker (A)
Trip to Amsterdam (NWA Vacations; 6n)(S)
Pontiac Solstice (Std., 5 Spd, Info, Stereo, AirBag, Trunk, AC)(A)
BID$28,000
PRICE30,960
DIFF–2,960

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $56,835

FOR THE SEASON:
Pricing Games: 535 for 1139 (46.97% - with 1 "No Contest")
Total Winnings: $12,717,617

Well, that's it. After a grand total of 200 shows (including primetime), Drew Carey can shed his rookie stripes as we have reached the finish line of Price Season 36. By now, you know tapings for Price Season 37 are set to begin Sunday. What we'll see on the stage of Studio 33 remains a mystery, but I remain optimistic.

As usual, thanks go out to...

• Marc Green and John Sly, who have claimed this little slice of the internet on beahalf of the Loyal Friends and True of the world for the last several years,
  • The staff at Priceville and Television City, for the hard work they do day in and day out in pulling things together;
  • The models - regulars Lanisha Cole, Phire Dawson, Gwendolyn Osborne, Rachel Reynolds, Brandi Sherwood, Shane Stirling (we're glad you're back!) and Gabrielle Tuite, along with newcomers Tamiko Nash and (Washington State's own) Amber Lancaster - for adding their own style, beauty and personality to the proceedings. A better group you won't find anywhere;
  • Drew Carey, who has taken on the daunting task of following a legend, and while he still has some polishing to do, he's delivered.
  • and, lastly, outgoing producer Roger Dobkowitz. We are losing a major cog in this show after 36 years of service. With the number of new game shows hitting the market, perhaps he might find a new sandbox to play in. Or, maybe he'll just enjoy some quality time for a while. Whatever the case, we will never forget what you contributed. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Oh, almost forgot. Fingers. We all wish Kathy Greco the best of luck as she takes over as producer for Price Season 37. All we can hope for is that Price continues to be the entertaining hour we expect it to be. Two months from now, we'll see what the future holds. In the meantime, there's the repeats.

With that, keep the faith, remember the sunscreen, and until sometime in September or so when the new season launces, having accomplished the somewhat swift completion is appointed rounds, Price Season 36 is adjourned, sine die. See you in September (or so), folks!

...and then, there were none.

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:02:22 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/17/2008
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 03:00:33 PM »
Boy, the final playing of Check-out this season almost had a LOSS, but nope! Nice win on Pathfinder!

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:08:26 PM »
I think that was one of the more luckier playings of Check-out there with a difference of 2 cents. Another exacta in Pathfinder this season (if you include primetime) and we had Christopher's head blurred. Was expecting more from this show, but we still had some very memorable moments. See you all in September or whenever season 37 starts.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »
A great show to finish off this season, a season of many changes and getting-used-to. A funny, entertaining show. Drew was on his game, one of his best shows of the season. An awesome exacta in Pathfinder, a close call that nobody expected in Check-Out, a close showcase, and a blurred contestant! A great way to end Season 36.

And now, to the tune of REM ...

"It's the end of the Price as we know it!"

Disclaimer : The above is merely a satire. I do not believe that Price will be totally butchered. Like Joe, I'm optimistic. I'm just trying to have fun! ;)

And a special note to Joe : It's another great season of recaps, and it's always very great to read you, whether to see what I missed, or just relive the moment. Thanks for everything, and I'll read you again in September!

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:57 PM »
Pushover - Missed it by one number!  Ouch! :cry:
Pathfinder - Mistake-free Pathfinder!  Awesome! :biggrin:
One Wrong Price - Good job! :-)
Check Out - Phew!  That was a close one! :o  Fortunately, it was 2 cents under $2.00!
That's Too Much! - How painful! :cry:  Kristine should've listened to the audience and not to her daughter.
Squeeze Play - Too bad! :-(  I figured the 6 needed to come out of the price.

Overall, a pretty good show, IMHO.  I can't wait to see what Season 37 holds.  I mean, I'll still miss Roger Dobkowitz, but I still can't wait for next season.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
I'm surprised that we didn't get a Big 3 game played today, ya know?  However, I'm sure with Fingers now at the helm, we'll see one possibly on next season's premiere week, if there are pricing games left... (being optimistic).

On a lighter note, that Mercury Milan STILL hasn't been won??!?  As well as an exacta on Pathfinder.  Oh well, at least Drew's favorite SP (Do-Nu-Matic) showed up in a showcase lol . 

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 03:29:33 PM »
While I don't think Roger Dobkowitz knew about his imminent dismissal until after the final "cut" had been uttered, it would have been nice to tell him ahead of time, then assemble a final showcase skit in his honor.

Then again, that might not have been such a good idea, given that the show crew would have probably figured out what was going on and the last show would be marred with re-takes and cuts (because they emotionally couldn't get through it).

Am looking forward to the season stats.

And yes, I agree with JC — while Drew Carey still has work to do, he's performed admirably. To Drew's critics and hard-core Bob Barker folks, I'd say, just remember that Bob at one time was young and inexperienced, too; I'm sure he had some "Truth or Consequences" moments from his early days on the show that he'd likely rather forget. And so were all of us at our 9-to-5 jobs (e.g., perhaps making a big mistake that we'd like to forget about), or in our teen-aged years, such as saying something to a potential boy/girlfriend that turns him/her off, etc. ... and so it goes. The thing you do is laugh at your mistakes, try to learn from them and move on ... at least that's what I've seen Drew do.

Excitedly looking forward to what Season 37 has in store.

Brian

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
Great to see a Carolina shirt! It was just for you, Armadillo. :lol:

Tough to see all the losses today. Roger tried his best to make it a successful season finale, but some contestants just wouldn't oblige.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Thomas
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline jhuhn

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
A fun way to end the season, with a silly shopper that ended up winning, a successful Pathfinder without a miss, a player that forgot about the 99 rule in Squeeze Play and a contestant that was given a bum steer by her daughter in That's Too Much.  Guess many audience members knew about the Mercury Milan.

So we expect to see a new pricing game called Gas Money for next season, but do you suppose they might add Shot In The Dark, Tower Of Money and Master Price somewhere down the road?

...and don't forget that during the 37th season, remember to pick up a copy of The Price Is Right on PC, Nintendo DS, or on the Wii featuring Rich Fields.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:38:53 PM by jhuhn »

Offline studio33

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 03:37:35 PM »
Trip Report

Arrived in line around 5am. Around 60 or so in front of us. Nothing to note while waiting in line... oh, other than a hooker tried to commit suicide by collapsing in the middle of Beverly Blvd! Several people in line ran to her and dragged her out of the street. Police /paramedics arrived in short order. These girls in front of us videotaped the whole thing. Yeah, nice vacation video... :roll:

Received numbers 3 and 4 for the 4pm taping. Pretty straight-forward processing. It was my first time back since they started taking photos and the page who was taking them was pretty laid back and droll. None of the pages really stood out like Chuck used to. Stan might remember me now since he asked how many time's I've been. I think it's 8 or 9 in total. Recently, Drew's first taping and one show for the week they added shows at the last minute and were hurting for audiences and now the final taping of the season. He threw me a loop and asked me what I was going to do that weekend!

Number 2 in line Erik had been to tapings in the days before and noted how mellow this crowd was in comparison. When we were on the benches outside the studio, we started to cheer as people left their interview to try and get some energy up. Worked for a little bit although the wave did manage to catch on a few times. Once everyone was in the studio the energy did pick up and it was a good crowd. Erik asked if I was on any of the message boards and I stated golden-road.net. I asked him if he was and he answered he could 'neither confirm nor deny.' Hi Erik if you're reading this!

Christopher and Erik's energy carried the loading process and made it a lot of fun. Roger was watching from stage left for quite a while. Noticed the new producer's booth and found out later it wasn't particularly liked by the staff. It was funny to watch Kathy open and shut her window! Rich's warm-up was pretty much the same it's always been.

THE SHOW
Christopher was called! Good for him. I was amazed that the audience did not sit down right away after the first item up for bids was revealed. I think it was during the bidding that Jeff motioned for everyone to sit down. There were no stop downs although Drew was surprised it was taking so long to set up a game. I believe it was One Wrong Price but I could be mistaken. Rich swallowed during the plugs during One Wrong Price and that made Drew and crew laugh. It was picked up as the audience was exiting of course. We actually saw them tow the trailer from Pushover into the studio while we were waiting for security check. We had no idea it was that much!!  Drew didn't chit chat too much with the audience but rather told stories. He only signed one autograph which was interesting since at the first taping he was deluged with requests.

Drew has a nice report with Adam. Just before coming back from break Drew said the famous 'the price is wrong, Prizes' line which is why laughs can be heard. Pathfinder was expertly played. Check Out was won because Erik and I were screaming and motioning $1. The contestant listened to us and thanked us when he was filling out his paperwork. The audience was clearly screaming the right point to stop for That's Too Much but she obviously went with her daughter. Drew gave the contestant and daughter and good ribbing during the break along the lines of 'I could have won a car but...'  Christopher finally got on stage! Erik and I are clearly signaling for him to remove the 6 but he went with the audience. A tough loss...

During the setup for the showcase showdown, we asked Christopher if he won his showcase if we could come on stage with him. He agreed. What a nice guy!!  I was worried we had jinxed his chances for making it to the showcase but he made it through! I knew immediately he would get the first showcase and was tallying prices in my head. We agreed he should go with 15500. Christopher looked out to us and we were signaling that bid with our fingers. When I saw the second showcase bid I thought she was waaay under. When the revealed her ARP and it was so close I was a little worried. Then they revealed Christopher's. I couldn't believe it. He won! For the first and probably only time in my life I was going to be on the stage of the Studio 33 to celebrate helping someone win their showcase!!!!  We ran up onto the stage and being a techie I was a little more interested in looking at the behind the scenes elements of the set. Local 33 was striking the car set from the other showcase. Erik and I talked to Drew during the credits. Sadly we don't appear at all on the broadcast version. Hopefully on the video on cbs.com. Before we knew it were walking off of the stage.

POST SHOW
As the audience was unloading Scott was standing nearby so I snagged an autograph in Stan's book. Scott's first signing! Then I got Rich's. As we started to leave Roger appeared. I asked him for an autograph as well and struck up a brief chat. I did make a point to let him know how many of you have enjoyed the game line-ups recently and he seemed pleased by that. He said he could mix it up like adding Lucky 7 to the second half because Bob didn't want to wait for the additional set-up time to stage the car. I asked him if they were going to change the set for the next season and he said yes but he wouldn't tell me because that would be a spoiler! Roger pointed out he wanted to make the show genuinely entertaining and fun as it's ever been. I shook his hand and thanked him for his time. The page finally shooed us out. To know that I was the last 'loyal friend and true' of the show to chat with Roger inside the studio is humbling. Thank you again Roger for your time and everything you've done for the show. You will be missed greatly.

Funny how they manifest it's self, but dreams do come true.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »
An okay season finale, though I was expecting a little more. Although I was half expecting a Big Three game and Plinko, Roger sure threw us a curveball in his final show.  Very nice wins in Pathfinder and Check-Out (lowballing that last GP really helped!)  It was also nice to see the doughnut maker show up in the Showcase.

OVERALL: 3/5.

I am anxious for what next season will hold. I also remain optimistic, for the sake of everyone still involved with the show.  Who knows...maybe next season will actually be halfway decent. At least we don't have too terribly long to wait.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 03:43:37 PM »
 :cry:I t's the end of an era.  :cry: We'll miss ya, Dob.

Today's lineup was somewhat lackluster.

Pathfinder was awesome, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Roger did have it set up for a pretty easy win.

Check Out: Talk about comeback of the year.Thomas' pricing the Gold Bond at 1.00 squeezed him a win.

Squeeze Play: Y'know it would have seen somewhat a fitting conclusion if Barker's Bargain Bar had been played.

Was it me or did anyone else find Christopher's shirt distasteful about being the first to be blurred out?

As far as next season goes: I am not optimistic.

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 03:44:24 PM »
This was a great show to end the season and one to remember as the end of Price as we know it. We heard some great music cues today, and Drew even pointed out the 1972 electric keyboard variation on the main theme!

Was I the only one who was caught off-guard by Drew's comment before commercial, "This is my last show of the season." For a moment, I almost thought he was announcing his departure because of the way he started the sentence, and it was kept secret.

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »
Seems like everyone was on the ball for this season finale; from Drew to the contestants to the guy who managed to get in that blur there!  It was certainly a hectic season, but everyone (well, almost everyone) made it out alright and Drew improved greatly since his first episode.

But now starts the long wait for Sunday…
So long!

Offline crazypackersfan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • There... are... four... lights!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »
I too was surprised when I heard Drew start out with "This is my last show..."

That's Too Much was a prime example of why contestants need to pay attention to the prices and not the audience... there was an incredibly small gap between the final two revealed prices, and little chance that the car's price would have fit in there. Squeeze Play topped it off, although that one wasn't as obvious.

Now we wait and we wonder, if this was the final time we'll see 6 pricing games and 2 showcases in an episode...