Author Topic: *SPOILERS* Confirmed Season 37 changes and non changes  (Read 153905 times)

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: *SPOILERS* Confirmed Season 37 changes and non changes
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »
Folks, I'm not trying to be Mr. Negativity here..but just because many of the changes that have been discussed were not seen in this episode does not mean that those changes are not going to be implemented.  Trust me, I am as glad right now as the rest of you that the changes for now are mostly cosmetic.  But..I would caution you all before you start believing that no more changes are coming.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 07:37:28 PM »
Well, right now looks like a mo' money upgrade basically.

More on the wheel, more in the games (Punchy, I'm looking at you).
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38:11 PM »
Whew.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm fully expecting more things that we'll be much, much less happy about to come down the line later in the season.  There's only so much you can do in 18 days.  But for now, whew.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38:39 PM »
As I already suggested when this whole thing broke out, those of you who "swore" the show was going to eliminate the showcase round as we know it, go to 4 pricing games, do away with the onebids, and basically gave up on the show must be feeling pretty foolish right about now, huh?  

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »
Folks, I'm not trying to be Mr. Negativity here..but just because many of the changes that have been discussed were not seen in this episode does not mean that those changes are not going to be implemented.  Trust me, I am as glad right now as the rest of you that the changes for now are mostly cosmetic.  But..I would caution you all before you start believing that no more changes are coming.

Not to be a nay-sayer, but would it really make sense for Fremantle to change the whole format of the show in the middle of a season? The color changes to the wheel will look weird enough (though I don't really mind), imaging changing the whole format?

Oh, about the wheel? Am I the only one who thinks that they painted it, and realized it looked awful? ;)

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »

It would make no sense for them to tape shows for the second week of the season in the old format and then do a complete change for the premiere week.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
As I already suggested when this whole thing broke out, those of you who "swore" the show was going to eliminate the showcase round as we know it, go to 4 pricing games, do away with the onebids, and basically gave up on the show must be feeling pretty foolish right about now, huh?  

No.

Believe me, I wish I did.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline fp2008

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »

Yeah, a lot of people on these boards greatly exaggerated the changes but were so off.

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »
Honestly, I would not have said what I said in my first post unless I had good reason to believe otherwise.  Also, like Steve said earlier, how much change can you implement..set and otherwise..in 18 days?

Offline Master Shake

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »
Amazing.

You were all (getting upset) over nothing.

The rest of the message was unnecessary and rude.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:50:42 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline ABBA

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »
I knew there wouldn't be any drastic changes. I think people got very worried about what could'v been. And I hope that there won't be any changes later in the season.

Offline Willman14

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
Perhaps the changes are going to be implemented to the primetime version of PIR? That would certainly be plausible if CBS wanted to make PIR a heavy hitter in prime time (not that it wasn't already).

At least that way, the daytime show would always be preserved....

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »
This sounds awesome, thanks Corbin!  ;-)

GRRR Enzo and cu: still up to making our pilgrimage next spring?  :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
*big sigh* this takes the load off big time. i got my cousin into watching it last week and when he found out wat the possible changes were gonna be he didnt like them either. it looks like i will still be able to make it for my 18th bday :biggrin:

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »
Amazing.

You were all (getting upset) over nothing.

Rudeness deleted

I love when people go on fan boards and say the posters there have no lives...Guess the people who go to their sites and heckle them must not have one either!

I'm satisfied for now, but still taking a "wait and see" approach before getting completely comfortable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:51:35 PM by temptation1979ga »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won