Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 20--THE END  (Read 23978 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 20--IUFB #3
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2006, 07:05:04 PM »
All right.  And the trumpet has to be at least $1805 in order for you to win all four prizes... is it?!

[color=0000FF]*Image deleted.[/color]

[color=FF0000]bonk![/color]

No, it's $1790, and you're $15 short.

The toilet did you in, I'm afraid.  The toilet that... actually, had it actually been $1350, and not $1315, you would have won, with $4720.  So, as much as kinda' don't want to, looks like I am anyway:  you win!

[color=009900]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

I guess you wound up out-Franking me anyway, since if you had picked the fountain, I could've gotten away without the technical win, since at $1350 or $1315, it wouldn't have been enough.

I think Shopping Spree is cursed on these forums or something:  so completely 100% not intentional on my part here.  If I don't make the same mistake others have made, I found a new mistake to make.  What else is there?  Pricing game #3--hopefully mistake free--next.

And now Rich, another player, if you please.

Rich:  Another player you will get, one named Pathfinder2119, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And take your spot, Pathy, and here comes the lovely Dian with the next item up for bids.

Rich:  And the lovely Dian is bringing on out a really, really fancy bowl.  From Baccarat, this crystal architecture bowl is 5.5 inches tall by 8.625 inches wide.

Pathy, start us off.

[color=009900]Pathfinder2119[/color]
[color=FF0000]Jordanar18[/color]
[color=0000FF]Brewer[/color]
[color=FF9900]Jordan7[/color]

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2006, 09:41:35 PM »
Reminds me of that Shopping Spree playing that Carlos told me about in which there was more than one winning combo.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2006, 09:42:10 PM »
Wow! I think that's the third time there's been a Shopping Spree blooper win on these forums! It's good that I'm not definitely not alone anymore. :-D Anyway, I'll bid $900.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2006, 10:20:41 PM »
Yeah... I didn't want to declare a win right away, since even though Fireball picked the cheapest prize, he still could've legitimately lost if he had picked the fountain, since even using the $1350 price, it wouldn't have been enough to go over $4700.

Ah well.  It is what it is.  Cursed.  Shopping Spree is just cursed.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2006, 10:36:36 PM »
Hey -- when I first played Spree, Gatorman lost without a hitch!  :-D

If it's really, really fancy, I'll say $1500.

Online Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 11:05:41 PM »
I think I'm going to play Shopping Spree on my next show: If it does get all frazzed up, I'll know it's cursed!  :-)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2006, 11:17:15 PM »
BRB_TheFireball wrote:

Bulldog is right--the setup is evil.

Well, you bested Frank on that one Fireball!  Congratulations; by the way, you owe me some root beer!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

CrimsonViper wrote:

What a contradictory statement. The only time "Bulldog" and "right" should appear in the same sentence is when "is not" is inserted between.

Viper, just because I'm wrong in the forums 50% of the time doesn't mean I can't do something right for the other 50%.  

(shouting from his spot in the audience)
Hey Brewer:  Bid $1650!!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2006, 12:14:13 AM »
I had a typo in my Spree as well, but it was caught fast enough to not affect gameplay, and Fireball won anyways.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

Joe_Mello wrote:
I had a typo in my Spree as well, but it was caught fast enough to not affect gameplay, and Fireball won anyways.

Oh yeah, that's right!  I played Shopping Spree on your classic 6-for-6 episode, and I remembered that the sailboard had a wrong price on it.

That's weird... Shopping Spree has been messed up three times in PA and I played two of them.  Maybe I'm the one who's cursing Shopping Spree in the PA forum...  :-P  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Brewer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »
I'm gonna listen to the audience and bid $1650.

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 06:24:53 PM »
(from my seat in the audience)

Jordan7, BID $1651!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »
$1651

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 20--PG #3
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »
In the future, could we please please refrain from shouting advice from the audience during items up for bids?  That's been an unwritten rule on the board for ages, mostly because, unlike other parts of the show, someone will always win, and it's kinda' unfair to other people in contestants' row who aren't directly next, considering how the message board thing works.  Thank you.  As usual, though, feel free to shout out advice at other points in the show!

Anyway, the bids:

[color=009900]Pathfinder2119:  $900[/color]
[color=FF0000]Jordanar18:  $1500[/color]
[color=0000FF]Brewer:  $1650[/color]
[color=FF9900]Jordan7:  $1651[/color]

And the actual retail price of the bowl is...

$1932, and Jordan wins!  Jordan7, specifically, since we have two.  And Jordan, I want you to just stand right next to me.  We won't be going over to the big doors, or over to the turntable... 'cause we don't have a physical prize to show you, per sé.  But Rich does have some great news to share with you, though, don't you Rich!

Rich:  I do!  Oh Jordan, Jordan, Jordan!  You are going to play Plinko, for a chance to win up to $25,000!

And let us go over to the Plinko board, and allow me to give you a Plinko chip!

With this one chip, you could win $5000, without even having to do anything right in this game!  But I'm a nice enough guy, so I will give you a chance to win four more Plinko chips, and you could win $5000 with each of those.  That's $20,000, and with your free Plinko chip, another $5000, and you could win $25,000 here!

Now, with the other four Plinko chips there are prizes, and you have to win those to win the Plinko chips.  For each prize you win, you get another Plinko chip, so even if you don't really care about the prizes themselves, it is in your best interest to win these anyway.  Now Rich, please tell us about the first prize.

Rich:  The jWIN mini stereo system is small enough to fit in a lot of tight spaces, while still being able to hold three CDs, an audio cassette, and still playing all your favorite radio stations, and there they are, Frank!

Now, even though the price shows $74, it is not correct.  But either the 7 is the first number in the price, or the 4 is the last number in the price.  Tell me correctly which number is right, and you win that stereo, and more importantly, another Plinko chip!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »
Just to be honest with you, I didn't take CampDaddy90's advice, mainly because I didn't even see he made a suggestion, as there was only 35 seconds between our posts. I saw Brewer's bid of $1650, and my instinct was to bid $1651 in the first place. My page was on the Reply page for about a minute, actually thinking over my bid. So don't be mad at CampDaddy90 for shouting out a bid which I didn't see, and don't think I cheated by taking his advice, which I never saw anyway. I went with my own instinct.

Sorry for my babbling. As for the system, I'll say the 4.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »
It's OK, Jordan.  Even if you did take his advice, it isn't cheating.  Just something I'll probably start mentioning at the sign-up posts from now on, though.

Anyway, the last number is 4...

[color=009900]ding![/color]

Right!  It's $94, and you win another chip, and now for another.

Rich:  From Cuisinart, the SCO-60 deluxe can opener is made from stainless steel.

The can opener is not $85, is the first number 8, or the last number 0?