Author Topic: Robert's TPIR -- Viewer's Choice! -- Results + GOODBYE (plus request as usual)  (Read 36998 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
IMPORTANT:  Please read my reply several posts down in this thread for a very important change to the signup process that you should be aware of!

Hello gang!  I have another show fresh outta my brain and ready to go!

Well.....actually, it's not exactly 100% ready.  I need your help.........I need you to give me suggestions for 4 of the PGs (you only need 1 in your post, although you may include more if you wish).  I've come up with the 1st 2 PGs (and the 1st 2 are surprises.....somewhat + a NEW pricing game of sorts).

What I'm looking for in your suggestions is this.......

A PG with something out of the ordinary....examples:

Half Off played with grocery items instead of small prizes
Grand Game played with small prizes instead of grocery items
Pick-a-Number for a car
etc.

If you like my examples so bad you wanna suggest 'em, by all means feel free to.  As I said, I'll take 4 of 'em

However, your suggestions aren't the only thing I'm looking for when you sign up.........

I'm gonna pull a CrimsonViper and do a quizzer to determine who becomes contestants on my PIR.  This quiz isn't 100% PIR related, but the answers should be easy to find if you're good enough about browsing the site(s) and profiles.  All answers are either on G-R.net in my previous shows, in my profile, easily searchable on Google, or in any websites I have in my profile.  Submit your answers IN A PRVIATE MESSAGE to me!  You must also follow up your submission with a signup post with a PG suggestion in order to be considered.

BTW, whoever scores the most points gets to be on.....if there's a tie, ties go to the 1st person who submitted their answers (and then the next, etc. for each person tied with the same score).

1.  Do I live north or south of Atlanta?
2.  What's the most expensive prize I've offered in any of my shows (counting PGs and showcases)?
3.  Who's my favorite:  Nascar Nextel Cup driver, Nascar Busch Series, driver, and Nascar Craftsman Truck Series driver?  (you must give me the names)
4.  In college, what major am I going for as of right now?
5.  Name 2 commercials that I just flat out can't stand.
6.  (Easy point)  What is the studio # of the Bob Barker Studio?
7.  The hardest of all -- and you get no hints, either:  The new PG that I'm gonna play in this show.....is based on another game show but modified to include pricing of products.......what show?

So, when you sign up, gimme your PG suggestions (must include at least 1 that hasn't been posted already with the exception of my examples) in a REPLY to this post AND the answers to these questions IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE.  You don't have to come up with all 7 answers if you don't want to (thing to keep in mind if it's close to the deadline for signups to end).  You can be risky if you want and intentionally not get all of the points to get on later in the show for any certain reason....but you also risk not getting on at all.

Signup deadline:  48 hours as of the timestamp of this post (longer because of the questions and taking time to look up the answers).  I may expand deadline at discretion.

Other rules to keep in mind:

You won't get reminders when called to c'mon down or do anything else.  It's your responsibility to keep an eye on this thread.  As I've said millions of times in the past, easy way to be kept up to date on the thread is to subscribe to this thread and have the new post reminders sent to your PM box or email.

Big change compared to my last 2 shows.......you STILL get 24 hours to act as usual......HOWEVER......you are allowed ONE 24-hour "extension" -- it kicks in automatically when I buzz you after the original time limit has passed.  I may make an exception to this rule as I see fit.

If you use up your extension and you still don't act (whether it's in the same segment or not)....

in the IUFB = EJECTED (no 2 timeouts this time)
in a PG = Auto-loss
in a SCSD = EJECTED

If you're gonna be away during my show.....let me know.  I reserve the right to replace you if you're in contestant's row and are gonna be away for a few days.  However, you will still be eligible to be called back down and play.

For anything else not listed.....I reserve the right to do whatever is necessary....and I'll try to be fair about it if at all possible.

If you have any questions about my rules (or my show).......ask me.

Good luck everyone and have fun on the scavenger hunt for those answers!

Offline Aaron A. Camp

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Robert's TPIR -- Viewer's Choice! -- SIGNUPS!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »
My suggestions:

Cliff Hangers played with grocery items with a 250-cent mountain, Pathfinder played for a ski boat, Danger Price played for luxury suites at 4 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series races in 2007 (Daytona, Charlotte, Indianapolis, and Bristol), and Take Two played with two-digit prizes for a car.

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:12:40 PM »
Wow.  Major negative points for not reading the whole post.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:26:17 PM »
I have a suggestion, and I'll message it to you.....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline ucb2912

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »
Count me in!

I have 2 suggestions: 1) Hole In One using small prizes, and 2) Cliffhangers played for 3 prizes, but with no small prizes- Instead, you have to guess the prices of the prizes you are playing for, with a $5000 mountain.

PM with answers has been sent.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 05:07:52 PM »
I'm in!  And here are my unconventional PG picks:

1. Punchy with grocery products
2. Take Two for four trips
3. Safey for a car
4. Bucky with small prizes and something that isn't a car
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Robert's TPIR -- Viewer's Choice! -- SIGNUPS! - IMPORTANT NOTICE!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 10:46:11 AM »
Ok guys......it doesn't look like we're gonna get the necessary players before the 48 hours expire.

Sooooooo.......

The questions and suggestions are now OPTIONAL!

That means you may now post "I wanna play" and that's it.

HOWEVER, people who provide PG suggestions and PM me answers to the questions will get selection preference over the ones who just posted "I'll play".

So, basically, it's open to everyone, questions and suggestions are optional (but do take note of my notice above).

Deadline has been extended another 24 hours.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Robert's TPIR -- Viewer's Choice! -- SIGNUPS! -- IMPORTANT UPDATE!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 10:57:13 AM »
Oh, yeah, I was going to sign-up for this, so here I am.

Suggestions:

Punch a Bunch using the "True/False" SP pricing method
Grocery Game with a $28.50-$30.00 range
Make Your Move with a car, and 2 2-digit prices.
Lucky Seven with $100 bills

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 12:10:34 PM »
Count me in!

OK, here are my PG Suggestions:

1. Five Price Tags using Higher-Lower pricing format
2. Pathfinder using True-False pricing format should contestant make a mistake
3. Plinko using a Higher-Lower pricing format
4. Golden Road with the TENS DIGIT missing in every prize
5. Safe Crackers with no zeros as digits
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 07:32:21 PM »
I will sign up. My suggestions:

Pathfinder/Secret X using higher/lower method.
Range Game's Range extended to $200 or $250
Card game's starting bid at $14000
Joker with a free pick
Magic # starting at $1000

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:16 PM »
Ok guys, since we had the hacking and all that crap.....

I'm extending the deadline until Sunday at 12.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006, 01:55:21 PM »
Love to play in your show.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »
I'm in!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Robert's TPIR -- Viewer's Choice! -- SIGNUPS! -- Need TWO more people!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 11:47:47 AM »
Ok gang -- I'm in need of *2* more players before I can start this show.......

(yes, there's a reason why I need 2 more instead of 1)

So, I'll extend the deadline until we have 2 people (or more if more slip in before I close signups after we get 2 more).

Remember.......the questions and PG suggestions are optional.....however, the ones who submit PG suggestions and answer my quiz questions get selection preference and will be called earlier in the show than those who just posted "I wanna play".

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »
Alright, I'll join.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."