Author Topic: What game is easiest to win with a specific strategy but no pricing knowledge?  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
OK.  I did a spot check of the last 20 playings of Coming or Going.  The W/L ratio was 6-14.  In looking at the prices, there were definitely some cases where the setup was "easy", and others not so much.  Just for grins...

4397(WIN)         6579(LOSS 9756)   5868(LOSS 8685)
6713(WIN)         4827(WIN)         5126(LOSS 6215)
9627(WIN)         5597(LOSS 7955)   4368(WIN)
4953(LOSS 3594)   5924(LOSS 4295)   5868(LOSS 8685)
5984(LOSS 4895)   8936(LOSS 6398)   7743(LOSS 3477)
5868(LOSS 8685)   6648(WIN)         5944(LOSS 4495)
2753(LOSS 3572)   8245(LOSS 5428)

If you look at some of the correct prices on LOSS games, you will see some easy setups - 4495,4295, 6398 all "look right" compared to their alternate prices.  Others were just tough setups - 4953, 2753, 6579 are not very "friendly". 

So to answer the original question, the game has been lost alot just due to the contestants overlooking the more "obvious" price, combined with the occasional tough setup.  But we probably could have guessed that already!!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
Thanks Ton80.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
If I remember correctly, a lot of them were extremely obvious, and the contestants always chose the less obvious looking one. Most of the time, if it ended in a 5 or 0, it should've been the price picked. There were only a few playings in which that would not have been the correct price.
Actually, a price in Coming or Going would never end in a 0 since the alternative would be having a price start with 0.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Oops! I wasn't thinking when I said that. But that would then be a really easy Coming or Going setup... :lol:
Signatures are overrated.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
I would say Bonkers would be an easy game to win if you are quick enough and can make enough changes.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
I would say Bonkers would be an easy game to win if you are quick enough and can make enough changes.

Agreed. All you have to do is look at the false price and then breakdown the odds from there whether the actual number is higher or lower.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
OK.  I did a spot check of the last 20 playings of Coming or Going.  The W/L ratio was 6-14.  In looking at the prices, there were definitely some cases where the setup was "easy", and others not so much.  Just for grins...

Wow...when the correct price did not end in 5, the game was 6-6.  Exactly as you'd expect for a crapshoot when contestants are picking practically randomly.

But when the price does end in 5....0-8??  0-for-#$%^&*ing-8!?!?!
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Joe

• In the Audience
If we are including retired games, then it is just as easy to win "something" in Give or Keep as it is in Temptation.

I imagine there are also pretty good odds that one would win something in Plinko.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
If we are including retired games, then it is just as easy to win "something" in Give or Keep as it is in Temptation.

I imagine there are also pretty good odds that one would win something in Plinko.

Like I said, Give and Keep and Finish Line, you get to keep whatever SPs you choose.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
But when the price does end in 5....0-8??  0-for-#$%^&*ing-8!?!?!

First off, Ton, thanks for the CoG research!  Awesome!

Looking further at the 5's, there were 9 times that a price could have ended in 5 based on the numbers given.  8 of them, the price ending in 5 was right; once, the 5 needed to go at the beginning.  So guess when the one time was when a contestant picked the 5 at the end of the price?  Yup, the one time it was wrong.  Wow.  Or to take from Army's post:

Wo-#$%^&*ing-w!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
IMO, I think the easiest multi-prize game to play is Race Game. Suppose you have two right on one turn; you go back and switch the two wrong prices, and get an easy win. I'd say that 99% of the time, I know exactly where the four price tags go.