Author Topic: What game is easiest to win with a specific strategy but no pricing knowledge?  (Read 7620 times)

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row

Oh wait!  There is a 100% chance of "winning" somewhere between $2500 - $6000 worth of cash and/or prizes when playing Temptation!
(As long as you don't risk it for the car!)

I would think Temptation is the easiest to win something without any pricing knowledge. 

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Temptation is the easiest to win something without any pricing knowledge, but not the easiest to win. I would say that Clock Game would be the easiest.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
All this math is starting to make my head spin. 

Me too, but it's interesting to note these percentages are indeed close to the accurate percentages. 

Offline jharvey79

• Walking the Golden Road
This may be strange, but I think the game Double Prices would be easy to win.  I am not saying that because it is always at least a 50/50 chance, but sometimes one of the prices looks more obvious to me.  If the prices were 3850 and the other was 4684, I would say the 3850 because like the Ten Chances rule, it seems to show up in this game a lot, too.
Will Plinko ever be won???

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
This may be strange, but I think the game Double Prices would be easy to win.  I am not saying that because it is always at least a 50/50 chance, but sometimes one of the prices looks more obvious to me.  If the prices were 3850 and the other was 4684, I would say the 3850 because like the Ten Chances rule, it seems to show up in this game a lot, too.

Or if the prize is a pair of motorcycles, I would always choose 4298 over 3955 for basic math reasons.  (Yes, we've had the discussion before how not every "pair" of prizes ends in an even number, but the vast majority of them do)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
What about the 20/30/40 rule in Cliff Hangers?  By bidding those, you should be able to win, as the prizes always increase.

Also, odds are good on Safe Crackers.  Zero is always last, meaning it's pretty much a 50:50.
1,670 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
Quote from: Plinkoman
What about the 20/30/40 rule in Cliff Hangers?
I'd love to see the statistics on that strategy.  I can't remember the last time the 20/30/40 rule would have resulted in a loss.

(I'm sure somebody will tell me!)
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
Coming or Going is probably an easy game too, as one of the price is usually way off.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
It'd seem to be a rather easy game, but if I'm not mistaken, it's had an absolutely miserable record lately...or at one point this past season...for some reason.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
It'd seem to be a rather easy game, but if I'm not mistaken, it's had an absolutely miserable record lately...or at one point this past season...for some reason.

Well that stinks.

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner

For a game that should be 50/50, Coming or Going was a pathetic 9-18 (33%) at the end of the season, with 3 wins in the last 5 playings.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
For a game that should be 50/50, Coming or Going was a pathetic 9-18 (33%) at the end of the season, with 3 wins in the last 5 playings.

That is pathetic. I wonder why such a low win rate.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
Quote from: TPIR1990
I wonder why such a low win rate.

Contestants choosing the wrong price??

:-D

(Sorry - I really could not resist!!)
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right
Contestants choosing the wrong price??

:-D

(Sorry - I really could not resist!!)

Thanks Sherlock. haha

I know that, but I mean like what were the prices? Did Dob purposely make them hard?

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
I know that, but I mean like what were the prices? Did Dob purposely make them hard?

If I remember correctly, a lot of them were extremely obvious, and the contestants always chose the less obvious looking one. Most of the time, if it ended in a 5 or 0, it should've been the price picked. There were only a few playings in which that would not have been the correct price.
Signatures are overrated.