Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/10/2006  (Read 16424 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/10/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 05:58:49 PM »
Show #6379
Happy 12th birthday Side-by-Side!

Showcase #1
Jewelry Impressions 14 Karat white gold diamond necklace - $1,935
Little Guy Five Wide Trailer - $5,195
Mediterranean Cruise - $9,758

Showcase #2
Archery Set - $221
Dell Computer (80GB Hard Drive, 512 MB RAM, CD/DVD Combo Drive, and a quality color printer) - $1,108
Dodge Charger - $23,489

Modeling Report for May 10, 2006
Score to beat: $61,313

Shane Stirling
Total - $57,603
Won - $7,347 (12.75%)
Lost - $50,256 (87.25%)
Record - 8-3

Phire Dawson
Total - $15,878
Won - $14,770 (93.02%)
Lost - $1,108 (6.98%)
Record - 6-1

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $33,721
Won - $19,275 (57.16%)
Lost - $14,446 (42.84%)
Record - 4-4

All 25 prizes today totaled $106,313!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: DISCUSSION (Recap to come) - TPiR 05/10/2006
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 05:58:56 PM »
Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Make Your Move- That was just awful. Of course, Bob made a bad moment hilarious, like usual. :-)

Cliff Hangers- Lucy talking to Hans was hilarious. "Don't you go far! NO!!! STOP!!! YES!!!!!!" :lol:

Card Game- Shame, shame... stopping at $15K in Card Game? You just can't do that anymore.

Showcase Showdown #2- How about that? Three $1K wins today. Pretty nice.

Showcase- Wow, who would've thought Ginger's apparent lowball on the cruise would turn out to be a great bid?

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Forget a contestant winning it... Bob wins it today. He was hilarious.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Fun show today. Bob was at his best, and the contestants were good, too... Grade: 3

Frank15 wrote:
Apparently I have no idea how cheap Dodge Chargers are.  I overbid on that showcase by more than $10,000.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »
PG #1 - $160 for a dinette set?!  I know it's an Ashley dinette, but not even Ashley crap is that cheap.  The losing horns in place of the usual buzzer was hilarious.

PG #2 - $13.99-$2.49-$12.99... could they make the GP portion of Roll any easier?  Maybe if they put a giant neon sign over the pizza snack saying "I'm the cheapest!"  Ginger, you made a smart move by quitting with $2,500 instead of playing on for the cheapo car.

PG #3 - "It's a Beachcomber!  It's gonna end in 95!  Un-flop that price, Christine!  Good girl!"

PG #5 - Grrr... another Card Game player makes a gross underbid.

One-Bid #6 - Whoever has been assigning the grocery product plugs on today's show has a weird sense of humor.  Picnic gear and cat litter... motorcycle and aspirin... kayak and drain cleaner.

PG #6 - A price like $2,551 in 1WP always sticks out like a sore thumb.  Bring out that neon sign that says "PICK ME!"

Showcases - Oh, no!  A friggin' random trailer and cruise in the same showcase!  :evil:  Yay!  Showcase '83 cue!  :-P  And of course, today's show isn't complete without the obligatory overbid on a Dodge Magnum showcase.

My bids - FRT&CS:  $15,500.  Car:  $24,900. (OUCH!)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 07:21:57 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Make Your Move -- 3:14
Let 'em Roll -- 3:49
Flip Flop -- 1:43
Cliff Hangers -- 2:36
Card Game -- 2:06
One Wrong Price -- 1:38

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »
Make Your Move: That 0 gave me a hint to try moving that for the espresso maker. I knew he had the trip right, but when he moved the dining group to 160: "$160 for a dining group? George, what kind of show do you think this is?!?" It was [adjective] to hear the audience approve of his 160 because they thought it was 1604, then hearing it was 160 and the approvals turned to groans.

Let 'em Roll: I think the vote was unamious to roll again. $2,500 and no new cars? I think I should stop. All I could think was $2,500 in gas money.

Flip Flop: It's a hot tub. I think the price should stay, but I have to move it. The only thing I want to do is Flop to keep the price high. I flopped.

Cliff Hangers: I made the same two guesses as Lucy's that resulted in great play. Thinking back to that $80 toaster, which is only two-slice, I wanted to go high on this one, like $50. Maybe $55-ish to slack.

Card Game: A Chevy Malibu? I would probably stop at around 19000. I would still lose. 15500 is just too low for any car.

I had another hunch that a contestant who made at least one bad/stupid bid will be sent off to the House. This contestant is gonna get tranquilized and tagged on her way there.

One Wrong Price: That TV's about right. The guitars are a little pricey; they might be the ones to pick. They were.

Those One-Bid segments are great. I think those were better than some of the games today.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »
Today's show was just plain awesome.  There's no other way to describe it.  Bob was in absolutely top form -- it was like watching him on an '80s episode.  His jokes about the IUFBs were great, and his reaction at the end of Make Your Move was priceless.

I don't blame Ginger one bit for quitting Let 'em Roll.  If she didn't win, she wasn't likely to do better than $2,500.

Flip Flop was odd...all three prices looked wrong (although $3,495 did look more right than the other ones).

It was pretty cool to see three people get dollars on the Big Wheel.

My first reaction to Card Game:  "Wow, there's an actual chance the contestant might go over today."

My second reaction to Card Game:  "...or maybe she'll have no idea how much a Malibu costs. :-P "
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sullim4

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 10:46:58 PM »
From SteveGavazzi: Today's show was just plain awesome. There's no other way to describe it. Bob was in absolutely top form -- it was like watching him on an '80s episode. His jokes about the IUFBs were great, and his reaction at the end of Make Your Move was priceless.

I agree completely.  This was probably Bob's best episode of the season.  Great sense of humor, solid interaction with contestants, and he didn't seem overly concerned about rushing contestants through the show.  You wonder how badly the tendon was affecting him given what an improvement he's shown since it's been removed.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 11:28:04 PM »
Make Your Move was fugly, luckilly Bob was there to make it fun by turning it into Gong Show '06. I had gone right along with the audience and thought he put $1604 for the dinette (which makes sense sometimes) until Bob centered the slider correctly, and I groaned.

IUFB#2: Polident can clean those wine stains off your dentures. I think I'll bid Yonkers, New York on that wine fridge...

Let 'em Roll: Smart bailout move. Although I probably would've ridden the donkey until he hits the wall(1 car and $500). The grocery prize setup was ludicrously easy as well, so maybe Roger really wanted to unload that red Cobalt.

IUFB#3: Picnic stuff + kitty litter. Priceless. It might come in handy in a crunch, though. Maybe that park bathroom is a tad too nasty...

Flippity-Flop: I would've flopped. And gotten gonged.

SCSD#1 TWO $1,000 winners in a row? Cool.

IUFB#4: LOL that was sick putting the aspirin bonus in with the motorcycles. But hey, if you fall off and bump your coconut, there it is...

Cliffy: Lucy was lots of fun to watch. I would've sent poor Hans up 14 steps on that grater, though, which I thought was $15.

Card Game: Oh dear.

IUFB#6: You can plop that kayak in the tub, then pour in the drain opener, and ride the kayak right down.

One Wrong Price: Thought it was the TV. I keep forgetting that HDTV's keep coming down in price.

SCSD#2: And another $1,000 winner!

Showcases: I went way over on the Charger. I would've bid either $28 or 30,000 on that showcase, and $14,000 on the random trailer/cruise showcase.

This was a fun, offbeat show today  :-D .

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 07:35:31 AM »
My Random Comments:

I was laughing so hard during the show today, mostly for good reasons, too. How long has it been since we've had a loss declared before the reveal?* Bob clearly said that he didn't know the prices... just knew that THOSE were WRONG! :-D

Kingman, Arizona is a very difficult bid to one-up.

I think it's safe to say that Card Game suffers from the Range Game, Geezmo Game "that's too low" syndrome.

If you got hurt on the motorcycle and needed aspirin, you'd have to take several of those. They're low-dose. 8-)

As I said in my CSS recap:

Cruise = Evil.
Itty-Bitty Trailer = Evil.
Cruise + Itty-Bitty Trailer = Oy.

*to be clear, I mean in games where the reveal cues the winning dings or the losing horns.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 11:46:22 AM »
Just take that cat litter on the picnic(in low doses, I heard it tastes kinda gritty!) and you'll be ok. Relax. :-)

Yeah, Bob says he doesn't know the prices but this time clearly he knew it was a loss along with everybody else.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
Today's show was just plain awesome. There's no other way to describe it.

Which is why I'm quoting you.  :-)

Make Your Move: $160?!?  Seriously?  I have a 1957 Bill Cullen TPiR with a $215 dinette.  Even Bob knew.

Let 'Em Roll: Good call on taking the money.

IUFB #3: Perfecto, take kitty litter on your picnic!

Flip Flop: I found this a cinch.

SCSD #1: 2 $1000 winners only makes it better.

IUFB #4: They've got to be a bit more careful grouping the items with the prizes!  :lol:

Cliffhangers: Nice playing and nice pleading, Lucy.   :-)

Card Game: I don't know why Bob was so excited about $2000.  :-( I knew it would be at least $20,000 but casual viewers haven't realized that.

IUFB #6: Another great combo!

One Wrong Price: Easy as 1-2-3 (no pun intended).

SCSD #2: More proof that the wheel's getting too tight.

Showcases:  Boy, better Dodge that cheap Charger (again no pun).