Author Topic: Gas Money Picture  (Read 6873 times)

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Gas Money Picture
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »
Here is a picture I found of the New pricing game "Gas Money":

http://gameshows.about.com/b/

There are no spoilers or anything, just news we already know.

I actually like the look of the game. There's no pastel and it has the pricedown dollar sign behind the name.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Gas Money Picture
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:24:05 PM »
That has to be one of the neatest looking sets in quite some time.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
The review that goes along with the picture seems to me to be right out of a CBS plublicity press release.  After all the show has not been seen yet and it seems to be a "don't worry" plea  to all the fans of the show.   Is it perhaps CBS is worried?

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02:03 PM »
The review that goes along with the picture seems to me to be right out of a CBS plublicity press release.  After all the show has not been seen yet and it seems to be a "don't worry" plea  to all the fans of the show.   Is it perhaps CBS is worried?

Probably not, because this is a blog- she throws in lots of her own observations in entries.

That set looks quite attractive- The Gas Money Prop looks so good against the "new" doors.

Offline JackalopeHunter

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »
The review that goes along with the picture seems to me to be right out of a CBS plublicity press release.

That's because it's straight out of a CBS publicity press release.
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_price_is_right/about/

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
By looking at the picture, it appears to be one of those games that might never be played first (except for the first few playings, to get timing down right) since it would require an audience entrance.  Does anyone know if my guess is correct?

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:13:26 PM »
Taken directly from the article:

"A new game has been added, called Gas Money (pictured). Contestants can win and cash, up to $10,000, by correctly guessing the price of the car from five potential price tags."

This statement instantaneously makes me scared for another game that may have accidentally been referenced within the passage.  After all, aren't some games created to replace others?

I doubt :clipboard: would ever do that, but with the way things have been since Fremantle fired Roger, I'm cautiously optimistic.

On a lighter note, I do agree: that set looks really good.  It seems to be modeled after an old gas pump, which is cool and fits in with the show well, if you ask me.  I love it.  :-D

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 02:43:54 PM »
By looking at the picture, it appears to be one of those games that might never be played first (except for the first few playings, to get timing down right) since it would require an audience entrance.  Does anyone know if my guess is correct?
Seeing as how the show seems to be quite willing to slaughter as many sacred cows as they can get their hands on this summer, it wouldn't surprise me one whit if this game was never played anything but first.  Just to tick off the people who think nothing but Golden Road and (formerly :-/) Three Strikes should get audience entrances.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
That prop sure does look nifty and is probably a candidate for "best Pricing Game prop created in the 2000's".
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
Awesome picture, the set looks really good-sorta '70's ish retro style if you know what I mean. As far as being the "best pricing game prop of the 2000's" it ranks right up there with Stack the Deck's as being the two best of the 2000's. Definitely looking forward to seeing the new game come Monday.

Offline Roadgeek

• In the Audience
    • Home of Carolina Circle Mall
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
Love the Gas Money set. I can't wait to see it in action.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »

I'm wondering myself if the people doing the lineups now are even going to understand why certain games are slotted the way they are -- or aren't slotted in certain spots, for that matter.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline UpsDriverMan

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 04:27:04 PM »
if they dont at first they sure will after a while when shows run so short drew's gonna have to speed talk

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
Pretty gosh darn cool to see the old-time gas station as a set.

And I think it wins best set of the 2000's, hands down.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »
Pretty gosh darn cool to see the **** as a set.

errr.... spoiler?