Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/01/2008  (Read 37354 times)

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/01/2008
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »
After a LONG ordeal with Comcast (ask Steve for the details if you like, ha ha ha)I finally got to watch the show on my own HDTV.

Clock Game: Love those prize backdrops. Drew messed up, but they didnt draw a lot of attention to it and she got the prizes anyway. (As she should)

In the Bag: Smartest move he made all day :-)

3 Strikes: I didn't actually mind that they decided to play this for lower end cars. But for some reason, I was picturing Kia Sephias and Fiestas, not a Mustang! Drew shouldn't have voiced his displeasure with the change on the air- one of my pet peeves about him is when he does that. He's got to learn that there is a time to be honest with the audience, and that wasnt it.

Balance Game: Did not see that coming. What would you do with a hovercraft anyway?

Money Game: I liked Drew's handling of this. It wasnt a ton of forced, over the top drama, just a simple yes-or-no. BUT, he does need to work on when to do that- i feel it was fitting for this game because of how quick it was won.

Double Prices: I STILL like alakazam. So sue me.

Showcases...The prize selection for Port O' Price really sucked. The Writing for both of them sucked. Chase's bid Sucked. I wonder if such things may change when drew takes over writing the showcases. One will have to wait and see.

Also of note: The "New" set looks great in HD.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2008, 02:36:49 PM »
urbanpreppie:

Re: Your statement about the prize selection in the Port O'Price showcase — then again, have the prizes ever been connected in any way?

Brian

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
Why would they change the rules twice this season, and than be a rumor to retire this game?  However,  I do miss the playing for luxury cars.

Simple.  You know when you notice something little wrong with something, and you try to fix it, but something even worse happens?  And when you fix that, something else breaks?  And so on and so forth?  That's what's happening to Three Strikes.

"Three Strikes takes too long!  We need to fix it!  Well, what if we do this....no, that didn't do it.  Let's try changing THIS!...hmm, nope, now it's just plain broken.  What if...oh, to Hell with it, let's just get rid of the damn thing."

Re: Your statement about the prize selection in the Port O'Price showcase — then again, have the prizes ever been connected in any way?

Yes.  They've been connected with the fact that they were all given exactly the same attention.  And by 'exactly the same', I mean 'none'.  At least they're trying do something.  It may suck, but it's better than nothing.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »
On the contrary -- John has more or less implied that it's in danger of being retired.
That's terrible. It's like the show is dying a slow, painful death...

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
A tedious death, you might say.

/Irony!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:39:14 PM by Joe_Capitano »
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2008, 05:35:16 PM »
Im terms of the three strikes thing...
My guess is that it maybe a familiaty thing for long time watchers of the show or that the other two were backups in case of the disk being dropped on the stage for some reason and shattering or maybe it`s all about that word tradition...hard to find one right way to look at it.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2008, 10:05:30 PM »
Yes.  They've been connected with the fact that they were all given exactly the same attention.  And by 'exactly the same', I mean 'none'.  At least they're trying do something.  It may suck, but it's better than nothing.

I don't know about that...the whole point of Showcase themes like Train Depot and Port o' Price is to provide something interesting to distract people from the fact that the prizes aren't all that special.  All the copy in Port o' Price yesterday did was take attention away from both the prizes and Port o' Price.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2008, 02:15:13 AM »
Clock Game: I thought something was a little strange.  First Terrell finished with her bids in the 850s for the first prize, then the clock was stationary for awhile for the 2nd prize!  Still, though, that was some good bidding!

It's in the Bag: Wow, that choice for the $3.99 bag was just awful.  Good thing Chase bailed when he did.

3 Strikes: At first, I thought Yolanda would defy the odds and not draw a single strike.  But then after the 2nd draw, it just went downhill.  Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad, though.  And I really hope it doesn't get retired.  I'd hate to see my favorite game go the way of SuperBall!!

Money Game: Had a feeling the back half was 25.

Showcases: The 1st part of showcase #1 was hilarious!  The 2nd showcase...not so much.  Didn't really like how the Port o' Price theme was butchered.  And we go from A+ bids yesterday to absolutely horrible today.  $6,500!? Maybe in 1983.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2008, 04:22:25 AM »
Drew shouldn't have voiced his displeasure with the change on the air- one of my pet peeves about him is when he does that. He's got to learn that there is a time to be honest with the audience, and that wasnt it.
Maybe not... but what *should* he have done when the audience was booing the new rule?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2008, 12:02:54 PM »
Pointed it out and moved on.

"...and I don't think the audience likes that idea.  But we're going to go through with it -- it may end up working out very well."  (Of course, it wouldn't -- but that's not what you say on the air.)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:52:55 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.