Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/07/2008  (Read 45058 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/07/2008
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
The Price is Right - Oct. 7, 2008
Production #4462K - Taped Aug. 5, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Tamiko

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Tamiko Nash and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Pinup Coture

1   (Samsung) 42" Plasma HDTV (G)
HECTOR *1850 CYNTHIA 2000 MARK 1299 KYLEE 1300 ($1898)

Hector, a student at UC Riverside, gets to complete the season's first TRIPLE PLAY

Ford Focus S (Std., AT)(L)(Not revealed)
$14,693$15,489
NOWIPEOUT

2   Dimplex Archer Electric Fireplace (T)
JULIE 1585 +Cynthia 2500 +Mark 1586 +Kylee *1 ($899)

Kylee from Rayland, OH plays FLIP FLOP for a Little Guy Sport Camper Trailer (G)

Setup:86 58
Pick:68 58   (She "Flips")
Price:$8685   LOSS

3   Jansport Allterra 3 pc Luggage Set (All)
Julie 450 +Cynthia 600 +Mark 601 ANTONIA 550 ($650)

Mark from Hendersonville, NC plays EAZY AZ 123

[1](2) Hohner DE800S Acoustic Guitar (G)$749
[2](1) Largo Counterheight Dining Group (T)1099
[3](3) (Maytag) Washer/Dryer (L)1768WIN!

...and because Drew was so desperate for a winner he made a deal - Mark gets to play a piano at show's end if she won. He did...and he did.

SHOWDOWN #1
$650Kylee95 stay.95Through to Showcase Round
1,898Hector  5 +  25.30
4,266Mark85 +100OV

4   Schwinn 431 Elliptical Trainer (T)
Julie *875 +Cynthia 1500 SHONA 1200 Antonia 2400 ($999)

Julie from St. Louis, MO plays DOUBLE PRICES for a trip to Bangkok (6n)(G&L)

$8243
($8243)LOSS
$7589PICK

5   Ridgeway Zealand Grandfather Clock (L)
JOHN 1599 +Cynthia 1501 Shona 1600 Antonia *1601 ($2345)

Antonia plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., AC, AT)(G)

Picks:6 4 3
Price:   $1 7 6 9 5
Bucks:7 6 4 0LOSS

Mimi's lurking again. This time she's got her eye on Cynthia, who had the last bid a moment ago and squandered it. She's now just one step away from banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Can she somehow make a comeback?

6   2 iPod Touch 8GB Media Players (G&L-in the Row)
John 500 +Cynthia *545 Shona 601 DAVID 600 ($598)

Cynthia escapes! She plays HI LO for a Ligna Antigua Bedroom Group and a Comfort Solutions Laura Ashley Sleep Set (T)($6200)

(3) (Gold Bond) Ultimate Healing$9.12
'HI' ROW(1) (Aspercreme Heat) Gel6.79
(2) (Reach Act) Mouthwash5.49
(4) (Glad) Press & Seal Wrap2.99
'LO' ROW(5) (Cajun Injector) Marinade5.99
(6) Ester C Supplement (120)12.99LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$598Cynthia40 + 70OV
999Julie55 + 25.80
2,345Antonia85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Antonia has the honor.

SC1-Kylee Brother Innova Sewing Machine (T)
Assorted Power Tools (G)
Reinell Beachcraft 185 18' Ski Boat (L)
BID$6,000
PRICE23,480
DIFF–17,480
SC2-Antonia PRIZES DESCRIBED BY RICH IN GOOFY WAYS (R on camera)
Teleflora Flower Arrangements (12 mo)(on one breath)
3-In-1 Donkey Kong/Mario Bros. Arcade Game (while standing on his head)
2 Harley Davidson Sportster Motorcycles (while inhaling helium)(T)
BID$18,000
PRICE21,621
DIFF–3,621
TOTAL$23,965

Today's Pricing Games: 1 for 6
Total Winnings: $31,726

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:39:49 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Pushover72

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 10/07/2008
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »
OMG

My worst fears are coming true...

After watching the show today, the whole experience came to a screaching halt with two of the WORST showcases this year! What in the world were they thinking?

The first one was as disjointed and unfunny as could be (spleen?...breaking out of prison?).  None of the prizes had any relationship to each other---there was no theme---It was as if they just threw prizes together without much thougt except for what they thought was a funny gag (not funny!).

The second????  There was no Intro to it.  It just started.  And, more importantly, didn't we just see that one last week?  IF it was funny, it was only funny the first time!

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
Am I the only one who got a kick out of Drew letting Mark play a piano at the end of the show if he won his pricing game (which he did)? Also, I wonder if FieldsFan336 liked the second showcase today.  :-D

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
WORST. SHOW. EVER.

Seriously. All in all there was really nothing good about this show today. The showcases were abysmal, what in the world was the point of the 2nd showcase?!?!?!? (That showcase wasn't funny, it was just downright stupid and moronic) and the pricing game lineup was awful other than Lucky 7 showing up 5th.. The coup de grace would have been Pick-a-Pair showing up last rather than Hi-Lo.

I know time constraints are hurting the show but could we please see more SP games. Seriously. In almost half the shows aired thus far there has not been a SP game played. I'd even take Plinko showing up again at this point.

I'd give anything if they take at least 30 seconds to a minute away from the showcases and devote that time to playing the pricing games. At least that way we'd get to see better games played (and more SP games) and less of the "insanely stupid" showcase skits.

I'm just really downhearted about the way the show is going lately. Some will probably "flame me" for this but I don't care, that's just my opinion-like it or hate it.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »
Honestly, I thought the second showcase was hilarious.  It is great to see rich getting more involved on camera now and seeing the old announcer box that was used pre-season 31.  I imagine it will only be time before rich is calling contestants down on camera.  I wonder how the room acted with rich this time.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »
Not a such great show, despite potiental to be one.

Today's Events:

Triple Play: Poor Hector. I was with him on this one.
Flip Flop: I would have won this- how is a trailer less than $7,000? And... how do you not pick the 85 ending?! Poor playing, nothing more, nothing less.
1-2-3: Neat on the piano idea to have Mark play should he win... nice setup so that this could happen.
Double Prices: Lots of quickies, today, eh? Guess Triple Play was expected to play longer.  ;-) Anyway, back to the game. Evil prices: the price ending in a 9 is wrong-yech!
Lucky 7: 5th?! Again?! This is more like a CSS Friday that Tuesday! A 9 placed 4th is tricky. This one was meant to be lost today. (Another hard 9. Gee...)
Hi-Lo: I would have lost, too; marinade over mouth on a high row? However, Cynthia set herself up for this one, putting the supplement in the low row. Not putting calciums/medicines/etc. in the low row again!

Kylee's Showcase: Talk about  :gotc:!  I don't believe this bid was thought out. A tricky boat, as usual. Smart idea for Antonia to pass this showcase.
Rich in funny ways: While this was kind of mean (having to read those flowers in one breath- ouch!), it isn't necessary or what LFaT come to expect for Price. I think by making showcases like this, Price is trying to attract a different audience. However, I'm glad to see Rich get some more well-deserved air time, albeit, not like this.

I, too, am disappointed with what has been going around lately (on the show). To end with a positive note, maybe (aside from the pie-throwing LA Kings showcase; what are they thinking??) these foolish showcases are stopping soon.

Overall: 1.25/5, the piano playing saved this show from being a measly 1.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »
Let's get through the worst show so far in the Drew era...

TP: I can see why he goofed this up, I think the price is 15,610 or 810, so it was close...but still. Nothing's 14k w/ standard equipment anymore.
Flippy: That little thing can look very confusing indeed. I have the price memorized. -85 isn't exactly better than -58 as -95 is to -59 as well.
Eazy: Good job, he could have screwed up. I enjoyed the well-placed performance to make up the time from the short TP (we were a minute early today), so we can thank the wipeout for that rarity. Too bad that's all that was enjoyed.
SD1: I MUST DIG - GAH! x2. Evil wheel...
DP: A complete crapshoot, I feel bad for her.
L7: Wow, that could have been won. Too bad any 9 still makes it difficult, and no <5.
Hi-Lo: 50 cents between the lowest high and the highest low...hard, I admit. So overall, today's show was almost doomed to nothing better than .500.

SCs. There's nothing to be said that hasn't been said already. On SC1, they gave up and simply hinged on rhyming, which DOESN'T WORK W/O A THEME! SC2...look behind the antics, there wasn't a theme or any catchy words or ANYTHING. I am appalled to admit that it wasn't INTENDED for people of any type of intelligence. I'm sorry, but that's what it was. And I didn't mention the :gotc: Drew quickly passed over (???).

C-

Actually after typing the above, I realize that most setups were semi-hard to hard and the contestants were pretty great today and with the piano being brought out, so this wasn't a complete failure. But, the SCs had, and still have, me feeling very nervous. And, again, contestants aren't even making a playing out of some games, a lot of wipeouts already.

To rodroddyfan: Rich shouldn't be embarrassed in these appearances the way he is. That's the problem.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »
Am I the only one that hates Drew's entrances lately?  Today's was awful.  What are you doing, Carey?  It's just another way the man is killing one the most dignified game shows (or it used to be) of all time.  Feel free to flame me, but I get tired of his sophmoric antics.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »
I caught myself smiling during most of the second showcase, and I really don't think it was all that bad. It was certainly slapdash of them to launch right into the showcase without an introduction, but I'd just as soon write that off to the fact that it's a new idea and expect they'll refine it next time. Compared to a Rappin' Rod showcase or that bizarre Marx Brothers showcase from the '70s (that had Johnny and the models running through the audience and sitting on people's laps), it doesn't strike me as unreasonable.

The only thing that annoyed me today was when, during the first bidding round, Drew made a sarcastic-sounding remark about one of the contestants "buying the shirt from the gift shop". Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but from his tone, it sounded like he was saying "Wow, it sucks that you couldn't come up with anything better."

Otherwise, I enjoyed the show today. Loved all the piano antics, especially Mark getting piano music as opposed to the regular theme when he won his game.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »
What in the world are you people thinking?!  The second showcase was one of the best showcases I've seen in a while.  Plus... it was Rich on camera!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
Amen, Brother Fireball!  Ever since Rich joined the cast in 2004, I've been dying to see him in a Showcase skit or on camera more (and so have many of us)...and now we have that chance.  I honestly think that some of this negative thinking has definitely gone too far

Bravo Rich for another hilarious showcase! :-D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:35:15 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PriceForever

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »
Today's show was one of the least enjoyable ones this season (or, matter of fact, since Drew took over).

The two showcases were absolutely terrible...they were silly in the bad sense of the word.  There was no serious thought put in the first one.

The second one I found jarring since it started with no premise attached.  A nice premise would have been (Now I'm scripting a showcase!) "Well, Rich has had it easy lately, and since we want to keep him on the cutting edge, we thought we would test him with some challenges."

Maybe my premise is not that good, but it certainly is better than none!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 04:59:57 PM by PriceForever »

Offline Pushover72

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 05:06:17 PM »
The second????  There was no Intro to it.  It just started.  And, more importantly, didn't we just see that one last week?  IF it was funny, it was only funny the first time!

Pushover72 wants to apologize...the show did not repeat a showcase...Pushover72 saw it on Craig Furgensen's show (everything is running together!!!!!).

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
The way Drew giggled and said, "That was hilarious" after the second showcase, it reminded me of a high schooler who had just pulled a prank on the substitute teacher. In other words, the showcases were just a little too silly for my liking.

Can't say I'm too thrilled with the way this season has begun. However, seeing the contestant get to play the piano (although it was kind of a weird time in the show) was a throwback to the 90s when Bob used to have a college group come down to contestant's row and sing once a week or so.

I don't know what's happened between the end of last season and the beginning of this one, but I just don't see Drew making progress as he had been. I hope he's not concentrating only on how to make showcases "better" and not on how he can keep his mood and voice up as host.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »
What in the world are you people thinking?!  The second showcase was one of the best showcases I've seen in a while.  Plus... it was Rich on camera!

I'm glad Rich is being shown more and more on camera, BUT these showcases today had no premise, it seemed . In fact, I'll say it again, they were flat out A-W-F-U-L. If one likes slapstick and stuff that insults their intelligence then these showcases today were certainly for them.

Oh yeah, Drew's giggling and muttering "that was hillarious" has got to stop, he was acting like a teenager or little kid rather than the host of a gameshow. This ain't "Whose Line" or "Match Game" this is the "Price is Right." Show a little decorum please.

Again, I've said it before and I'll say it again it seems to me that some on here are more interested in the hillarity of what takes place in these "goofy" showcases than in the actual playing of the games themselves.  I care about the show as a whole and try to focus on everything rather than just what takes place in the showcases. To me the showcases are now detracting/taking away from the rest of the show and that is bothersome to me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:16:45 PM by rob79 »