Author Topic: Couple questions about host your own  (Read 2836 times)

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Couple questions about host your own
« on: August 16, 2006, 07:49:52 PM »
I'm really thinking of hosting my own show, but im not sure on some things:

1.  When calling a contestant down, is it my choice to who it is or is there some order like, in the order they signed up?

2.  When I do my episode, I want to use Johnny as my announcer, because its gonna be a half hour show, is that ok?

3.  Is it ok to use products and prizes from the era (1974 which would be the time for my episode) or should I limit myself to present-day products?

Any and all answers and help is greatly appreciated :-)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: Couple questions about host your own
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »
TPIR75 wrote the following:

1. When calling a contestant down, is it my choice to who it is or is there some order like, in the order they signed up?

Welcome aboard!  Anyways, it can be any order you wish.

2. When I do my episode, I want to use Johnny as my announcer, because its gonna be a half hour show, is that ok?

Sure thing!  Use any announcer names you can think of!

3. Is it ok to use products and prizes from the era (1974 which would be the time for my episode) or should I limit myself to present-day products?

I would suggest you stick with the present-day products, unless you're planning on doing TONS of research.

Once again, welcome aboard TPIR75.

John "GoldenBulldog" Gillmen
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:08:30 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
TPIR75 wrote the following:

1. When calling a contestant down, is it my choice to who it is or is there some order like, in the order they signed up?

Anyways, it can be any order you wish.

Well, don't play favorites. :-P

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »
TPIR, I have a method for contestant selection that I think works well.  When people sign up, I insist that they provide me with a 3-digit number.  When I need contestants, I use my handy scientific calculator to generate 3-digit numbers.  For each number I generate, the person in the contestant pool closest to the # (without going over) is called to come on down.  This is similar to what our gurus do on the live chatroom shows.

I also use this random number generator for Showcase Showdowns.  After the player gives me a number from 1-20, I press the enter key that many times, then round what the calculator gives me up to the next nickel.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:59:24 PM »
Thanks guys, this has been really helpful.  Hopefully in the next few weeks i will attempt my own show.