Author Topic: GRECO 4: Week 5 [Results]  (Read 1106 times)

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
GRECO 4: Week 5 [Results]
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
There will be no Matchup Set through the Week with Thanksgiving, so enjoy the holiday and stuff your faces!
Matchup Set:  December 1 to December 5

Tiebreaker Question
If you are one of the remaining 6 players, please submit (with your CARD) a numerical answer to the following question:
        During this Matchup Set, how many Contestants will win a car in the Pricing Game they play?

T-Shirt Raffle
Any player who places Gas Money in the center (SPACE NUMBER 13) of this Week's CARD, and also makes a GRECO anywhere on this CARD, will win one entry into the GRECO T-Shirt raffle.

Elimination
The player with the lowest score at the end of this Matchup Set will be eliminated from competition.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:17:53 AM by apeminkie »

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: GRECO 4: Week 5 [Information]
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 10:25:13 PM »
Unfortunately, looks like Barker's Bargain Bar has been retired. When preparing your cards, make sure to not include it.  :cry:

I've had BBB on my card for the past number of weeks, I was beginning to wonder where it was.  :-?
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:49:09 PM »
Will be submitting my GRECO board either tonight or tomorrow, depends how busy I am.  :-P
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
I'll send mine in a little bit.

And don't forget that this is the purple wheel week, so Bargain Bar could very well still be played this week. :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
Board has been submitted.  :-D

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
Card submitted.  I just hope I didn't get eliminated in Week 4
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »

Maybe it's a good thing that I'm not playing anymore...
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »
So, who officially got "das boot?"
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »
So, who officially got "das boot?"

I'm working on it.  :-D

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
GRECO 4: Week 5 [CARDS]
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 12:49:08 AM »
Chad1787
cu2010
Enzo Aquarius
FieldsFan336
Flerbert419
Footix

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
GRECO 4: Week 5 [Results]
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 01:14:04 AM »
An out-of-the-ordinary purple Wheel makes this Week's out-of-the-ordinary CARDS stand out even more.  Nobody took the challenge of incorporating Gas Money as a center square; in fact, almost everyone seemed to leave the game off their CARDS altogether.  Good thing, as it wasn't even played!

The biggest out-of-the-ordinary thing I noted going through the CARDS was how close everyone was to being eliminated this Week.  It was only through luck that many of you folks survived.

Our top-scorer, with a (measly, compared the previous Week's highs) Score of 27 this Week was Enzo Aquarius.  After Day 4, he held second place at 14--no GRECOS, no PATTERNS.  Two of the three SPACES he marked on Day 5 gave him the two GRECOS he needed to vault out of elimination.

Close finisher Chad1787 didn't mark a single SPACE on the bottom row of his CARD, but a GRECO and a PATTERN created by the same two SPACES (One Away and Plinko) gave him a close-second finish.

Third place went to Flerbert419 who, for marking only 12 SPACES (the last two Days he only marked two SPACES total), managed two quick GRECOS.  cu2010's GRECO and Footix's "Lucky" PATTERN saved elimination for the two players, considering there was some rather curious picks on each CARD.

Sadly, we must say goodbye to our lone female player, FieldsFan336.  No luck means for no win this Week, but it may have been saved with a better placement of Plinko.  Who knows...

What we do know is that we're halfway done with the Season.  What will be in store in the final few Weeks?  Will there be a twist?  Will there be more unexpected drama?  Will there be more prizes?  To answer those questions: "I don't know", "You can bet your dauber on it", "As long as the Sun's in the sky", "Not likely"...not necessarily in that order.   :oldlol:

Ohbeforeiforget, congratulations and a raffle entry go out to cu2010, Enzo Aquarius, and Flerbert419 for correctly guessing five cars would be won [out of 11!?]!

PLAYER NAME   
   SPACES   
   PATTERNS   
   GRECOS   
   TOTAL   
   Enzo Aquarius   
   Chad1787   
   Flerbert419   
   cu2010   
   Footix   
   FieldsFan336