Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/26/2008  (Read 66009 times)

Offline Bgamer90

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/26/2008
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 10:15:13 PM »
By real I meant it look like something an artist couldn't have done. I wanted to go see it again but CBS uploaded the wrong episode.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 10:30:34 PM »
I remembered you're Canadian, hence the six week reference. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Heh, well, I just find it amusing that you mentioned me out of all the Canadian members on this board.  Yes, it was six weeks ago this past Monday the Canadian Thanksgiving.

It honestly looked like it was a green screen to me. The image looked too real...

No, my friend, that is why trip skins are much better than green screens.

Might as well have complained about forgetting Doug Davidson too.

I knew somebody would bring that up, but I didn't think it would be you, Frank.  Getting James and Kennedy in there as well, you would have had all the good hosts of The Price Is Right in there, but that still leaves Drew.  Hmm.. maybe there was no way it would have worked.

It's just a shirt, and not everybody's perfect, she's Human afterall. Her shirt, her rules. :-P

Well, yeah, obviously, I was simply making a comment.

If she wanted to be perfect, she would've also put every single person involved in TPiR since it started from day 1.

No, because the focus of her shirt was the hosts of The Price Is Right, not every single staff member.

In the chat, we said "Nick will going to complain about showcase # 1" and it well... was true...

Is that honestly what you people think about me, that I'm not going to like stuff?

Hey, Nick, BTW, Don't you notice that this is parody of the soap opera?

Sure, but at the same time, I was a part of a improvisational drama group, and a couple of our members did a soap opera parody sketch a few times, and it was a heck of a lot better than whatever this thing they had for the first Showcase, and we didn't need any real soap stars.

if a contestant have to mention every host... I believe you will criticise he/she because he/she didn't mention "Dob" and "Fingers..."

No, because again, the focus was on the hosts, not every staffer; and Fingers is not synonymous for Roger as producer.  This must be repeated and understood.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline uion1715

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 11:13:50 PM »
No, my friend, that is why trip skins are much better than green screens.

Wait... I don't think the trip skin we saw was trip skin we saw in let's say... 4 years ago...

I mean, trip skin from 4 years ago wasn't that much realistic, wasn't it?

I just think they put a photography on the green screen... (Of course, I am may be wrong here...)

Is that honestly what you people think about me, that I'm not going to like stuff?

Well, you didn't like any of stuff that's going on in season 37 so yeah... to me...(Though everybody said in humoristic tone, not like in serious tone)

Sure, but at the same time, I was a part of a improvisational drama group, and a couple of our members did a soap opera parody sketch a few times, and it was a heck of a lot better than whatever this thing they had for the first Showcase, and we didn't need any real soap stars.

First, Drew had to work around prizes and if you use that kind of logic here, I don't think we can find any showcase we like...

Maybe changes "were" bad...

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »
2 for 1: Green Screen or not, they have to go. It looked so real that I just couldn't tell which is which.  :confused: I hjad a hunch that Luggage would be $650.

Cliff: From Perfect to.....Tragedy??!!! :shocked: How could Kimberly even think the Lantern would be less than a $30 Portable Cooler? That is just sad.  :cry:

Take Two: Hmmm....Rough.

STD: Nakita is another who should know not to waste a free pick on the first digit.  :headbang: $20,415 would've been my guess. Talk about a Mustang going up by Steroids.

Side: Exceelent work for someone paying homage to the current and those who came before him.  :-)

Clock: EGAD!!!!!! :headbang: We almost saw someone actually pull off a big one in the now "4-digit prize allowed" Clock Game. OUCH!!! THE PAIN!!!!!

Showcases: I'm not a soap opera fan and as far as some of you thought it was good.....(Gets on the floor) Like many soaps on the air.....BAD ACTING WAS IN PLACE!!!!! I'm sorry, y'all!!!! Just din't impress me much. Seeing Rich in a dress and pregnant was kinda the most outrageous we've seen him and I'll give him a bit of props for that. When my grandmother saw him, She said "That's Ugly".  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  The prizes looked great, though.

A 3.25-star show.

Happy "Bird" day!!!!!! :-D

Offline Fukuoka304

• In the Audience
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 11:49:23 PM »
I thought today's TPIR was THE most poorly executed show of the 37th season. I'm glad I didn't watch it, because I felt the contestants made way too many mistakes. Drew Carey really oughta remind the contestants to keep their mistakes to a minimum, and maybe they'll win something really good.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:53 PM »
It's not the host's responsibility to make sure contestants play the game properly.  If a contestant makes a questionable or bad decision, it's not Drew's problem.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »
I thought today's TPIR was THE most poorly executed show of the 37th season. I'm glad I didn't watch it [snip] .

Wait, what? How on earth do you know this if you didn't even watch it?!?
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 11:57:20 PM »
My guess is that this member decided to only read the recap, not watch the show. I at least use CBS.com to watch the shows, you should do the same before critiquing the day's show. That's why I haven't put up my opinion yet...

EDIT: Assumptions were also likely made by what the general consensus of comments were. That's my guess.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:09:13 AM by prizes22 »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 12:01:34 AM »
I fail to see how you can determine how a show is executed, and then to even go as far as stating this is the most poorly executed show without even seeing it.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 12:20:22 AM »
I'm obviously late on making my comments, but that was the best showcase I've ever seen. It was very well organized and made sense. A+++++++++++++++++++++++ to whoever wrote it.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Bgamer90

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:26 AM »

I just think they put a photography on the green screen... (Of course, I am may be wrong here...)

That's what I'm thinking (and that's basically what I thought they did when I saw it). Like I said it looked too real to have been done by an artist.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:54:00 AM by Bgamer90 »

Offline ilovetv

• In the Audience
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2008, 01:02:58 AM »
Hi all.
I am a long time fan of the Price is Right, however I am relatively new to Golden-Road.net.  Just recently I have found myself searching for a place to discuss my dissatisfaction on one of my once favorite shows, The Price is Right.  Just now have I actually had something to talk about at a discussion board.  Before I had only good things to say and didn't find it necessary to voice my opinion, but I would now just like to know that I am not alone with my sad realization that The Price is Right just isn't the same, and is taking a turn for the worse. 

I usually DVR the show when I am unable to watch it live due to class or work.  It wasn't until this episode that I finally came to a realization that the show is no longer TPIR that I remember.  The showcase on today's show shocked me.  It was one of the most awkward scenes I have seen on television in a really long time.  The acting wasn't funny.  The "idea" wasn't even funny.  Drew was laughing awkwardly at the end of showcase, which just made it more obvious that it was funny to Drew and only Drew.  And Rich in a dress? I felt as though I was watching a bad SNL skit mocking a bad episode of TPIR.  I really couldn't believe that they aired such a thing. I had to watch it twice in hopes that maybe it wasn't as originally bad as I thought, but I was wrong.

As a viewer I felt as though they lost respect for their loyal audience. Like I said, I have been a long time viewer and to watch such a showcase was an insult.  Rich wearing a dress and being pregnant doesn't help my case.  Rich is continuously popping up places that just isn't necessary.  He isn't a reality star personality which he is trying so sadly to become or pretend to be.  I wanted to see a showcase that showcased the prizes. Nothing else. I mean, isn't that what TPIR is/was all about?

Between the bad acting and dialogue, the prizes seemed minimal and almost non-existent.  More attention was put on the bad dialogue than the prizes that were being shown. It was also obvious that the contestants were confused at what was going on.  The excitement was at an all time low.  If I wanted to watch bad acting I could stay tuned and have watched a real soap opera.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
Hurray for a trip skin in 241! That looked so much better than the green screen...too bad they can't use them all the time anymore.

That was a painful loss in Cliffy. Even I thought she had still won...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who disliked that first Showcase...and neither did my brother, who was also watching at that point ("What the heck is this?") It had the ability to work...it just didn't. Too much bad acting and poor writing, and I had no clue what was going on. If I didn't know that it was the soap opera SC, I likely wouldn't have figured that out.

OVERALL: 3/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2008, 10:59:12 AM »
2 For The Price Of 1:  Jane shoulda left the middle number alone when she changed the 3 to a 6.  Actually, she should've picked the middle number for her free one, IMHO.
Cliff Hangers:  I was shocked when the yodelly guy went over the cliff! 8-O  That is one expensive lantern! :-o
Take Two:  Too bad! :-(
Stack The Deck:  I thought that it was a pretty dumb move when Nakita picked the first number for one of the given numbers.
Side By Side:  Nice t osee we're not gonna get skunked the day before Thanksgiving! :-)  I thought for sure Edith was going to lose because I thought the price was $7,985.
Clock Game:  What a heartbreaker on the second prize! :cry:
Showcases:  What a cool showcase showcase 1 was! :-D  Rich looked pretty in his dress, lol! :lol:

Not too good overall, IMHO.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! :-D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:01:18 AM by Cartboy »
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline PriceForever

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 11:21:11 AM »
Rich is continuously popping up places that just isn't necessary.  He isn't a reality star personality which he is trying so sadly to become or pretend to be. 

I agree...the show is over-doing the use of Rich.  He just comes off as a goofy guy that's trying to be funny but is embarrassingly not funny.  He seems to have no shame anymore.   He has lost all the class that he used to have with being associated with TPIR and I miss the Rich I used to only hear, but at least I imagined him to be a more dignified and classy person.